Video Reveals New Gun-Toting Arkham City Villain

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
alrekr said:
kane.malakos said:
Ah, Deadshot, the poor mans Deathstroke...
Who in turn is a boring mans DeadPool.
Deathstroke came first. Deadpool was originally Rob Liefeld's shameless rip-off of Deathstroke. He barely even changed the name from "Slade Wilson" to "Wade Wilson".

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
Deadshot came first, appearing in the 1950's.
Then Deathstroke came in the 1980's.
Finally, Deadpool came in 1991.

Deathstroke is essentially what you'd get if you combined Deadshot with the super soldier serum of Captain America.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
kane.malakos said:
This! A hundred times this...

Dapper Ninja said:
Deathstroke came first. Deadpool was originally Rob Liefeld's shameless rip-off of Deathstroke. He barely even changed the name from "Slade Wilson" to "Wade Wilson".
Still. Like Dan Hibiki being a rip-off of Ryo Sakazaki. Deadpool is still more fun than Deathstroke.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
"We have ran out of superpowers so how about a guy with a gun?"

Is it bad that the only Batman universe stuff I know is the films with Patrick Bateman/Batman and Adam West? I played Akham Aaylem and completed the emtire thing if it's anything like that it'll be a sucess but it NEEDS Shark Spray as a plot point

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Dapper Ninja said:
alrekr said:
kane.malakos said:
Hence why I said boring; Deadpool was meant to be at first a obivious rip-off (heck even his costume was desgined as a rip from spidey's to maximise confusion between the two). However Deadpool became something superior via the absence of the fouth wall. The Deathstroke even had a one off cross over with Deadpool.

Father Tunde

Dec 8, 2010
alrekr said:
(Also doesn't Deadshot sort of remind you of Bullseye; you know the how whole super accurate thing)
Nope; Deadshot first appeared in June 1950, whereas Bullseye first appeared in 1976. Bullseye reminds me of Deadshot.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
alrekr said:
kane.malakos said:

(Also doesn't Deadshot sort of remind you of Bullseye; you know the how whole super accurate thing)
Oh you mean Hawkeye....:O HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN DOING THIS?!

Bosque

Mar 5, 2011
ps. Way to go on tossing away some free press Viacom. At least you took it down from a sight populated solely by the exact demographic that would buy your game.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
bahumat42 said:
SilverUchiha said:
It's actually quite amazing to see just how many villains Rocksteady has crammed into Arkham City. There surely can't be too many more to unveil, although with such stalwarts as Clock King, Egghead, and the Royal Flush Gang still unaccounted for, there may be more surprises in store.
I still haven't heard whether we'll see a repeat performance from Scarecrow. I REALLY hope he returns for round two in this game because his sections were some of the most fun from the first game. :D
he got eaten remember, he's unlikely to be back.
i don't think we never saw him 'dead' for all we know croc saved him from drowning by munching him and spat him out later
dc especially have pulled stunts like that in the past, i wouldn't put it past them

personally i hope we don't get more crow action it was a very easy generic 2.5d puzzle
i'd prefer a fully fledged boss battle than segments of crazy, just my op ofc.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
It's great news that another long-time villain is going to play a part in Arkham City, though in response to those above me there was a video released recently where Paul Crocker stated that there wouldn't be any of the hallucination levels in Arkham City, they wanted to do something else. Now that doesn't mean Scarecrow won't show up, but it sounds as though if he does they have different plans for him.

link for vid: http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5224

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
bahumat42 said:
SilverUchiha said:
It's actually quite amazing to see just how many villains Rocksteady has crammed into Arkham City. There surely can't be too many more to unveil, although with such stalwarts as Clock King, Egghead, and the Royal Flush Gang still unaccounted for, there may be more surprises in store.
I still haven't heard whether we'll see a repeat performance from Scarecrow. I REALLY hope he returns for round two in this game because his sections were some of the most fun from the first game. :D
he got eaten remember, he's unlikely to be back.
But in one of the three alternate endings to the game (where either Croc, Crow, or Bane grabbed the Toxin case in water) Scarecrow was alive. Besides, why would anyone canonically kill a Batman villain? Especially a good one like Scarecrow.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
EHKOS said:
alrekr said:
kane.malakos said:

Oh you mean Hawkeye....:O HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN DOING THIS?!
Well wasn't Green Arrow just a rip-off Batman, and "ripped off" by Hawkeye? Seriously, there is a comic with Batman and Arrow where he says that he has an Arrow Car, Arrow Signal, and an Arrow Cave and Batman criticizes him for lack of originality. :D

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'm very excited about this announcement, as it guarantees a whole sideplot for Batman to play supersleuth in (which is much more appealing than the combat side of the character). However, now that I've seen pictures... what the hell, Rocksteady? How could anyone fuck up this badly when it comes to Deadshot's look? That Gotham Knight thing was already an affront, but this... this is sad. Really.

Captcha: Srs Bruce... damn, Captcha is watching!! :O