Virtual Typewriter Monkeys Pen Complete Works of Shakespeare (Almost)

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
ryo02 said:
ryo02 said:
who care anout shakespear thats allready been written we dont need it writing again by virtual monkies.
I think one of the monkeys has escaped.
I didnt mean I dont care about shakesspear I meant we allready have it its a good thing but it doesnt need writing again since shakespear allready did it the first time get it?.
You're missing the point. Shakespeare is only the benchmark. The chance of them re-creating the work is tiny...but if they can...they can also create work AS GOOD AS Shakespeare - without any of the skill - simply by millions of attempts.
did I not mention the potential for original works in my first post? and that looking for those should be the whole point?.

Feb 13, 2008
ryo02 said:
ryo02 said:
ryo02 said:
who care anout shakespear thats allready been written we dont need it writing again by virtual monkies.
I think one of the monkeys has escaped.
I didnt mean I dont care about shakesspear I meant we allready have it its a good thing but it doesnt need writing again since shakespear allready did it the first time get it?.
You're missing the point. Shakespeare is only the benchmark. The chance of them re-creating the work is tiny...but if they can...they can also create work AS GOOD AS Shakespeare - without any of the skill - simply by millions of attempts.
did I not mention the potential for original works in my first post? and that looking for those should be the whole point?.
But they don't know if it's possible. That's why setting a benchmark (the Works of Shakespeare) is important - because it's much easier to search for that than read through every word ever created looking for "something good".