Volcanoes Seem To Be Slowing Global Warming

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
Oh, god. Now they're flailing around to find excuses why global warming isn't happening.
If scientists in academia got paid a decent wage they wouldn't be such whores to whoever is buying the results.

Just because global warming is a hoax doesn't mean we don't need to pollute less. It's just harder for politicians to strike enough fear without it.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Oh Wow! Really!? This is something I've known for just about a decade now - It's called global dimming. Fun fact kids, It's something along the lines of the nuclear winter theory.

Global dimming has said to be responsible for the Sahel drought since the 1980s.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
http://www.climos.com/news/articles/candr.htm

Using manufactured volcanic gases as a solution to climate change has been discussed for years now.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ah, nothing greater than a short term solution with long term consequences. time to invoke the yellowstone card!

neonit said:
I've always wondered why people worry about global warming, what at any given time, human race can play its trap card and invoke nuclear winter.
yep, if there arent any people left there wont be anyone to worry about global warming.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
This is not a new information. Sulfur from volcanic eruption cool the atmosphere. Too bad SO[sub]2[/sub] is a pollutant.

JazzJack2

Feb 10, 2013
DoctorM said:
Oh, god. Now they're flailing around to find excuses why global warming isn't happening.
If scientists in academia got paid a decent wage they wouldn't be such whores to whoever is buying the results.

Just because global warming is a hoax doesn't mean we don't need to pollute less. It's just harder for politicians to strike enough fear without it.
Oh look someone who doesn't understand the scientific method trying to dismiss the work of qualified professionals with his own ignornace, I was wondering how long it would take for denialists to turn up.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Nature fixes our screw-ups, who knew.

Next we'll learn the sky is blue or some nonsense like that.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
On the one hand, that's neet. On the other, some people don't need any more excuses for actively behaving like we don't have to pay any heed to what we do.

I went to a cafe for lunch the other day. An hour lunch. On the way, I walked past a lady sitting in her Hummer with the engine running reading the paper. When I left, she was still there, with her engine still running, still reading the paper... It was not unpleasant out; the temp was a comfortable 55 F and she had a coat - so heat in the car wasn't needed... I see stuff like this all the time. Even if she thinks it doesn't matter, she's wasting money and resources. People like this will cut off their nose to spite their face.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Lagslayer said:
Oh, sure. Nature spits all this smoke, ash, and gasses into the atmosphere and it cools the planet off. We do it, and it makes it hotter.
flarty said:
Why don't you read into the science behind it?
DoctorM said:

JazzJack2 said:
Oh look someone who doesn't understand the scientific method trying to dismiss the work of qualified professionals with his own ignornace, I was wondering how long it would take for denialists to turn up.
oh look, people going back and forth again.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
No triggering super-volcanoes? Aw... -_-

But what about deliberately starting a nuclear winter? We can do that one, right? RIGHT!?

XD

This stuff always has been a bit amusing from certain angles...
You can never quite be sure what will heat up, and what will cool the planet. (Neither is good in isolation, it's all about balance...)

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I think that's the way the Dinosaur TV series ended. They triggered all the volcanoes and caused the Ice Age.