Video Games/Genres that you love..but you suck at them

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I really like RTS games, especially base building ones but I really suck at them for the most part, I still enjoy their singleplayer but I am not that great in multiplayer or hard mode.

Also fighting games or to be specific Blazblue. I really like Blazblue but I am not a fan of fighting games so I suck at it.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Racing sims like Grid are the only racing games I still play from time to time and I'm horrible at them.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
All of them. :p

In all seriousness, RTS's, fighting games, and racing games would all qualify.

I have the same problem in RTS's that I do when playing Risk, which is that I always immediately go on the offensive and I never accept help.

Fighting games are pretty cool but they always revert to me button-mashing.

I used to be somewhat good at racing games, but I didn't play them for a while and now I'm utter crap at them. Still love them, though.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Tanis said:
Shoot-Em-Ups

I love the HELL out of games like Nanostray 2, Contra, and R-Type...but I just REALLY REALLY suck at them.
Doesn't mean I don't play them, just means I tend to do it on the lowest difficulty.
This is what I was going to post pretty much word for word

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
Mainly fighting games.

I can UNDERSTAND a good portion of higher-level play, but I'm absolutely crap at actually IMPLEMENTING it. I mostly just mash buttons and hope for the best. The only fighting game I've ever been decent at was Super Smash Bros Brawl, a game of... dubious fighting game status.

Other than that, I suck at RTS, but the only one I really like is Starcraft. Not even that huge of a fan of Warcraft (not counting WoW).
This. So much this.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is partially involved here, but mostly Blazblue, I can never seem to muster up the skill to pull off working combos, reliably use the specials (even on the easy characters like Ragna, Jin or Noel).

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Survival Horror.

I love Survival horror games, from Dead Space to Amnesia, Resident Evil to Silent Hill, but I suck at them. In the majority of survival horror games I have either low health, no ammo, or both... For example Final Boss in Resi 6's Chris Campaign, I spent 80% of the fight looking for ammo while Peirs did all the fighting...

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
RTS's like rome:total are interesting but its a steep learning cliff that one day i want climb... also i love old school survival horror but i was never actually much good at solving puzzles, and then getting lost.

captcha: steam punk

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
For me it's Stealth games. I loved Splinter Cell Conviction, but I was oh so bad at it XD;; I feel the same about Dishonored right now, seeing as I am trying to beat it by killing no one, so it helps me practice stealth.

sonofliber

Mar 8, 2010
none, if you want to get really technical, TBS (some not all of them) since i lack the patient to play them

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Fighting games. The only one I'm generally good at is Mortal Kombat, and it's not hard to be good at Mortal Kombat. Especially when your favorite character is Scorpion.

zoharknight

Sep 10, 2008
For me, fighting games. Never been good at em but i still buy them. Love blazblues style but im really no good at it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
None, truth be told.

I am bad at sports and fighting games, but I have never enjoyed either of them really. The former due to my lack of interest in sports in real life, the latter because beyond arcades or similar, I can't see the appeal in them, they are repetitive while having no story, atmosphere or characterisation.

Sarah Kerrigan said:
I feel the same about Dishonored right now, seeing as I am trying to beat it by killing no one, so it helps me practice stealth.
To be fair, the stealth mechanics in Dishonored are not particularly well polished. You can avoid being spotted in extremely obvious places, and yet you can be heard from half a mile away it seems.

Plus it has that really irritating mechanic where as soon as one guard spots you, they all magically know where you are instantly, even the ones who weren't even nearby.

I am currently trying to go through a pacifist play through as well. I am admittedly getting better at it, but there are some key moments where not killing anybody and being stealthy are borderline impossible.