''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

shadyh8er

New member
Apr 28, 2010
1,778
0
0
What do Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, and Sylvester the Cat have in common?

Mel Blanc voiced ALL OF THEM.
 

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
20,796
34
23
Country
United States


And people say he only has that one voice.
 

AlbertoDeSanta

New member
Sep 19, 2012
298
0
0
Not sure if it's been said, and I'm NOT looking through 6 pages, but Viridi from Kid Icarus: Uprising has the same voice actress as Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time.
 

drh1975

New member
Dec 8, 2010
168
0
0
I just found out that Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario) also voiced Paarthurnax in Skyrim.
 

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
3,838
0
0
Certinally not Liam O'Brien. He seems to only use one voice, and I hate it. Fits well on War in Darksiders, but I guess it's because it was the first game I noticed his voice in. Might be because the voice is very unique and hard to change... Though I'm sure someone will correct me soon. ;)

John DiMaggio would be my nominee. Apart from O'Brien he's pretty much the only voice actor I'm aware of, and I only know Bender and Fenix from his work, however I wouldn't have guessed it was the same guy.
 

CMDDarkblade

New member
Jun 14, 2010
85
0
0
IllumInaTIma said:
For anyone who really likes voice actors, I'd advice listening to "Allworknoplay" podcast hosted by Liam O'Brien (voice of Akihiko Sanada from Persona) and Sam Riegel (voice of Teddie). Granted, there are only 4 episodes available and they go for less than an hour each, but they are quite entertaining. In episode 3 they play recording of their DnD game session with a bunch of other VAs, including Laura Bailey, and episode 4 is recorded in Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's (voice of Naoto) hot tub.
Thanks for posting that; I didn't know about that. If I may piggyback on your post. Some VAs at Funimation have been making a podcast for the last couple years called "That Anime Show" hosted by J. Michael Tatum and Terri Doty. They usually have a guest with them for each episode such as fellow VAs and other people at Funimation. The episodes are hilarious and a lot of fun to listen to. Most episodes start out with them talking about random but awesome stuff for about an hour then they take a break. The second part has them answering questions they received from Twitter, Facebook, etc. and both the questions and the answers are interesting and enjoyable.

If you would like to hear about the lives of some prolific voice actors outside of the booth, then I'd suggest giving these podcasts a try.
 

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
303
0
0
When I found out that John De Lancie, a.k.a. Q from Star Trek, voiced Discord on MLP:FiM my mind was blown.

Which is actually kind of funny, seeing as Discord and Q pretty much have the exact same personality, and are both reality-altering beings of chaos.
 

waj9876

New member
Jan 14, 2012
600
0
0
The Ice King/Simon Petrikov is voiced by the same guy who voiced Spongebob. Also he voiced the announcer in the Power Puff Girls. And a TON more stuff.
 

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
13,308
2,299
118
Gender
Whatever, just wash your hands.
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
I still couldn't hear it even after someone told me.
Only when Marcus really yells do I start to hear it.
He also voiced the Great and Powerful Trixie from MLP

Tabitha St. Germain does allot of voices for MLP.

And more I'm unwilling to bother linking
 

Joush

New member
Jan 25, 2010
17
0
0
Steve Blum. To the point that I could fill up this whole text field with JUST HIS CREDITS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr4a-kyzQ14&feature=youtu.be

Short version;
He's Rodger Smith from Big O, Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Guillmon from Digimon, Wolverine, Grunt from Mass Effect, Tom from Tunami (?!), Amon from Legend of Korra and the moment you hear his voice you realize you've heard it everywhere.
 

wintercoat

New member
Nov 26, 2011
1,691
0
0
After playing Persona 4, I immediately jumped into Tales of the Abyss. In Persona 4, the MC is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, and Yosuke is voiced by Yuir Lowenthal. In TotA, The protagonist is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, and his best friend and servant Guy is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch. Suffice to say, during battle my mind kept playing back their Persona counterpart's lines. It made me all giggly and I had to stop play TotA for a while.
 

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
2,065
0
41
Worgen said:
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
I still couldn't hear it even after someone told me.
Only when Marcus really yells do I start to hear it.
He also voiced the Great and Powerful Trixie from MLP

Tabitha St. Germain does allot of voices for MLP.

And more I'm unwilling to bother linking
Holy fuck, that video is AWESOME.
By the way, you forgot to add Gravy Boat.

And if I may say, Nicole Oliver's my favorite MLP voice, simply because she voices Cheerilee.
She also voices Celestia, but that's just the cherry on top.
 

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
13,308
2,299
118
Gender
Whatever, just wash your hands.
torno said:
Worgen said:
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
I still couldn't hear it even after someone told me.
Only when Marcus really yells do I start to hear it.
He also voiced the Great and Powerful Trixie from MLP

Tabitha St. Germain does allot of voices for MLP.

And more I'm unwilling to bother linking
Holy fuck, that video is AWESOME.
By the way, you forgot to add Gravy Boat.

And if I may say, Nicole Oliver's my favorite MLP voice, simply because she voices Cheerilee.
She also voices Celestia, but that's just the cherry on top.
I've got something then that will blow your mind.

She also voices the Farseers and Howling Banshees from the Dawn of War 40K games.
 

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
2,065
0
41
Worgen said:
I've got something then that will blow your mind.

She also voices the Farseers and Howling Banshees from the Dawn of War 40K games.
You're about to lose a lot of respect for me:
I don't play Warhammer.
BUT
I looked up a couple of those quote videos on youtube for the Farseers and Howling Banshees.
HOLY SHIT.
The things I would give to hear her talk like the Farseer in the show...
 

J.j. Trusello

New member
Oct 17, 2011
15
0
0
HoneyVision said:
I was really surprised when I discovered that both Misty and Jessie from Pokemon were voiced by the same woman. I mean come on...
Also Ash and his mother share a voice actress.
 

MissP

New member
Feb 6, 2013
24
0
0
vid87 said:
Then you're going to want to grab a helmet to hold your liquified gray-matter:

In addition to voicing her:


...she also does:

Chun Li and freakin' Shin Chan...mind is officially blown.