Wait...it's worth how much?!

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Prototype was worth about $15 and Farcry 2 $9.

Keep in mind this is Australian pricing: where we pay up to $115 for a new Xbox 360 game.

Which doesn't make sense, since American new release xbox games sell for roughly $55 which by today's exchange rate is $61 Australian.

Why are we being so ripped off?! If an American wanted to by a new Australian game they would have to pay up to $103 US.

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
My copy of Defender (a game my friend through in for free when he gave me his PS2) netted me...get ready for it...60 cents.

I'm dead serious.

Man, Gamestop has lousy trade in values.

keillord

Feb 10, 2010
I remember once that my friend got $12 for his old ps1 xenogears game, two days later it was selling for $45, that was the last time we ever traded with gamestop.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Pfft... trade in games??? Get with the times and ebay them. Win win for both seller and buyer.

B4D 9R4MM3R

May 15, 2008
Quad08 said:
So I went to buy the new Ace Attorney game yesterday and since I'm a poor university student, I only had about 25 dollars on me for a $34 game, so I figured I'd trade in a few titles I didn't play anymore.

So, I tossed a bunch of old games into a bag and went to the store. Turns out EB Games/Gamestop has a new trade policy where you can only trade in one game per one game you buy, so my bag of games was now worthless as a whole unless I bought six new games for the six games i had in my bag.

So I asked the guy to just scan in all the games and take the one that was worth the most. To my surprise, it was Harvest Moon DS, which dropped the price of the game to $19 exactly, beating out both Bioshock and COD: World At War in terms of value.

Now, my question is, have you ever gone to trade in a game and have been surprised at how much it was worth? If so, what game was it and was it a good or bad thing?

Oh, and this applies if the game you were trading in was worth more than you expected or if it was worth less than you expected.
Objection! ... That was... Objectionable!

Seriously though, I've never bothered trading in in stores. I always go for Ebay and the like; cut out the middle man.

Zedzero

Feb 19, 2009
I don't botther because I only get a few bucks in return, so i'm gunna ski shoot them.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Ghostwise said:
Quad08 said:
So I went to buy the new Ace Attorney game yesterday and since I'm a poor university student, I only had about 25 dollars on me for a $34 game, so I figured I'd trade in a few titles I didn't play anymore.

So, I tossed a bunch of old games into a bag and went to the store. Turns out EB Games/Gamestop has a new trade policy where you can only trade in one game per one game you buy, so my bag of games was now worthless as a whole unless I bought six new games for the six games i had in my bag.

So I asked the guy to just scan in all the games and take the one that was worth the most. To my surprise, it was Harvest Moon DS, which dropped the price of the game to $19 exactly, beating out both Bioshock and COD: World At War in terms of value.

Now, my question is, have you ever gone to trade in a game and have been surprised at how much it was worth? If so, what game was it and was it a good or bad thing?

Oh, and this applies if the game you were trading in was worth more than you expected or if it was worth less than you expected.
What? When did they start this new policy? I just traded in a grip of games less than a month ago and their website has trade in deals. Trade in 4 games get 25 dollars extra, etc ,etc.

I think those guys just didn't want your bag of shitty games lol.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/
Haha I would normally agree, except for the fact that I personally know everyone who works there.

Perhaps its just a Canada only thing?