Videogame FML's

Sarpedon

Feb 9, 2011
Okay, Escapist. Let's hear some of the FML's you've experienced in videogames. Or FML's you think your favorite videogame characters would have. Go!

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Ehhhhh, the worst i can think of off the top of my head are the times i die or crash in an RPG and realize the last time i saved was 5 hours ago. Or i did save, but the save file is corrupted.

Pistachio101

Mar 1, 2011
FML stands for 'Fuck My Life'. Generally people say it when something bad happens in their life (or in videogames in this case)

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Similar to the second post; my memory card getting erased and having to go from the end of disc 3 all the way back to outside Midgar in disc 1 of FF7.

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
1. Find an awesome TF2 server.
2. Play for some time, have fun.
3. Suddenly get owned every second by this random guy.
4. Discover that the server has a premium option.
5. *Remove from favorite server list*

"FML..."

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Today, I realised that I'd rather have romanced the Mako than anyone/thing else in Mass Effect 1. This is not an insult to the Mako. FML

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
TriggerHappyAngel said:
1. Find an awesome TF2 server.
2. Play for some time, have fun.
3. Suddenly get owned every second by this random guy.
4. Discover that the server has a premium option.
5. *Remove from favorite server list*

"FML..."
I hate that so much, especially the ones that let engineers fly and have 3+ turrets.
Its just not cricket :mad:

Anyway, for me it generally occurs in X-com, when the guy i have entrusted with the autocannon reaction fires, automatic rate, into a wall with explosive ammo and wipes out half my squad.

Or muton alien bases, where i get wiped by a blaster launcher on turn 2.

X-Com is full of FML moments. That's why its so good :D

Spandexpanda

Mar 16, 2011
Usually in space sims, or RTSs like tiberian sun or something similar, with no autosave, and ridiculously long missions or chains of missions. If you fail, and don't save, you're returned to the beginning of everything. FML

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Playing Soraka in league of legends (a healer/support) I misclicked and threw a team fight by healing a minion instead of our carry, FML. Luckily it was just a troll game with friends so I didn't get flamed for it.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Pretty much every time I died in Demon's Souls or Super Meat Boy.

Particularly in Demon's Souls, when in my attempts to dodge black phantom Ostrava, I rolled right off a cliff to my death.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
You just got [new, powerful equipment that you don't know how to use]!

TRIAL BY FIRE TIME! SINK OR SWIM - DO A HARD THING WITH IT OR NEVER PASS THIS POINT.

:mad:

Oh, and another one...

"Oh, there's the final boss! Okay, I can do this, I-... and there's his health bar. Not too bad, I can stil- oh, there's the other one. And another one. And... WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-"

*smash'd*

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Today, I realised that I'd rather have romanced the Mako than anyone/thing else in Mass Effect 1. This is not an insult to the Mako. FML
Not even Joker.. D: ;)

Fought the final boss in mass effect 2 on insanity get him to 1% about to take final shot...power cut FML.