Video Game Kids Names?

Apr 19, 2010
LordNue said:
My name is Steven too, I honestly thing it's a terrible sounding name. It's the N at the end I think.
Oh it's not just the fact that I was named after a soap opera character that bothers me, it's that anyone who is willing to disregard any thought for how their kids might feel and just go "HURP DURP I LIKE THIS SO MY KID WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CHOICE THAT CAN MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE SHIT FOR ALL OF ETERNITY" is a selfish asshole. I can guarantee you that anyone blatently named after a video game character like Sephiroth will get their ass beaten throughout highschool, mocked endlessly on a level higher then that of anyone else in their group, and then comes the shame of knowing your parents didn't care enough to actually think of a name for you, nor did they care enough to think about what would happen. Oh and there's the fact that the kid might not even like video games and will probably grow to resent them if he/she ends up having a terrible name because of them.
You can just ask people to call you Steve.
And every parent does that. They don't say 'what name will make our child get beaten up less,' but go with what name they like. Now I'm not saying call your kid some outlandish name but call your kid whatever you want because they kinda don't deserve that consideration since they're going to be leaching off you for the next 18 or so years.

mrpmpfan

Apr 14, 2010
Cody211282 said:
This seems like a great plan for getting your child picked on in school. Do you hate your future kids or something?
How is possibly naming my child based on an 80s or 90s video game character going to get them picked on? Most young kids only know the new franchises. On top of that Zelda is a very pretty name and has nothing wrong with it.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Male: Wander Freeman Smith
Female: Jade Freeman Smith

Gotta have Freeman in there...its just too epic. And Shadow of the Colossus and Beyond Good and Evil are both classics, but not so classic that everyone will know they're video game names, like Mario.

Also, how sick would it be to have a son named Wander?

Maibus

Aug 8, 2009
Arisato-kun said:
I don't know about you but my son will be named Isaac, in honor of this badass.

You would name your son after a chick with a dude's name? I'd name mine with some kind of Mandalorian word.

Freedomario

Jan 22, 2010
i would honestly be weirded out if i was named after a video game character.

try to name him/her of a video game character that most likely wont be known of his/her generation, so he may not be made fun of at school and such.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
mrpmpfan said:
Cody211282 said:
This seems like a great plan for getting your child picked on in school. Do you hate your future kids or something?
How is possibly naming my child based on an 80s or 90s video game character going to get them picked on? Most young kids only know the new franchises. On top of that Zelda is a very pretty name and has nothing wrong with it.
Lets face it Video game characters have crappy names 90% of the time any way, and if anyone at school figures out you were named after one you would get picked on until you were out of college, hell I'm a nerd and if I figured out someones name was seporoth I would make fun of them. If you really want to name something in honor of a game name your pet.

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
Dont pay attention to LordNue, as long as it does not sound off or stupid, go for it.

I say "Guybrush"

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Don't name him anything outrageous though. if you do, you will set him up for failure.

Boy:

Ness
Poo ( ROFL)
Lucas
Crono
Magus
Auron
Tidus
Frank
Johnny
Yuri
Gepetto
Ken

Girl:

Shania
Marle
Lucca
Scyla
Ayla
Alice
Shuske

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
You do know your wife is going to end up naming your kid right? So much of this is totally pointless :p

OT: I like Leon for a boy, Ada for a girl :D

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Maibus said:
Arisato-kun said:
I don't know about you but my son will be named Isaac, in honor of this badass.

You would name your son after a chick with a dude's name? I'd name mine with some kind of Mandalorian word.
I'm guessing you've never played the greatest handheld RPG of all time. Am I right?

Wedlock49

May 5, 2010
mrpmpfan said:
I will give you all my last name so if you want to suggest full names (First Middle Last) that would be killer.

My last name is Smith...sadly I am not kidding.
Maybe you should take her name? :p

Or you could be really out there and change your childs last name to something other than yours as far as I'm aware that's perfectly legal.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I've mostly thought of girls names, so that's really all I can provide but I'm not revealing them as I want them for my child and my child only! You can't have them! Get away!

<__>

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
if it's a girl name her Bridget.
if it's a boy name him Bridget.
But in all seriousness I don't think video games are the best place to look for names, Though I've always been fond of Alyx for a girl and Gordon for a boy...

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
olendvcook said:
Jill
Chris
Leon
Wesker
Barry
Arthas
Uther
Goku
Gohan
Kane
You can do John and say you named him after Master Chief

Edit:
Kerrigan
Duran
Um, you don't want to name your kid Goku or Gohan if they are ever going to get near Japan. Goku means "rice" and Gohan means "meal". Likewise, Bulma is "Buruma" in the original japanese and means "bloomers" or "Underwear".

I'll make a bid for Viconia for a girl. Gil or Warrick for a boy (What, you've never played a CSI game?).