Walk All Over Cthulhu With These Amazing Carpets

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Tanakh said:
sketch_zeppelin said:
I call foul. the old gods are suppose to be unknowable so unless looking down at one of these rugs causes me to go insane and possibley become possesed than i want my money back.
This, as much as i like the Lovecraft universe; i have always disliked it being represented in a knowable fashion. The one in the OP is specially bad, it seems like a monster from battletoads, not a multidimentional monster which will unravel your mind with only gazing it.
It acutally makes alot of sense if you think about it. Science has proven that what we can see, touch, smell, and hear makes up only a small percent of reality. So in the case of the old gods they mostly exist in forms that our minds aren't equiped to handle and the result is we malfunction.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
BanicRhys said:
I think I'll stick with off white, thanks. Seriously, that's just ugly.
And yet, that avatar.
I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe it's the stylishness that detracts for you.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Marmooset said:
BanicRhys said:
I think I'll stick with off white, thanks. Seriously, that's just ugly.
And yet, that avatar.
I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe it's the stylishness that detracts for you.
I use this avatar because it's hilarious, not because I think it looks good.

You wouldn't believe how many PMs and replies I get on all the sites I use it on saying how much it creeps them out. Plus, there are some other connotations this image holds with me that I will not utter here.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
They remind me more of the drug-trip sequence from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 1969.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
"Your wife owes service and power to Treehorn," said the cultist, removing my head from the chemical bath. His hands were veiny and varicose; his eyes glassy and obtuse -- they spoke of a madness. "That means YOU owe service and power to Treehorn."

I sputtered against the wall beside the chemical bath and loomed darkly beneath my sopping bangs, as the cultist with the short-cropped hair paced to and fro in my sight. Beyond him I could see the swaying of the electric light fixture. Beyond that I could see the other cultist, the man in the tight pants, standing akimbo in the center of the room, feet set wide apart, straddling a rug which I owned; a rug which held the room together.

"Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski."

"No," I begged him, as he turned his back to me, "No, don't do that!" I cried. "O, not on the rug!"

"Do you behold what happens now before you?" asked the man with the short-cropped hair. "Do you behold what happens now before you, Lebowski?"

"O No," I said again, "O not on the rug, man!"

But the man with the tight pants did not hear me, for his was a path of madness. Unbuttoning his trousers, he unleashed himself upon me in full force -- and, arcing yellowy urine through the air, began to micturate upon my rug.

"You don't understand!" I told him. "I am not Lebowski; no one refers to me as he! I am The Dude of Yorkshire! You have detained the wrong man! Do not micturate upon my rug!"

But too late was I, for the micturition had begun. All at once there came a screaming sound, a terrible wailing and gnashing of teeth. The cultist with the close-cropped hair began to falter; he turned to call out to his fellow with the tight pants, but there was no calling, for a darkness had entered into our sight, and a stillness into our lungs. And as the floor began to quake beneath my very feet, and the man with the tight pants could no longer stop his urine flowing, the walls began to give way, and we beheld a vast cosmos of stars.

"You do not understand!" I cried, cackling now as the sere black fury of trespass rose within me. "That rug held together this very room! And indeed, all of creation!"

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
llagrok said:
Hero in a half shell said:
Knusper said:
Come to think of it, my bedroom carpet is getting a bit worn out. They probably cost an arm and a leg (and your sanity) though.
Actually it's crazy cheap! they're prices are insane! you'd be mad to miss out! so get down there as fast as you cantentacles!
How much would a carpet for a relatively small sized room cost?
Only your sanity. Muhahahahahahahahahaha *cough* *cough* *wheeze*

Actually I don't know. I can't see any prices on the webpage, I'm guessing it must be commercial but I can't see any links whatsoever. This was done in 2010, so maybe they aren't making them anymore? But if you really want one then you would probably be best just to go to the site and leave the guy a message.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
teknoarcanist said:
"Your wife owes service and power to Treehorn," said the cultist, removing my head from the chemical bath. His hands were veiny and varicose; his eyes glassy and obtuse -- they spoke of a madness. "That means YOU owe service and power to Treehorn."

I sputtered against the wall beside the chemical bath and loomed darkly beneath my sopping bangs, as the cultist with the short-cropped hair paced to and fro in my sight. Beyond him I could see the swaying of the electric light fixture. Beyond that I could see the other cultist, the man in the tight pants, standing akimbo in the center of the room, feet set wide apart, straddling a rug which I owned; a rug which held the room together.

"Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski."

"No," I begged him, as he turned his back to me, "No, don't do that!" I cried. "O, not on the rug!"

"Do you behold what happens now before you?" asked the man with the short-cropped hair. "Do you behold what happens now before you, Lebowski?"

"O No," I said again, "O not on the rug, man!"

But the man with the tight pants did not hear me, for his was a path of madness. Unbuttoning his trousers, he unleashed himself upon me in full force -- and, arcing yellowy urine through the air, began to micturate upon my rug.

"You don't understand!" I told him. "I am not Lebowski; no one refers to me as he! I am The Dude of Yorkshire! You have detained the wrong man! Do not micturate upon my rug!"

But too late was I, for the micturition had begun. All at once there came a screaming sound, a terrible wailing and gnashing of teeth. The cultist with the close-cropped hair began to falter; he turned to call out to his fellow with the tight pants, but there was no calling, for a darkness had entered into our sight, and a stillness into our lungs. And as the floor began to quake beneath my very feet, and the man with the tight pants could no longer stop his urine flowing, the walls began to give way, and we beheld a vast cosmos of stars.

"You do not understand!" I cried, cackling now as the sere black fury of trespass rose within me. "That rug held together this very room! And indeed, all of creation!"
Escapist post of the year!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
as long as you had a well in your house, so that when people said that this rug is madness, you can KICK THEM DOWN IT!

*sorry tired meme is tired*