Video Game Food Analogies

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Flaming Yong? What? Do you mean Filet Mignon?
Stupid google speak. Already changed.

Dont burn Yong Yea like that. Dude has had a decent youtube channel.
Fixed. His channel is not good and not much of a news channel when most of it is repetitive second hand information. I used to subscribe to him, but dropped him within a year. Plus, I can't stand some of his obvious hypocrisy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • Final Vendetta is a British dance club and bar with good and decent drinks, though fairly overpriced.
  • Bayonetta 3 - Is all the restaurants at the food court at your favorite local mall that has great stuff, but barely last long enough to matter or only stick around for a month or two to be replaced by something else. While one of the restaurants which has been around since the mall's creation is still around and has not gone anywhere, because people love it so much, but eventually will close down in time.
  • Gungrave is that Japanese food stand that's surprisingly good. Overdose is a said imitation of that surprisingly good Japanese food stand, and leaves your stomach upset after eating there.
  • Ninja Gaiden is where all the food is spicy 🥵. Made only for the most hardcore and masochistic.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Elden Ring is like a Hotel Buffet but a cheap one where nothing is labeled and the food is set out in a bunch of different rooms. The food is decent but finding exactly what you want is difficult and you end up eating whatever you come across even if you dont really want it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Elden Ring is like a Hotel Buffet but a cheap one where nothing is labeled and the food is set out in a bunch of different rooms. The food is decent but finding exactly what you want is difficult and you end up eating whatever you come across even if you dont really want it.
Lol was just going to say it’s like an all you can eat buffet, but everything is covered and you could wind up with several duplicates. Some trays were made by a five star chef whereas others were just fast food takeout.

I’m trying to think of one for GodRag now but not completely sure as I’m only past the first Atreus section now. Sure is a lot easier on Balance diff though.

Anyways so far I’m thinking it’s ultimately a nine course (get it?) meal made by a five star chef, but the chef gets to choose what you eat, when, and how much. Also you can’t start another course until you at least eat the bulk of the previous. The chef will also explain how he made it as well as a brief history of each dish, and the waiter will ask you every so often how you’re doing, while occasionally giving tips on how to eat it.

Yeah, it’s all but given away as to who the chef and waiter might be.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I’m trying to think of one for GodRag now but not completely sure as I’m only past the first Atreus section now. Sure is a lot easier on Balance diff though.
GodRag is a high end chain restaurant. Where the food is always consistently good if not always spectacular. But it doesn't matter what you order, you know you'll get a pretty good meal no matter what. I'm thinking something like the Cheesecake Factory or something along those lines. However the downside is that you likely aren't going to be too surprised by anything.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
GodRag is a high end chain restaurant. Where the food is always consistently good if not always spectacular. But it doesn't matter what you order, you know you'll get a pretty good meal no matter what. I'm thinking something like the Cheesecake Factory or something along those lines. However the downside is that you likely aren't going to be too surprised by anything.
What’s FF7/Remake? :)

Never mind, just saw on 1st page unless you care to revisit/elaborate.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Witcher 3 is like a fancy three-course meal that you love to have. But you may also find a piece of bone or a hair every now and then

I find Soulsllike games to be a spicy food challenge; they make you feel like everything is on fire, but you keep coming back for more because you enjoy it.

rougelike games are blind food test; you might taste heaven or shit.

Persona 5 is like kimchi or any fermented food; the longer you play it, the more you enjoy it

Finally, Battlefield is a restaurant which once had five star review, but is now sitting at three star

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I got couple more;

No man’s Sky is like food made by culinary student; it tastes like shit at first but gets better with each attempt due to genuine effort

Minecraft is like thanksgiving turkey; it’s a well-known dish, but everyone has different ways to cook it. And everyone likes to argue their take is the greatest.

Animal Crossing New Horizon is like a vanilla ice cream; it’s a basic flavor but everone is supposed tohave a neutral love for it.

Battle Royale games are like Hawaii pizza. You either love it or hate it

Classic games from NES era are like wild game meat; Ancient and tough ways to acquiring the meat, but once you try it over camp fire it makes it taste all the better.

Halo Infinite is like one of those lab-grown meat. It may look AND taste like organic meat, but no one would actually consider eating it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gungrave GORE is a Korean food stand that does a good job of imitating that surprisingly good Japanese food stand, does its own unique things for the better, but at the same time does either weird foods, or requirements to have said foods no one was asking for. People will like it there, but others will be turned away, or prefer just going to that original food stand.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Overwatch 2 is that greasy diner that you don't go to every day because you just can't handle more than one meal every week or so, but the food's good as long as you know what menu options to avoid and don't order too much at once, and then wait a while before going back again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Evil West is your local South Western/Western style steak 🥩 house with all kinds of variety of meat. Not everything is healthy for you, but it's good to eat there every now and then. The place also has some appeasing appetizers as well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Prodeus is a food place that imitates the resturnants of the 90s almost to a T. Yet, the food has a good familiar but slightly different taste to it. That said, they need to add more to the menu.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Urban Reign is hard liquor that will kick the the shit out of your insides, if you're not prepared it!

Need for Speed Nitro is Surge.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Hogwarts Legacy: Steakhouse that lets meat eaters choose their own cow to be slaughtered in front of a Vegan and anti animal cruelty Protest.

Senran Kagura: A restaurant that serves Chicken Sashimi and got called out by food critics for being unsanitary and forcing the restaurant owner to close the place and leave and open up a restaurant back in Japan with an explicit "We don't serve foreigners" in front of it

Forspoken: An ethical experimental Vegan Restaurant that got dunked on by meat eaters and customers who ate at Hi Fi Rush. A nostalgic 50's burger joint with a rockabilly theme that was forced to close because too many critics and customers dunked on it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Forspoken: An ethical experimental Vegan Restaurant that got dunked on by meat eaters and customers who ate at Hi Fi Rush. A nostalgic 50's burger joint with a rockabilly theme that was forced to close because too many critics and customers dunked on it
I know some people come here to vent at times, but let's not lie about history and make up false truths. Both games lived and died on their own merits. HF did nothing wrong, and only did what it set out to achieve. Forspoken, I give some credit, but it was overhyped and has two unlikeable protags who thinks being constantly quippy and sarcastic is endearing. When it's not, nor the all go-to for good writing and dialogue. Besides, the people who put the games against each other online are already either assholes on YT who had something against Forspoken begin with, and are only using HF for their dumb arguments or as a stepping stone to be tossed aside when no longer needed. HF never went after Forspoken to begin with. They're two different type of games, other than being in 3rd person. HF shadow dropped out of nowhere with no build up. Forspoken had been building up hype since 2019-2020.

If you like Forspoken, there is nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't give you the right to be mad at the game or another developer's success.

Beside, I would not call HF a rockabilly themed burger joint. Only two of the songs are really rockabilly themed. The streaming version of the first boss fight, and either versions of Rekka's themes. The rest of the songs are either rock, hard rock, metal, alternative rock, grunge, and hi-fi (Nine Ninch Nails, boyeee!). Hi-Fi Rush is more of a Coney Island in the styles of 2000s. Yeah, they got burgers, and hot dogs, but they're not afraid to add vegetables to the menu, nor afraid to experiment.

Forspoken is the resturant that tries, but fails to appeal to vegans. The management and staff claim to know they did their research, but didn't consult with anybody with that knowledge nor background, and went off the cuff and by the seat of their pants. Never questioning anything, nor showing actual concern. While at the same time, not having a full idea of what it wants to be. There are some good stuff, but most of the other items are not exactly vegan, or are of mediocre quality.

I am not turning this into back and forth and that's is all I will say on the matter. I don't care for your ridiculous cult rhetoric either.

Last edited:
Reactions: NerfedFalcon

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Anno 1800 demo is holding a free burger from a place you've been a regular customer at, but just as you hold it up to take the first bite, just as it lightly touches your lips, the staff guards snatch it back with concerned frowns, saying the burger can only be eaten once you access an old broken email account you ain't used in years to verify an email they wanna send. And when you inevitably fail that check, the burger is slowly carried like a dead gerbil to the rubbish chute as all further attempts to negotiate fall apart.

Though am guessing that analogy may not have the widest range of a resonating audience, on second thought.

Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan