Voices you can listen to for long periods of time.

mrjoe94

Sep 28, 2009
I was thinking about this recently and there's a few people who's voices I can just listen to without getting annoyed.

Morgan Freeman
Stephen Fry
Ben Croshaw/Yahtzee when he talks normally
Crispin Freeman (Voice Actor in various anime and video games)

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
I must admit I have a major mancrush on Liam O'Brien's voice, even when its random soldier #434 or Asura, if hes in it, it gets ten times more awesome for me.

The guy really knows how to deliver a menacingly badass voice if needed and he's surprisingly good as a sarcastic douche too, if you look at his work in Nier.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Oh, I'm with you regarding Stephen Fry, love the man!

As for any others... the chaps from Anime & Haruhi usergroups will find this predictable but: Miyuki Sawashiro; Kana Hanazawa; Ryoko Shiraishi; & Yuu Asakawa (thank you Drow, very-a-much). Especially the first mentioned seiyuu, her sultry voice is pure eargasm... =.=

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Morgan Freeman I agree.
Tony Jay.
Freddie Mercury.
I don't have problems with many voices actually. Only high pitched ones, like some movie dubs. I am looking at you Ong Bak, making my ears bleed.

Wickatricka

Aug 26, 2011
Have no idea why but this guy has always made good videos to listen too. Older stuff is a lot better though. http://www.youtube.com/user/SLAPPAYURFACE

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Carl Sagan (Always educational AND inspirational)
Maybe Liam Neeson...

Oh, and not to forget: Christopher Lee I LOVE his monologue in Last Unicorn as King Haggard, for example.

Resetti's_Replicas

Jan 18, 2010
The Retsuprae guys Slowbeef and Diabeetus, not just for the voices but because they extensive knowledge and interesting things to say about so many topics.

FimFlamFilosophy for the same reasons.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Brandon Jones from Gametrailers.com. Listening to his voice for the Zelda and Kingdom Hearts timelines for over 45 minutes is a real treat.

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
Mariah Carey. I can go on for weeks and weeks having listened to no other artist. Most beautiful voice ever.

superpandasauras

Mar 9, 2012
Hero of Lime said:
Brandon Jones from Gametrailers.com. Listening to his voice for the Zelda and Kingdom Hearts timelines for over 45 minutes is a real treat.
I'd have to agree.
I also enjoy listening to Foxsundance. http://www.youtube.com/user/foxsundance
He does a lot of Kingdom Hearts games( see, two of them multiple times) and other things, like Pokemon.
Another great voice is William Strife. http://www.youtube.com/user/Linkthe1st
He tends to do Fallout videos.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Oh, I'm with you regarding Stephen Fry, love the man!

As for any others... the chaps from Anime & Haruhi usergroups will find this predictable but: Miyuki Sawashiro; Kana Hanazawa; Ryoko Shiraishi; & Yuu Asakawa (thank you Drow, very-a-much). Especially the first mentioned seiyuu, her sultry voice is pure eargasm... =.=
You are forgetting the great Norio Wakamoto. :p

Hmm, Mike Rowe has a great speaking voice.
Frank Welker when he's talking normally.
Brian Blessed depending on what he's saying and how chill he is at the time.
Leonard Nimoy

That's all I've got for now.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen
Christopher Lee

And of course Stephen Fry. I have a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy audiobook read by him. It's a joy to listen to. The man has great comedic timing.

I also rather like Noah Antwiler aka Spoony. He doesn't really have a nice voice, but he's really good at what he does so he always has something interesting or funny to say during his many long rants. Sometimes I don't watch the video, I just listen to him rant.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009

other than that? Well there are a lot of other voices really. I prefer (but can't remember any at the moment) voices that are calm, soft and put you in a mood of relaxation.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
I'm going to have to disagree with most of the choices that everyone presents here with. Even though I like most of the voices(I would say that they are heaven to listen to), I cannot for the life of me listen to them for long periods of times(which is what this thread is asking about after all), due to the accidental sleep in my case of listening to extremely relaxing and soothing voices.

As I try to think of one voice I can listen to without falling asleep, nothing springs to my mind....Ohh! A thought just occurred.

Týr, the lead vocals from the Viking themed Metal band, Týr. These guys can keep my attention with their absolute amazing voice without getting bored or falling asleep.

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
[a href="http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Maechen"]Maechen[/a], the scholarly guy from FFX (and X-2 I think). The voice actor was a fellow named Dwight Schultz who's done a few other stuff but he rarely uses that sexy voice, as far as I know.

Here's a sample (skip to 4:30):
I can't tell you how much I looked forward to encountering him throughout the game - and listening to him was the only time I paid attention to most of the lore.

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
Whoever did the narration for Dragon's Crown, and my boyfriend. Which is why he's a good Let's Player to the people who follow him- interesting anecdotes, multitasking, and a soothing, unremarkable yet seductive voice you can listen to for long periods of time. And further, I'd say, that's one of the most important components for a good LPer- a bad voice can ruin a great LP or save a mediocre one.