VIDEO GAME RESEARCH

drygwelski

May 28, 2011
USC graduate student studying video games. Please take this survey: https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Sa57demU7N6Vc8

It takes less than 10 minutes, no personal information required.

Rusty pumpkin

Sep 25, 2009
What's this about? The test was the most general questioning possible. I hope you're not doing this to prove a point.

Rusty pumpkin

Sep 25, 2009
What's the point of this test? The questions were as general as seemingly possible. If this is to prove something, I'd suggest some more specific questions.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Oh come on, you want me to list the games I've played.

As if I could possibly remember even half of the hundreds.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Does it mean list the games you played when you were growing up? Or all the games you've played up till now?

Either way it'll take more then 10 minutes.

edit: not taking the time to fill it out unless OP clarifies.

BlackIvory

May 2, 2011
I find the answers to "Did you parents support video games" lacking. Its basically they loved it or hated it. Theres no option for "they knew,wasn't a big deal/ didn't care that much about it" something along those lines.

Kevak

Sep 8, 2010
Many of the "Positive" things listed in the survey can be seen as negative, and many of the "Negative" things listed in the survey can be seen as positive, all you need is a hateful disposition on humanity in general (somewhere between chaotic evil and chaotic neutral for those nerds and geeks out there).

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Lukesf2 said:
Many of the "Positive" things listed in the survey can be seen as negative, and many of the "Negative" things listed in the survey can be seen as positive, all you need is a hateful disposition on humanity in general (somewhere between chaotic evil and chaotic neutral for those nerds and geeks out there).
Wrong.
Considering how horrible the human species is, hate of humanity is a good thing.

AnnaIME

Empress of Baked Goods
Dec 15, 2009
The questions weren't all answerable. Listing the computer games I have played the past 30 years? Even just the highlights would be impossible. And the question about what games my children play...

The questions are too vague, I can't see how the answers could tell anyone very much.