Video Game Vampire Discussion Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This thread is dedicated to games in involving vampires. Be they playable, the antagonists, your favorite games, or games you even dislike.

Evil West is my recent favorite, because of the unique take on vampires you're fighting. Some of the enemies aren't full vampires at in-between states, or experiments gone wrong. Then you got some that there are not traditional vampires. Plus, it's just fun fighting and killing them.

Onechabara Z2: Chaos, I love because 2 out of 4 pair of sisters you play as, are Damphirs. Kagura being my favorite of the group. She's basically DMC3 Dante, but somewhat more arrogant than him. Castlevania is another series I favor, but it usually boils down to mainly the Classicvania style of play. I would add Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain to my list, but I have not touched any of those games in decades. I do know the first Soul Reaver has not aged well in terms of gameplay. Bloodrayne I never really played, aside from that XBLA game that plays like a cross between Castlevania and DMC. Fun game, and it got a re-release last year.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Does Hino-Enma from Nioh count? That fucking bat-lady nearly drove me to tear my hair out. She's at least vampire-adjacent.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Full stop.

It's cup runneth over with vampires. Every kind of vampire you could ever want. Scheming aristocrat type vampires? Yes. Count Orlock monstrous type vampires? Yes. Batshit cloudcuckoolander vampires? Yes. Hoity toity diva vampires? Yes. Blood wizard vampires? Yes. Vampires of the sexy librarian and sexy schoolgirl/modern Harley Quinn look long before Harley Quinn started doing it variety? Yes.

Only bad part is getting the game to behave.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Bloody cool thread.

Something I didn’t know -
Jack Landy 7 months ago
The fact that he doesn't die in the sunlight is accurate because in Bram Stoker's Dracula (which Nosferatu is based on), Dracula doesn't die in sunlight but he does lose all of supernatural powers and has to walk around as a normal man.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyone remember Redfall? The game that's Left 4 Dead, but with vampires. Apparently, that's not the case according to Arkane Studios. I'll believe it when I see it. If it's more like Far Cry, than I am even less interested in the game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's literally just called "dark"
It wouldn't kill you to leave a picture of the box art or a video clip. I can only assume you're talking about the Dark (2013). Otherwise, I am not going crazy with the Google search.

Other vampire gaming news, I got Castlevania Requiem Collection (PS4) on disc. The one that comes with Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
177,983 reviews and 98% Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam. But perhaps the best part is it’s only $5. At full price.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
How are we this deep into a topic about game vampires and I've seen no mention of castlevania?

SotN hit when I was like 9, and it's one of my formative games. Still stands proud to this day. Alucard is the best game vampire easily, and there is some tough competition out there.

Honorable mention to Valvatorez from Disgaea 4 and Dimitri Maximoff from Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior, both of em are bros.

Also anyone remember the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games? Now if there's a series that could use a reboot this is the one lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How are we this deep into a topic about game vampires and I've seen no mention of castlevania?
I did mention Castlevania, if you go back to my first post. I do prefer the Classicvanias over the Metroidvanias. Symphony of the Night is still a great game, but it's one I don't go back to much as I'm not a huge fan of the genre.
Also anyone remember the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games? Now if there's a series that could use a reboot this is the one lol.
I gave them a brief mention as well, but I don't remember much about them anymore. I do know that Soul Reaver has not aged well in terms of gameplay. The closest thing to a modern Soul Reaver or Legacy Of Kain, are the Darksiders games. Especially the first two games.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, yeah. The worldbuilding and setting of that game just works.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I did mention Castlevania, if you go back to my first post. I do prefer the Classicvanias over the Metroidvanias. Symphony of the Night is still a great game, but it's one I don't go back to much as I'm not a huge fan of the genre.

I gave them a brief mention as well, but I don't remember much about them anymore. I do know that Soul Reaver has not aged well in terms of gameplay. The closest thing to a modern Soul Reaver or Legacy Of Kain, are the Darksiders games. Especially the first two games.
The ps1 soul reaver games were pretty old school and while not exactly zelda-ish they had some of that adventuring thing, Eidos made em so some tomb rider DNA went through.

However there was this one ps2 game, Defiance, where you played as Kain and Raziel both, and that one I think was pretty great gameplay-wise. Closer to DMC than Zelda.