''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
I was really surprised when I discovered that both Misty and Jessie from Pokemon were voiced by the same woman. I mean come on...

Sep 13, 2009
DoPo said:
Grey DeLisle did a TON of voices, too. She has also been in Bloodlines as Therese/Jeanette but aside from those, Azula from Avatar: the Last Airbender, Kimiko in Xiolin Showdown, Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Emily Elizabth in Clifford the Big Red Dog and more. It's also hard to distinguish her.
I was going to mention her as well, she's in basically everything that I watched in my childhood. Don't forget that she's also played Daphne in just about everything scooby-doo related since 2001

I can't think of anyone else right now, but I may edit in someone later

Sep 14, 2009
Hazy992 said:
You know Gohan and Android 18? Well in DBZ Kai they're voiced by Coleen Clinkenbeard, who's also the voice of Lilith and Patricia Tannis in Borderlands. When I found out I was like 'holy shit!' but now I can't unhear it :p

Speaking of Borderlands, Handsome Jack is voiced by Dameon Clarke. Wanna know who else he voices?

Yup.

So has there ever been an instance like that for you, where it makes you do a double-take?
first off...

GOHAN WAS VOICED BY A WOMAN? wowza. that is one talented voice actress to hit all those voices.

also, holy piss, cell too?!?!?! he is just one badass villian voice over. if i ever make a tv series, he'll be my go to guy.

OT: When i learned that flash on justice league was voiced by him:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0742146/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

he played lex luthor for 10 years on smallville, only to voice the flash on justice league and have the flash be killed in the alternate universe by none other than lex luthor :D

just found it a bit funny he killed himself in a long stringed way.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
This one won't come as a shock to anyone here, but my mind was blown the day I found out that Mufasa from The Lion King is Darth Vader. I think I was seven.

In related obvious news, James Earl Jones has a seriously awesome voice.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
The first time I beat the first Mass Effect I saw that Jennifer Hale had voiced Commander Shepard. Well this blew my mind because the only previous character of hers that I knew was Elena from Grandia II. I honestly didn't even realize it was her(I beat the game with a male Shepard, but had a Femshep running parallel to that one).

More recently I got BioShock: Infinite, but I had forgotten that Troy Baker was voicing Booker. As soon as he started talking in the game I started laughing... because all I could think of was Kanji from Persona 4.

"Yeah... I'm ready to be born dammit!"

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
That awesome moment when you realize Bioshock Infinite has some of the Voice Actors from Persona 4. (Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker)

OT: Roger Craig Smith.

He voices all three of these guys.

That's pretty cool.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
I always love seeing the look on my friends' faces when I go through the resumés of the Batman: Arkham City cast. The two most common comments I hear tend to be;

"Klaus from American Dad is Ra's Al Ghul!!?"

"No way is Harley Quinn the same voice actress who plays Dil from Rugrats!!?

My brother also did a bit of a double-take when I told him Seth Macfarlane was the voice of Johann in Hellboy 2.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
<spoiler=Sasha Grey>Sasha Grey
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw3ZflXYuX2vcW9jXkRlwnPgaB6b8Hb28Sl242k9D0UCuoSQ5cis
<spoiler=Viola DeWynter from Saints Row 3>Viola DeWynter from Saints Row 3
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDhVogmDCZ_LPf615Gq7Lyo6hSpq9MyP4Yc8WXLcp20OaOh5M-4g

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
The biggest surprise for me recently was when I was playing Bioshock Infinite and kept thinking the voice of Cornelius Slate sounded awfully familiar. Then it hit me, mother fucking BURNED MAN FROM NEW VEGAS. Out of curiosity, I looked up his IMDb... my mind exploded. It's this guy.
That my friends is Keith Szarabajka. Who's that you ask? Well besides that scene in The Dark Knight and the games I mentioned he was also...
Didact from Halo 4
Herschel Biggs from L.A. Noire.
Yeah you saw that right, Harbinger.
Frankly, this guy has been in everything and I was shocked to see how much of his work I missed.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
The one that shocked me the most when I found out was Yoda and Miss Piggy... seriously... the guy who plays Yoda is also Miss fucking Piggy... now you can't take Yoda seriously again!!

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
I almost shit myself when I noticed that the same guy who plays Crixus in the Spartacus TV show also played Azog the Pale Orc in The Hobbit

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I usually have no idea who voices who, but while I was playing Diablo III as a female wizard, I thought her voice sounded familiar.
Turns out she also voiced Azula.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
The one that shocked me the most when I found out was Yoda and Miss Piggy... seriously... the guy who plays Yoda is also Miss fucking Piggy... now you can't take Yoda seriously again!!
Okay, I thought you were taking the piss there.

Nope. Yoda and Miss Piggy were voiced by the same person.

What. The. Fuck.

Fuck, you've got me beat there, Watson.

Although while I'm here.

Are both voiced by the same guy, Phil LaMarr

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
neonsword13-ops said:
That awesome moment when you realize Bioshock Infinite has some of the Voice Actors from Persona 4. (Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker)
You missed Liam O'Brien and Sam Riegel. Although, they are easy to miss in that game.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Exius Xavarus said:
Grazel/Setti in White Knight Chronicles (II) and Sundowner in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are both voiced by Crispin Freeman. Came as a surprise to me, because Grazel and Sundowner don't sound anything alike. I still can't hear it.
He also voices the journalist in the cutscenes of Hitman Blood Money and is the voice of Togusa in everything Ghost in the Shell that's been released so far. So after watching Stand Alone Complex obsessively for a bit and then playing Blood Money for the first time that was a little weird to say the least

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
EHKOS said:
Everytime I hear Steve Blum I fangasm a little. I recently got Rogue Galaxy and I was like AHA!

Also the same dude who voices the Prince in Prince of Persia voices Sly's fourth ancestor.
Spot the steve blum is a game me and my friends play. Whenever I hear a character with a really bassy voice i always have to do the steve blum litmus test.