Vita Mark II

Busard

Nov 17, 2009
Dr.Susse said:
Does no one like the vita?

Nah I understand the teasing and what's wrong with it. I'm still hopeful that it'll turn around and have a good run and for me it already has. (Where I live we didn't really get much Psp games and I missed a lot of really good Ps1 stuff so as a retro man I'm happy with the vita)

THIS IS A JOKE: And being a fanboy I forgot to say that Grey should get a job at Kotaku; His writing would really be appreciated there.
I like cracking jokes at vita, as I own one myself. Although I don't regret having one. Soul Sacrifice, Tear away, Ys and VK3 coming this year is enough to make me a happy person (plus with probably some ports i'll still be able to enjoy, and I still have to explore some ps1 and psp games)

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Busard said:
Dr.Susse said:
Does no one like the vita?

Nah I understand the teasing and what's wrong with it. I'm still hopeful that it'll turn around and have a good run and for me it already has. (Where I live we didn't really get much Psp games and I missed a lot of really good Ps1 stuff so as a retro man I'm happy with the vita)

THIS IS A JOKE: And being a fanboy I forgot to say that Grey should get a job at Kotaku; His writing would really be appreciated there.
I like cracking jokes at vita, as I own one myself. Although I don't regret having one. Soul Sacrifice, Tear away, Ys and VK3 coming this year is enough to make me a happy person (plus with probably some ports i'll still be able to enjoy, and I still have to explore some ps1 and psp games)
There certainly are a lot of Ps1 and psp stuff to get through; the Ys game should be good too.

We finally got Ys 7 on the Australian Psn the other day so I can get into ys games for the first time now.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
So I assume those chains in the last panel are Sony proprietary and ridiculously expensive.

Phoenix8541

No Regrets
Sep 10, 2012
this reminds me of the classic saying " oh ! everyone will love this!" lol great representation of how we all wait with baited breath for news and information just to think " Seriously?"

FYI I Am Some Guy

Aug 24, 2010
oldtaku said:
So I assume those chains in the last panel are Sony proprietary and ridiculously expensive.
They're also proprietary chains, meant only for use on Sony hardware and software. Using them without such usually sends people into a state of dementia worse than death. DRM these days.
[sub][sup]Please note that the contents of this comment are a joke. Please do not start a DRM-related flamewar, due to the risk of black plaque and whining.[/sup][/sub]

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Frankly, I would totally buy this. Just for the sake of having it.

Also, it's disappointing to see how many people missed what this was a reference to.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
That really awkward moment where I haven't even SEEN "Hellraiser", but I still get the reference just fine.

Was the Vita really that painful? I thought people liked it.

Bujiraso

Feb 12, 2011
I didn't get the reference at all. But then I came here and everybody was quite helpful.
thanks, posters.

Also, the whole Hellraiser scene didn't bother me much, I'm alright with that sort of thing; *however*, lacktheknack's avatar (post above mine, page 2) *is* scaring the living heck out of me. I can't stop staring at it : |

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I involuntarily screamed as soon as i saw that damn cube. Having it produced by Sony now just made it 300% more Satan.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Renegade-pizza said:
I take it this is a Silent Hill reference...Holy hell that was messed up!
That iconography must have some older origin. I recognize it as the interpretation of Hell from the TV show 'Supernatural' as well.

Biodeamon said:
I involuntarily screamed as soon as i saw that damn cube. Having it produced by Sony now just made it 300% more Satan.
-nic. The adjective is Satanic. Now, I know we're talking about ritualistic symbolism concerning the manifestation of evil and I appreciate the gravity of that subject matter, but that is still no excuse for lax grammar.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
I hope that it's because people on this forum largely don't like horror films and less about me being old and remembering good, classic horror films (in which case, "you damn kids with your Saws and your Final Destinations!"). While the exact jab the writers were going for may not be 100% clear...the Hellraiser reference is.

I gotta shake my head in disappointment for five minutes.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Farther than stars said:
Renegade-pizza said:
I take it this is a Silent Hill reference...Holy hell that was messed up!
That iconography must have some older origin. I recognize it as the interpretation of Hell from the TV show 'Supernatural' as well.

Biodeamon said:
-nic. The adjective is Satanic. Now, I know we're talking about ritualistic symbolism concerning the manifestation of evil and I appreciate the gravity of that subject matter, but that is still no excuse for lacks grammar.
I think you mean lax grammar. Also, it's Hellraiser. You kids these days.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
The reference to the babble the dudes were speaking at the conference made me laugh more than the final joke :p

It was like they were just making words up at one point.

nexus

May 30, 2012
Wow guys, not having seen Hellraiser isn't that big of a deal. It's a pretty terrible franchise.. yesteryear's "Saw". The first film was decent as a concept, but it was just torture-gore stuff. Definitely terrifying, as a concept, rather I'd just read a story for that. As a film franchise though? Eh.

If you haven't seen it, you definitely don't need to shred your nerd/geek/dork credentials, is what I'm trying to say.