Wallace and Gromit Creators Making Raving Rabbids TV Show

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Wallace and Gromit Creators Making Raving Rabbids TV Show

The Raving Rabbids' unique blend of mischief and screaming will soon be heading to a TV near you.

Aardman Animations, the creator of Wallace and Gromit as well as movies like Chicken Run and Flushed Away, is reportedly turning Ubisoft's Rayman spin-off Raving Rabbids into a TV show.

The existence of the upcoming show was revealed by a job posting sent out to animation professionals, and is described as live action/CGI mix. It would be reasonable to assume that part of the live action segment portion of the show will include the show's main character, as there's only so much you can do with screaming rabbits. On the other hand, if the show ends up being something short like Warner Bros.' old Looney Tunes cartoons, there's no reason that the Rabbids themselves can't be the stars, with the live actors playing the unlucky target of the Rabbids' mayhem.

Details on the show beyond that it's getting made are all but non-existent, but the website [http://rabbids.uk.ubi.com/travel-in-time/] for the next Raving Rabbids game. Travel in Time was also developed by Aardman, and features a short movie - which the image above is a still from - that gives an idea of what we might be able to expect.

Source: Bleeding Cool [http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/23/aardman-making-live-actioncg-raving-rabbids-show/] via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5648977/raving-rabbids-scream-their-way-into-a-live+action-tv-show]

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I love Aardman, they make brilliant flicks...

...except for Flushed Away that is.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Jonny49 said:

Flushed away had some good jokes and ideas I think (like the French frogs in it), but yeah, it wasn't great.

This could be good. I can't make up my mind though.

On a side note, Aardman are based in Bristol! Woo!

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Jonny49 said:

Flushed away had some good jokes and ideas I think (like the French frogs in it), but yeah, it wasn't great.

This could be good. I can't make up my mind though.

On a side note, Aardman are based in Bristol! Woo!
But were founded in Preston! (GO US (even if our football team are a bit shit...) )

OT: Be intresting to watch, if it turns out to be like that animal show that they did from way back, I'm sold..

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Aardman and Rayman were both prominent parts of my childhood, so this might be good.

Might be good... bear in mind 'rabbids' are involved. Still haven't forgiven Ubisoft for that.

On the other hand, it's Aardman.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Optimus Hagrid said:
Aardman and Rayman were both prominent parts of my childhood, so this might be good.

Might be good... bear in mind 'rabbids' are involved. Still haven't forgiven Ubisoft for that.

On the other hand, it's Aardman.

Basically what this guy said. I love Wallace and Gromit, but I'm pretty sick of Rabbids. They were funny the first 10 times they randomly screamed, but the games were crap and the humour sub-par

Also, I KNEW NOTHING OF RAYMAN ORIGINS, thanks for bringing it to my attention, mate!

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Actually, I really like this idea. If the TV Show is anything like the Around The World series of advertisements, I honestly think it might have potential to be a great success:

A few examples

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I see this working well.

*thumbs up*

Hopefully Aardman will get some good shows into these kids instead of having wave after wave of teen singing shows.

Calumon: They could bring me back?

Jack: Correction, they SHOULD bring you back. At least America has Dragon Ball Z: Kai. In the UK, the good kids shows is limited to what you can see in the back of the room. Sure some may enjoy Chowder, but not every...

I am going completely off topic here. I'll just end with a yay.

Calumon: Yay!

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I bet ten bucks this will never come to the States. The last time Aardman tried to import a series here (Creature Comforts), it died after like two episodes.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
EDIT: Oh. Gonna not show my post until I've posted it twice, now, eh, forum? Is that how it's gonna be now? Well screw you too.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
I bet ten bucks this will never come to the States. The last time Aardman tried to import a series here (Creature Comforts), it died after like two episodes.
They actually did a Creature Comforts series in America. Didn't you guys get that?

OT: I don't like Rabbids - stupid, annoying things that pushed the awesomeness that is Rayman into near-obscurity - but I absolutely adore Aardman and pretty much everything they touch. Hell, they might even be able to make Rabbids tolerable. Come on Aardman, hit me with your best shot!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I never minded the Rabbids until the TV game. I always thought both they and Rayman needed to get away from each other to do their own thing.
Translation: As long as Rayman doesn't appear, I am 100% on board with this. I personally love the Rabbids.
Also, I'm a big fan of Aardman, so this could end well.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
KILL THE FREAKING RABBIDS AND MAKE ANOTHER RAYMAN GAME - A REAL ONE!

Then again, this IS Aardman Studios...

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Andronicus said:
Steve the Pocket said:
They actually did a Creature Comforts series in America. Didn't you guys get that?
That's the one I'm talking about. It got canceled three episodes in. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creature_Comforts#American_version]

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
Andronicus said:
Steve the Pocket said:
That's the one I'm talking about. It got canceled three episodes in. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creature_Comforts#American_version]
That's a shame. They showed it all here (Australia) and I thought it was rather good.

You Americans simply have no taste. /extreme generalization