Video Game themed Drinking Games?

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Note: Put this in Off-topic, as I figured people would come here to talk about drinking, and Gaming to talk about specific games, mechanics, etc. If a mod feels it should be moved, feel free.

I for one love gaming themed drinking games as a combination of two of my favorite hobbies (another thing I greatly enjoy is smoking then going to fish, but thats a whole other thread...). I also find them vastly superior to movie drinking games, where you have very lettle control over how much you end up drinking.

So, fellow Escapists, I was wondering if the community knew of any gaming-themed drinking games they would like to share with the community.

My favorite:

"Drunk Driving"
Chug two beers
Start up Mario Cart
Play one circuit.
Every time you fall off the course, get hit with a shell, slide on a bannana, get zapped, etc., take a drink.
At the end of the race, if you're not in first, finish your beer.
Play all 4/5 races.

What are yours?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Slow motion melee shots.

High damage ratio, all items, slowmo mode and 30 lives in Super Smash Bros Melee.

Shot for every time you die. Lots of fun, only done it once though.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Slow motion melee shots.

High damage ratio, all items, slowmo mode and 30 lives in Super Smash Bros Melee.

30 shots?? Damn.... did you actually finish?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
almostgold said:
Redlin5 said:
Slow motion melee shots.

30 shots?? Damn.... did you actually finish?
Nah, we ended up crashing before the game ended. I was at a dozen I think. One friend ended up dying twenty or so times. It was a blast but we had been drinking before that...

Quite the fun morning >.>

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mario Party
Play with a group of four friends, set it to 50 turns, every time you lose at least 10 coins (this includes buying items and stars, but not red spaces.) take a shot.
Whoever's left conscious at the end wins.

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
Super Smash Brothers 5 lives each time you die you take a shot. If someone gets a homerun bat on you you are drinking 2. We usually play 2 or 3 games before the bars.

FFHAuthor

Aug 1, 2010
CoD at a LAN party, one drink every time you die, two drinks for every time you die from a team kill. Goes downhill FAST especially if friends want to 'speed you along' with friendly fire.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
i remeber me and a fw friends tried the dynasty warrior drinking game

1 person plays dynasty warriors

for every 10 kills the person gets take a shot

....we never did finished this one

Frasman

Aug 4, 2010
Bomberman....everytime you get blown up by your own bomb, ya take a shot.
Bonus points if you use the Sega Saturn version. 8 players FTW!

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Being 19, I don't have any drinking games of my own, but Wiki Game Guides sometimes come up with their own drinking games.

Tylmarande

Aug 28, 2010
Some of the healers in my Guild on World of Warcraft play a Drinking game in Heroics where whenever someone dies, they take a shot. I was the tank for the group and I killed us all about 5 times.

25 Shots ftw!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fighting games!

Every time you lost, YOUR OPPONENT takes a drink. (Especially funny if you begin to throw the game a bit when he's too drunk to notice.)

Mettking

Mar 17, 2011
Duck Hunt drinking game:

Every duck you miss, you take a shot. Go until game over. You should live through this. Lightweights play one duck, men play 2 ducks, insane play clay pidgon.

Always a classic. More likely to live through then the fanfic game. Can carry into Hogan's alley and call shots per miss earned. Most should pass out on the tenth miss.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I got one. Take a shot for every count of Engrish in the Hong Kong level of Deus Ex.

Hard Mode: 2 shots during the scenes with Maggie Chow.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Super Drunken And Ghosts

Start up Super ghouls and ghosts. Every time arthur dies, everyone does a shot.

lozfoe444

Aug 26, 2009
Fun Times.
Turn on Sonic Unleashed. Play a day stage. Take a drink everytime Sonic says "WOO!"

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
play Battle Toads/Contra (I think any)
take a shot every time you die
HL2:
play a urban stage where you get help from rebels
take a shot every time they block a exit and you need to push them away.

thejdcole

Nov 13, 2008
rockband/guitar hero drinking game... everyone plays a song... with lefty flip. The less stars you get the more shots you do and if you fail its a dirty pint for you