Walking Dead: Season Two Gets Lonely with New Trailer, Screenshots

Dec 14, 2009
Two-A said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Kenny is never shown to die, it's just implied, and as we know with these types of things, unless you see someone die, or you see a corpse, they're still fair game to come back.
I'm still not going to buy it if he just shows up alive and well in the sequel, fighting a horde of zombies with only an empty pistol is not something that should be survivable.
Why shouldn't it? Because you said so? I'm sure we'll find out, either way, refusing to buy something on those grounds strikes me as petty, to say the least.

Mack Case

Dec 9, 2011
Two-A said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Kenny is never shown to die, it's just implied, and as we know with these types of things, unless you see someone die, or you see a corpse, they're still fair game to come back.
I'm still not going to buy it if he just shows up alive and well in the sequel, fighting a horde of zombies with only an empty pistol is not something that should be survivable.
Thyreese did something similar in both the comics and the TV show. The zombies in the game are super duper slow, for whatever reason, so I wouldn't count Kenny out just yet.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
While I expected a new lead entirely, I think Clem is the only pre-established character that I would have been willing to continue with.

hybrid616 said:
...I think it kind of looks like Glenn. Could be wrong, though. It's just as likely to be someone from 400 Days, or a completely new character.
Dear Lord I don't want her alone with Nate.

Caramel Frappe said:
You know, Telltale has guts for doing this. They could of completely had the characters from the DLC 400 days be the stars but instead it appears we're going to get a full story on Clementine after the events of the first Walking Dead.

and... you KNOW there's going to be tension, emotion, and a whole lot of feels. A LOT OF FEELS.
The first game certainly punched me in the stomach so hard with such story telling and a great, emotional impact.
By this time around, ether it'll be a weaker punch, the same sort of punch or they'll cause me to throw up blood from how strong it is now. We'll find out soon enough.
I don't know if they can top the raw emotion of the last season, but I'm looking forward to seeing them try.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
I have become feels. Imma wait until they all get released an play through them like I did with Season 1. The feels are concentrated that way.

As for the screenshots... Both dudes look like people from 400 Days...
The dude in the green shirt look like the dude who was flirting with Bonnie. Ya know, Leland. The one that you rebar his wife in the face.

The dude in the last screenshot looks like the guy in the pick up truck that was in Russell's and Wyatt's story. Nate I think his name was. He is a bad dude that likes woman a little too much so it would stand to reason that he would be a substantial threat to Clem.

Also, wouldn't it be interesting if the group you get recruited into at the end of 400 Days is Woodbury?

Just my two cents.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
So are they gonna let me buy the separate episodes as they come out?
Or am I stuck buying the whole season based on faith that it might not take a turn for the suck later on.
If not then I guess I'll just wait till the whole season is out and have gotten favorable reviews. It's annoying but what can you do.
Still, I'm excited for this and hope it turns out really good. Loved the first season, the feels was strong with that one.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
All aboard the hype train!

It is interesting that you now directly control Clementine. Part of Season 1's success for me was that you were responsible for her. Pretty much all my decisions were made with her safety in mind.

I'm not sure how actually taking control of her will translate. Still I have high hopes!

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
not_you said:
Eric the Orange said:
not_you said:
ServebotFrank said:
I hear it's set two years after season 2. From this I think it can be confirmed that
That Kenny is definitely still alive, no way would telltale confirm his appearance and then make him a walker if it's two years later, by that point his body would be unrecognizable. I think it would be cool if Kenny was missing an arm from his sacrifice in Savannah, and lived unlike Lee. Besides Clementine, Kenny is your biggest link to season 1, it would be foolish to not include him. Also because Gavin Hammon is a fucking amazing actor and needs more work.
Uhh, tbh, I never liked Kenny... Although with that being said...

For Kenny to appear in S2 in MY game, history would have to change... since he died with the highschool kid... again, that was my game... The two I wouldn't mind seeing again are Krista and Omeed... Or at least I think that was their names... can't remember... But yeah, I won't be seeing Kenny again... yay!
well....

either way you never SEE him die it's just highly likely that he would die in either situation. which the fact that he apparently lives either way is kinda odd. I'll be interested in seeing how they explain away him getting out of those no win situations.
I agree...
I admit... As much as I hate the guy, if he DID get out of that situation alive... (IE: He had a pistol, with no bullets, surrounded by walkers in a (very) narrow alley) I would love to know how he escaped that....
Well there was a pipe with him in the Christa scenario that he could easily pick up and start bludgeoning with. In the Ben scenario the zombies might have been so distracted by the dead body that most let him walk by, maybe he kicked one of those windows down, I highly doubt the single layer of plywood across the windows were thick at all, so it's not unreasonable to say he made it. He could've waded through the zombies and Christa and Omid just lost track of him. (They even say themselves they can't see very well down the alley)

Tyreese ran into a similar situation in the comics and the TV show. In the comics they're clearing out a gym in the prison when he gets swamped by a bunch of zombies armed only with his hammer, several issues later they return to the gym to find him on top of a pile of zombies tired but alive. In the TV show he gets swamped by a herd on all sides but somehow makes it back to the group.

While I do understand that Tyreese is a pretty built dude and Kenny is significantly smaller and injured from his gunshot wound, the point of the scene was to show that you never assume anything until you see a body. Later in the comics Michonne is shot by one of the Governor's men but he doesn't go check the body and the viewer doesn't see the event in question so you're left to assume that Michonne was killed off-screen. She later returns not dead at all, another case of never assuming anything until you see a body.

I believe Kenny could still have a story to tell, he probably doesn't know what happened to the group so he's probably still looking for them and he says himself that he considers Clementine family. His number 1 priority would be to find Clem and treat her as his own, and while some say that he can't be trusted with kids I disagree. What happened to Duck was shitty luck but Kenny has proven so many times how important family is to him. It would be interesting to have him return in that regard. He's definitely alive, I won't enter the 2nd stage of grief until I see a body.

Also, zombie Kenny really far from Savannah would be contrived and bullshit. Christa and Omid talking about that time Kenny died would be bullshit too.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Mack Case said:
Two-A said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Thyreese did something similar in both the comics and the TV show. The zombies in the game are super duper slow, for whatever reason, so I wouldn't count Kenny out just yet.
Daystar Clarion said:
Two-A said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Why shouldn't it? Because you said so? I'm sure we'll find out, either way, refusing to buy something on those grounds strikes me as petty, to say the least.

Oh well, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if they had shown Omid and Crista, considering you could tell them to take care of Clementine, and that they were never shown in a life threatening situation. If Kenny does live, it's not going to put me out of the game, I feel the writers are good enough to explain how such an scenario came to pass.

Grimh said:
So are they gonna let me buy the separate episodes as they come out?
Or am I stuck buying the whole season based on faith that it might not take a turn for the suck later on.
If not then I guess I'll just wait till the whole season is out and have gotten favorable reviews. It's annoying but what can you do.
Still, I'm excited for this and hope it turns out really good. Loved the first season, the feels was strong with that one.
I'm guessing it'll be like the first season, you can buy them as they come out, or you can just buy the season pass.

LightningFast

Feb 6, 2013
anthony87 said:
Really should get around to finishing the first one. Unfortunately some asshat on these very forums spoiled the end for me just after I finished episode 1, kinda killed my motivation to play the rest....
... Excuse me?

Alright, whose bedroom floor do I need to litter with loose legos?!

OT: Oh dear lord, I am excited for this game. You can bet I'll be pre-ordering, since Walking Dead Season 1 was perhaps the most emotionally gripping game I've ever played, and its interactivity added an element sad movies simply can't replicate.

If Kenny's in Season 2 (which I'm fairly certain he will be, as I believe Telltale made a statement along the lines of "we're going to explore his fate", I want him to see the picture Clementine made of him and his family. Ideally, he holds the picture in his hand as the bite begins to overtake him, and as he looks at it for the first time, he remembers Lee and Clementine fondly, shedding a single tear and cracking a weak smile, before finally ending his own life.

I'm not sadistic, I just love pathos.

sneeky033

dAT cAPSLOCK
Dec 1, 2009
One of the strongest parts of the first season, and the Walking Dead in general, is its focus on the interaction between the humans, with the zombies acting as an uncontrollable force of nature. I feel like removing that aspect of the narrative could weaken the new season overall, but maybe TellTale is wise in not wanting to make something that people could compare to the first game, which I think would be pretty difficult to top.

I would be satisfied if they left Clementine's story where it ended. 400 Days was a good idea, and I thought that a new story with all new characters was going to be the direction the series was headed, but I guess not. For TellTale's sake, I hope that this one is as engaging as the first.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
welp, that's £27 I'm not getting back....

I'm serious, I just bought the Complete 1st season off of the PSN, but I didn't uncheck the 'Season Pass' game (I wanted to see what the difference was) and so I ended up buying everything but the 400 days DLC twice.

Fuuuuuuck, this had better be good.

EDIT: I bought it twice 20 minutes ago, AFTER I read this article and it pumped me to buy it....