Video Game Crossovers You'd Like To See

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Ninja Gaiden and Devil may Cry

a hack n slash crossover in style of Koei Tecmo's Warriors Orochi series. Playable NG characters: Ryu, Ayane, Rachel, Momiji, Yaiba, and Kasumi. Playable DMC characters: Dante, Trish, Lady, Lucia, Vergil and Nero.

Bayonetta and Darksiders

Both are action games featuring both demons and angels and characters that combat both. Playable Bayonetta characters: Bayonetta and Jeanne. Playable Darksiders characters: Death, War and Fury.

Sonic The Hedgehog and Spyro

Adventure game starring Sonic and Spyro. Only those two as playable but other characters from both franchises will appear.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mario and Sonic, but like, an actual platformer game.

And a game that makes Bloodborne and Dark Souls officially canon to each other. Though I guess that would more likely just be a Bloodborne game where you clearly interact with things from Dark Souls.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nier: Automata and Fortnite, just to see the shitstorm unfold among Nier fans.

But seriously, none. Crossovers are terrible, terrible, terrible, whether it be games, movies, or TV. It only increases the urge to pander to fans, which is not something that needs even more encouragement.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Black and Burnout. We're not worthy.

I'd also accept The Saboteur and Mercenaries, Battlefield Bad Company (1) and Battlefield 1942 (basically Kelly's Heroes The Game), Mount and Blade Warband and Robin Hood (so basically a Robin Hood sandbox), TIE Fighter and Dark Forces (but also multiplayer), And Battlestations and War Thunder (So basically Battlestations but also with tanks)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gordon_4 said:
I wouldn't mind a Devil May Cry and Bayonetta team up game.
Second. I would not mind a Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry crossover, except don't make it DW style. We hot enough of those already.

Tekken vs. Dead or Alive. DOA5 gave us Virtua Fighter characters as guest stars (AM2 Sega helped develop the combat), so doing this will make things come full circle.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd like to see a Dragon Quest Builders set in the FF-Verse.

I'd like to see the folks behind the new DBZ and Guilty Gear series make a Final Fantasy fighting game.

I'd like to see a MegaTen demon collection game with the game play of 'Wrath Unleashed'.

I'd like to see a Marvel vs DC game made with the game play of Injustice.

I'd like to see a DC vs Marvel game made with the game play of MVC3.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Jagged Alliance & Harvest Moon.

Clearly the mayor of Mineral Town is a despot that needs to go and a new banana republic free and fair democracy installed in its place.

CIA shadow war, tactical points based ruthless agrarian uprising action.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Saelune said:
And a game that makes Bloodborne and Dark Souls officially canon to each other. Though I guess that would more likely just be a Bloodborne game where you clearly interact with things from Dark Souls.
I thought it already was? Like not specifically literally stated, but there's a Hunter in Dark Souls 1 and I thought it was hinted Yarham was one of the paintings from DS3?

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Squilookle said:
TIE Fighter and Dark Forces (but also multiplayer)
I've been waiting on one like that since those games were released. And I would also like a mix of Mercenaries with just about anything else really. Just Cause presses some of the same buttons, but the magic hookshot and infinite parachutes makes it more about freedom of movement and superpowers and less about tactics and stealth (as bad as mercenaries stealth was.) Maybe Mercenaries with a Hitman style stealth system.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Marvel and Mario, for one reason only: So that there can be a joke where Fawful hijacks all the TVs (as villains tend to do) and announces to the world that he has kidnapped Nick Fury.

Mega Man and Sonic, because their comic crossover was hilarious. Also, while I may be expecting too much of the series' respective writers, I feel they're interesting contrasts personality-wise. Super humble hero who only wants everlasting peace meets super arrogant hero who's always actively looking for the next adventure, learning from each other. Use Mega Man level design but the length of 2D Sonic levels, giving Mega some kind of speed-enhancing powerup gimmick so they won't take him twice as long to finish.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I?d like to see a Forza and Burnout crossover. More accurately, I want Forza with nitrous and explosions.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
Saelune said:
I thought it already was? Like not specifically literally stated, but there's a Hunter in Dark Souls 1 and I thought it was hinted Yarham was one of the paintings from DS3?
I want something more definitive, currently it is mostly just headcanony. Plus I want another Bloodborne some day.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
Mega Man and Sonic, because their comic crossover was hilarious. Also, while I may be expecting too much of the series' respective writers, I feel they're interesting contrasts personality-wise. Super humble hero who only wants everlasting peace meets super arrogant hero who's always actively looking for the next adventure, learning from each other. Use Mega Man level design but the length of 2D Sonic levels, giving Mega some kind of speed-enhancing powerup gimmick so they won't take him twice as long to finish.
I feel the best format for that would be something similar to Sonic Generations, only Act 1 would be Sonic style where you play as Sonic and Act 2 would be Mega Man style were you play as Mega Man.

OT: I've been playing Star Ocean Anamesis on my phone and during the opening sequence I kept thinking it'd be hilarious if this crossed over with Star Trek.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
Stardew Valley and Silent Hill.

Except you play as a priest of the Order and get to do your thing in the real world to keep the cult strong and healthy, while luring in travelers and damned souls to send to the misty world, where you torture and drive them mad until eventually sacrificing them by plunging them into the Otherworld.

The way I see it working, is you have the town and its NPC inhabitants. You have to recruit and indoctrinate them, keep them in the cult or at least shut them up, and they generate "real world" money and resources for you that you use for rituals and stuff, and give you tips on travelers and damned souls. Between "visitors" you spend most of your time tending the cult, and waiting for a good sacrifice to show up. Give them like their own side quests and everything.

Visitors to the town Most travelers and damned souls are procedurally-generated and have AI with physical and mental attributes, having a huge list of potential past sins and guilts, and their attributes make them more and less susceptible to different kinds of manipulation and monsters. You have to spend time stalking the visitor, talking to townsfolk to learn more about them, and breaking into their hotel room and car to find out more about them, their history, and what kind of personal hell best suits them.

Once you've got your information, you do your ritual and plunge the visitor into the misty world. You manipulate them, gaslight them, send monsters after them, and lead them around on wild goose chases, learning about their darkest secrets and draining their sanity, but you have to keep them alive -- the point is making them emotionally and mentally vulnerable to your machinations, not killing them (yet). When their mind's nice and broken, you hit the lever and drop their ass right into the Otherworld where your weakened prey has to fight for their life to avoid the personalized hell you've created for them based on what they've told you in their emotionally-vulnerable state.

Then, once they're half dead or dying, their minds completely gone, you can offer them salvation by indoctrinating them into the Order (going on to being townsfolk NPC's in their own right) or sacrificing them to God. And the cycle repeats, until you've sacrificed enough souls to resurrect God.

But mostly, it's about seeing Pyramid Head as a cutesy sprite brutally murdering other horrific Silent Hill monster cutesy sprites in explicit retro gore.

[EDIT: It's this, or a crossover between JFK Reloaded and Touhou, a bullet hell shooter game where you play as the driver of JFK's limo. Your pick.]

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Canadamus Prime said:
WhiteFangofWhoa said:
I feel the best format for that would be something similar to Sonic Generations, only Act 1 would be Sonic style where you play as Sonic and Act 2 would be Mega Man style were you play as Mega Man.

OT: I've been playing Star Ocean Anamesis on my phone and during the opening sequence I kept thinking it'd be hilarious if this crossed over with Star Trek.
I really like that idea of the Acts having separate playstyles. I never tried Sonic Colors but I heard it was one of the better Sonic games of this era, and it gave Sonic multiple special weapons as well. This one would allow him to gain Robot Master weapons after beating a boss in Act 2.

Star Ocean is pretty much the Star Trek JRPG, except it keeps stranding you on primitive worlds for over half the game.

On the subject of Trek though, I'd enjoy seeing a cross between it and Persona. Shadow Worf/Data FTW. One thing that kind of bugged me about the utopianism of the original series and more emphasized in TNG was that they never explain what the Federation does about its truly nasty citizens. What do they do when confronted with evil humans such as Suguru Kamoshida, Masayoshi Shido, or even Tohru Adachi? Keeping them locked up in the brig seems a temporary solution at best, and we never see any prisons on Earth.

kiri3tsubasa

Jan 24, 2016
There many series I would love to see a crossover with, but I am not sure how they could do it. Especially the power differences in many of those universes. Theoretically they could make a Halo Mass Effect crossover game work, but they couldn't ever do that with 40K. As such all I can do is go to fanfiction websites and see what could be.