Wanna buy some Uranium Ore on Amazon?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Well uh, you can, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Uranium-Ore/product-reviews/B000796XXM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 Just read the reviews, LOL!

'Ran out of toothpaste, and remembered how you're supposed to be able to use baking soda to clean your teeth, so of course, I accidentally used this instead, and Wow! all I can say is, my teeth have never been cleaner! They sparkle, they tingle, and for some reason, they STAY clean now, no matter what. Highly recommended!'

XD

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I liked the one titled "Great Product, Poor Packaging".

I love Amazon reviews, especially the ones involving Tuscan Whole Milk.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Nowhere does it say whether it's enriched uranium or not!

What terrible quality control advertising. I must write a letter to The Times!

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
How about a laptop desk for steering wheels?

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Office-WM-01-Laptop-Steering/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1258656009&sr=8-1-spell

[HEADING=3]These worked great in the cockpit for our tanscontinental flights![/HEADING]
My copilot and I both used these during our "daily grind" transcontinental flights from San Diego to Minneapolis. We had to modify them a bit to fit snug against the instrument panels (when we bought them we didn't realize the planes we fly don't have steering wheels!), but in the end it did the job. With our laptops firmly in place we were able to focus our attention on what really mattered, participating in raids with our WoW clan. During our last flight we were so immersed in trying to take down Eranikus that we overshot Minneapolis by a full hour and a half before some annoying flight attendant interrupted us, babbling something about "FAA and F16 fighters."

We'll definitely use this product again at our next gig.
Highly recommended!
Sometimes, I love the internet.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Eclpsedragon said:
How about a laptop desk for steering wheels?

http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Office-WM-01-Laptop-Steering/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1258656009&sr=8-1-spell

[HEADING=3]These worked great in the cockpit for our tanscontinental flights![/HEADING]
My copilot and I both used these during our "daily grind" transcontinental flights from San Diego to Minneapolis. We had to modify them a bit to fit snug against the instrument panels (when we bought them we didn't realize the planes we fly don't have steering wheels!), but in the end it did the job. With our laptops firmly in place we were able to focus our attention on what really mattered, participating in raids with our WoW clan. During our last flight we were so immersed in trying to take down Eranikus that we overshot Minneapolis by a full hour and a half before some annoying flight attendant interrupted us, babbling something about "FAA and F16 fighters."

We'll definitely use this product again at our next gig.
Highly recommended!
Sometimes, I love the internet.

Wow is this thing great! I use it as a "mini-bar" when the friends and I go out to the bars. I can quickly fix multiple shots of tequila for myself and the friends as we drive from one bar to the next. We also discovered that if you place a pillow on top of it and turn on the cruise control you can catch quick naps on the interstate. If you swerve to the left or right the rumble strips on the road wake you up in plenty of time before you get into trouble. I can now take longer trips without being tired!

Also, i am now dating a midget and she fits nicely on the steering wheel desk which allows us to experiment sexually while driving. This thing is like WD-40 or duct tape, it is a million and one uses!

The last bit just cracks me up.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Hahaha, this one's from the Tuscan 1 gallon Whole Milk:
Once upon a mid-day sunny, while I savored Nuts 'N Honey,
With my Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 gal, 128 fl. oz., I swore
As I went on with my lapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at the icebox door.
'Bad condensor, that,' I muttered, 'vibrating the icebox door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Not to sound like a complainer, but, in an inept half-gainer,
I provoked my bowl to tip and spill its contents on the floor.
Stupefied, I came to muddle over that increasing puddle,
Burgeoning deluge of that which I at present do adore -
Snowy Tuscan wholesomeness exclusively produced offshore -
Purg'ed here for evermore.

And the pool so white and silky, filled me with a sense of milky
Ardor of the type fantastic of a loss not known before,
So that now, to still the throbbing of my heart, while gently sobbing,
I retreated, heading straightway for the tempting icebox door -
Heedless of that pitter-patter tapping at the icebox door -
I resolved to have some more.

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
'This,' said I, 'requires an extra dram of milk, my favorite pour.'
To the icebox I aspired, motivated to admire
How its avocado pigment complemented my decor.
Then I grasped its woodgrain handle - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams of Tuscans I had known before
But the light inside was broken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only words there spoken were my whispered words, 'No more!'
Coke and beer, some ketchup I set eyes on, and an apple core -
Merely this and nothing more.

Back toward the table turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
'Surely,' said I, 'surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

From the window came a stirring, then, with an incessant purring,
Inside stepped a kitten; mannerlessly did she me ignore.
Not the least obeisance made she; not a minute stopped or stayed she;
But, with mien of lord or lady, withdrew to my dining floor -
Pounced upon the pool of Tuscan spreading o'er my dining floor -
Licked, and lapped, and supped some more.

Then this tiny cat beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grand enthusiasm of the countenance she wore,
Toward the mess she showed no pity, 'til I said, 'Well, hello, kitty!'
Sought she me with pretty eyes that seemed to open some rapport.
So I pleaded, 'Tell me, tell me what it is that you implore!'
Quoth the kitten, 'Get some more.'
That is one thousand times better than any modern poem I've ever read (and a few of the old 'classics' too)

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Oh yeah. I took the Nuclear Science merit badge in Scouts and the counsellor had that.

There's actually a really cool trick you can do with it, where you can see the vapor trails coming off the particles.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Elect G-Max said:
Do not be fooled by this product. I bought this along with four terrapins and a rat (since I couldnt lay my hands on a warthog and a rhino). I rubbed this product into my skin and gums then rolled around with the terrapins and the rat.

Long story short I did NOT end up with my own crime-fighting mutant superhero team. The rat bit me and I crushed the terrapins. Also I now have a strange rash and Im coughing up blood, whats up with that?
Sent this as a Hanukkah gift to President Ahmadinejad. Got a thank you card back saying he loved it and I was his favorite infidel. Kudos to Amazon for a great product and fast shipping to Tehran.
It's been a few months but I'm just now getting around to writing this review since we've had some sudden and unusual family health issues.

As soon as I finish this next round of chemotherapy, I'm going to ask Amazon for a refund.
The price is a bit high but it is certainly worth our daughter's happiness. She's been looking a bit pale lately (she's always been a little anemic)
You can also buy used souls on eBay.
What the hell is a used soul?

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
'I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty.'

I know it was the top one, but that is still hilarious!

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
What the hell is a used soul?
It's what I sold for cookie money when I was 5

...and then became a ginger.

OT: I do love when Amazon reviews get creative. I loved the TF2 one, and someone parodying famous poetry is hilarious.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Well, Images Scientific Instruments, Inc. delivers Geiger counters and all sorts of good stuff to a variety of interested end users.

See their own web presence at http://www.imagesco.com/geiger/uranium-ore.html

Not sure what Greenpeace alarmist mindset made this worthy of discussion, so I think it probably should be noted that the Uranium you buy for fifty bucks won't be enough to build a bomb, it's just to give your Geiger counter something to count.

The reviews are mostly absolutely useless and only borderline funny, I think the majority of them are not in agreement with the terms and services of Amazon. Some people will find giggles everywhere, which is absolutely a valid stance, but trolling ignorance in a public online marketplace is really poor style.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
I think the interesting part is not that the ore is available on Amazon, but how much of a big deal people are making of it. I've been to places in Utah where you can find uranium ore on the surface, pick up a few pieces, take it with you, sell it, eat it, whatever. In fact, I handled some and ate a sandwich immediately after without washing my hands. That was twelve years ago, haven't noticed anything wrong yet.

The thing that a lot of people don't realize about uranium, reactors, and bombs is that engineering a bomb, while not exactly easy and requiring some technical skill to do, is not hard. Processing the uranium ore into a material capable of reaching critical mass is the hard part. It's hard enough that it took a substantial chunk of the US wartime industrial capacity several years to achieve. Technologies have come out since then that make it easier, but you still need the resources of a significant industrialized state or massive corporation to do it.

Simply having ore is completely unremarkable. Any university geology lab will have samples of the stuff, as will a lot of rock collectors. Having a sample of enriched (not simply refined) uranium, which is what you need for bombs, is a very big deal, is extremely illegal if you're not in the weapons business, and also means you have a sample of the rarest, most controlled, and most valuable substance on Earth.

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
The dude above has it right. I personally have samples of thorium, uranium and a sample of Cobalt 60 at home in my bedroom.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Is this supposed to be surprising?

The type of Uranium that is legal to sell in that manner is quite safe, you'd have to eat the stuff directly for it to pose a significant health risk, and even then it wouldn't be radiation that kills you.

A lot of people really don't understand radiation and the actual nature and limits of the problems it can cause. Correcting that ignorance gets to be more than a little tiresome.