Video game related clothing

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
GethBall said:
I wouldnt want to wear any gaming related thing otherwise i'll look like this.

That's what I mean.

Which items of clothing do you think you could get away with.

Something that doesn't scream 'Hey, don't have sex with me'.

Because I think the N7 hoodie fills that role.
Wow its always nice to know that people are so insecure about their hobbies that they wont even wear a shirt related to a game. Why would you want to be with someone that materialistic anyways?

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
GethBall said:
I would have gotten a N7 hoodie but everyone would point it out cause it wouldnt be hipster enough. Plus it has a big N7 on it with a large red stripe down one side. Also if people ask about it, what would I say? It's to do with a sport? Maybe i'm just paranoid.
Maybe just a little paranoid :)

I splurged and bought a couple of things off the Bioware store, an N7 hoodie included. Oddly enough, I've gotten a couple of compliments about it from people who don't know anything about Mass Effect. I do always get the question about the ''N7'' though.

Usually I'll just be honest and say ''It's from a game.'' and that'll be the end of it. Sometimes I try to have fun with it. I'll say something like ''Wait, you haven't heard of N7? You should read a book.'' It's never resulted in a negative reaction though. I guess it's because it's just a simple design. A stripe, and number, and a letter.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
I think I've got too much game clothing, and I've only got an ApSci hoodie and a Mario Kart shirt.
>_>

and this.

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=P3417

aaaaaDisregard

Feb 16, 2010

Wearing these in the wrestling gym on the regular basis - wil be wearing them on the next bjj tournament too. Funny thing is one guy even cried out "Commander Shepard!" when he saw it:D

DeadYorick

Jan 13, 2011
Dfskelleton said:

I do have a coat that reminds me a lot of Phillip's from Penumbra, but it's green rather than pink. Of course, since it's just a normal (incredibly good looking) coat, nobody else thinks of it that way but me.
I also wear a Portal T-shirt occasionally.
Phillip's coat isnt pink it's white, the flare makes it look redder since its the only lightsource

Dec 14, 2009
Don Savik said:
Daystar Clarion said:
GethBall said:

That's what I mean.

Wow its always nice to know that people are so insecure about their hobbies that they wont even wear a shirt related to a game. Why would you want to be with someone that materialistic anyways?
Don't presume to judge me.

I'm engaged to the woman I've been in a relationship with since I was 15 years old, this has nothing to do with me being ashamed of my hobbie. I like stuff like Vergil's trenchcoat, but I also know that I could never pull it off. It's nothing to do with shame, it's about what I actually think I would look good wearing.

Say what you want, but outside cosplay environments, nobody looks good dressed like Cloud, or Squall or a myriad of other characters.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I came here to say that I WANT THE N7 HOODIE! But TC got there first.

I would wear the N7 hoodie and the only other game-related clothing piece I have is a white t-shirt with a black triforce on it.

So yeah, I would wear video-game clothes that only fans of said video-games would know what its from. I plan to get a black N7 hoodie one day.

EDIT: Goddam! It would cost $100 for me to get that hoodie from the Bioware store and shipped to Australia! That's too expensive for a hoodie...

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Don Savik said:
Daystar Clarion said:
GethBall said:

That's what I mean.

Don't presume to judge me.

I'm engaged to the woman I've been in a relationship with since I was 15 years old, this has nothing to do with me being ashamed of my hobbie. I like stuff like Vergil's trenchcoat, but I also know that I could never pull it off. It's nothing to do with shame, it's about what I actually think I would look good wearing.

Say what you want, but outside cosplay environments, nobody looks good dressed like Cloud, or Squall or a myriad of other characters.
Yea I wasnt really thinking about cosplay, I wasn't aware of what the OP meant by video game related clothing.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
I've owned a "Don't make me go Zelda on you." Shirt that has that quote and a bunch of 8 bit Zelda icons... swords and bombs and such.

Wife has owned a "Home is where the Hearthstone is." shirt from Jinx.

KaWaiiTSuKI

Feb 22, 2011
Considering I'm a girl, I can kinda get away with some silly game related stuff.
Dresses, skirts and whatnot seem to be something I can get away with and since I'm a size 2 it really helps get away with it.
I mostly wear hoodies though and I have this. It always seems to stand out in a good way where I get compliments on it from people who have no idea what it is.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm... I have an Escapist t-shirt, with: 'living life one experience point at a time' on the front! The Escapist logo is on the sleeve... it's a bit more obvious though!

I also have this:

My favourite tshirt I own... Not sure why it glows though... some of the glowing just doesn't make sense, but at least you get the word plasmid!

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
So yeah. This:

And I may have picked up one or two other pieces of gaming paraphenalia, since I'm also one of those horrible people who woks for a game publisher. ;)

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
I do have an infamous 2 t-shirt, sent by sucker punch because I participated in their fanart contest :3 http://yfrog.com/h28pddrj

Other than that, no :(

I WOULD KILL FOR ALEX MERCER'S JACKET !!

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
.No. said:
http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-hoodies/commander-shepard-full-zip-hoody
This. Do want.
I'm just $88 short.
Guess what I just bought. And two of them no less.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
.No. said:
http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-hoodies/commander-shepard-full-zip-hoody
This. Do want.
I'm just $88 short.
Guess what I just bought. And two of them no less.
That wasn't a dick move at all.
*cries at lack of disposable income

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
This one is pretty subtle... and takes a few moments for even the most avid gamer to get the joke! :p Problem is it probably looks a bit odd to non-gamers!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Only got one thing I'm afraid, somewhere in my closet.

A black t-shirt with orange print. 'Black Mesa Hazard Team' on the front and a big lambda on the back. Not official Half-Life merch. Got it for getting second place in a tournament a long time ago.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I don't really have any game shirts, except one that I got for the release of Halo 3, but I never wear it since it just doesn't look that great. Normally I go for band shirts, my favourite one being my Doors shirt. Though, I do have one for Terminator that I wear very often.

It's just awesome!