''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Michael Hogan is the voice of Doc Mitchell in F:NV, General Tullius from Skyrim and Captain Bailey from Mass Effect. Also - pepole who did the voiceovers for old pepole in Skyrim are in their mid-80's. And they still voice-act and work. Impressive.

IamLEAM1983 said:
Seriously? Three pages and nobody's mentioned that one connection?

Here are the two unlikeliest twins separated at birth:

and this guy...

...both have the same voice actor, Charles Martinet. That's an entire vocal range between yippee-yahoo Italian stereotypes and the kind of voice that would make Peter Cullen feel moderately challenged.
You might want to fix the second picture - it doesn't show up. Do you mean Paarthurnax from Skyrim?

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
DoPo said:
torno said:
I had no idea John Dimaggio voiced both Marcus Fenix and Bender.
I still couldn't hear it even after someone told me.
Only when Marcus really yells do I start to hear it.
Lest us not forget the second announcer in Madworld:

introverted_surd

May 7, 2012
Only half counts but I watched two season of sons of Anarchy before realising that Katey Segal was clays wife AND the voice actor of Leela from futurama. Even now I still have to try to notice otherwise they sound completely different to me.

Micheal Clark Duncan was easy to recognise from the saints row to The suffering.
Although it was harder to take his suffering character seriously after some of the saints row lines.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
I am frankly astounded that no-one has mentioned Frank Welker [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919798/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1] yet. The guy is a voice acting GOD. He's played every version of Fred from Scooby Doo since the begininng (except the live action ones), he's Nibbler on Futurama, both the chattering and normal speaking voice. He's Megatron in Transformers, and Abu in Aladdin. He basically supplies the industry with animal sound effects.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
The one that shocked me the most when I found out was Yoda and Miss Piggy... seriously... the guy who plays Yoda is also Miss fucking Piggy... now you can't take Yoda seriously again!!
I've read through this thread with varying degrees of surprise, but this... I think I have to go away, sit down, and think about this. Unlike some of the others, even the drastically different ones, I'm actually properly shocked by this. Heh, time to spring the news on some other unsuspecting people....

And on a weird level, playing both voices through in my head, I can actually hear similarities. Damn... Time to hit youtube and see if I'm imagining things or not.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
anthony87 said:
Hazy992 said:
rudolphna said:
OP you are implying you watch dubs, versus subs. SHUN. SHUN. Subs > Dubs

:D
I mostly watch subs actually, it's only DBZ where I prefer the dub :D

Which reminds me; the Japanese VA for Frieza also voices Yakko. That blew my mind when I found out :p
Yakko?

Surely you don't mean "Yakko" as in Animaniacs?
Yep, that's exactly who I mean.

Hard to believe isn't it? :D

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
That awesome moment when you realize Bioshock Infinite has some of the Voice Actors from Persona 4. (Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker)
Wait Laura Bailey's in Bioshock Infinite? Who is she?

Also I just found out she plays the default female voice in Saints Row: The Third, which is funny as Troy Baker does the default male voice :D

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Continuing on the anime thingy... (not sure someone mentioned, didn't look through all 4 pages :p)
Apparently Temari from Naruto is voiced by the same chick that voices Edward in Full Metal Alchemist

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hazy992 said:
neonsword13-ops said:
That awesome moment when you realize Bioshock Infinite has some of the Voice Actors from Persona 4. (Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker)
Lady Comstock, and some ambient NPCs. She does a good job of hiding her usual voice, I'll admit.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Hazy992 said:
neonsword13-ops said:
Lady Comstock, and some ambient NPCs. She does a good job of hiding her usual voice, I'll admit.
Wow really? I never would have guessed that! She DOES hide it well.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
bender as joker... blew my mind! and he did an awesome job too!

also this guy as the joker:

one of the most psycotic jokers i have seen

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Prepare to have your day ruined.

Ali Hillis voices Liara from the ME games... and Lightning from FF13. My favourite ME character and my least favourite party member in a FF game.

I was so surprised when I recently discovered that Tara Strong from Lollipop Chainsaw also voices Rikku from FFX-2.

Panty and Stocking (from the anime) also voice some unexpected videogame characters. Panty is the VA for Ellie from Borderlands 2 and Stocking is the VA for Ms. Splosion Man.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Tara Strong. Apart from voicing nearly every cartoon ever made ever, I was surprised to find out that she voices Juiliet Starling in Lollipop Chainsaw. That made the game infinitely more awesome, but the next MLP episode a bit awkward.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
The only time you can objectively say subs are better is when 4kids is involved.

4kids: Subs > Dubs
Any Gundam Series not named G Gundam Dubs > Subs
G Gundam SUBS ONLY... my god Mark Gatha can't VA to save his life
Almost all others Subs = Dubs

Though I prefer Dubs.
I actually thought G Gundams dub was pretty good. The only gundam Dub I thought thought was sub par was Zeta Gundam's.

Since we're on the subject of Gundam dubs, did you know Bernie from 0080: War in the Pocket was voiced by David Hayter?

That's right the same person who voices Solid Snake voices Bernie. Completely blew my mind when I found out especially since Bernie doesn't sound like he just smoked a pack of Marlboros.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Andy Shandy said:
Ah, the Persona stuff reminded me that Kanji Tatsumi, Booker DeWitt and Snow Villiers all have the same voice as well - Troy Baker's to be specific. Such a good voice too.
Troy also voiced Yuri in Tales of Vesperia, I guess he has a thing for voicing total badasses. I recognized him immediately when I played through Bioshock Infinite, which turned out to be a bit of a problem as I had Yuri's victory quotes running through my head whenever Booker said anything.

This hits me pretty frequently since I don't really care much about the actors, only what they or their characters do on screen. So maybe I'll recognize a voice from a character in one game and think "oh yeah, this guy also voiced that guy!" but I probably won't bother to learn what that actor's name is.

Fairly recently though, I had the opposite happen. I had no idea until a couple months ago that the one that voiced Kreia from KOTOR 2 and who voiced Theresa from Fable 2 onwards were actually 2 different people.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
One that I was massively suprised about - in Shrek 2 (and a lesser extent, 3), the King was voiced by John Cleese.

The first time I had watched it, I hadn't seen much of him (I know, I know, blasphemy), but a few years later after becoming well versed in Fawlty Towers and Monty Python, I saw it again and immediately picked up on the voice.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
go watch yu gi oh abriged. then you mind will blow.

this is kind of the feeling i had when i learen who tara strong was.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Sailor Moon and Misato from Eva?

Also all the hot male characters that the Kaworu Nagisa guy always does.