Want to Play a Villain in Hyrule Warriors? You Can Tomorrow

Emily Turner

Aug 27, 2014
Want to Play a Villain in Hyrule Warriors? You Can Tomorrow

If you were hoping to play as Cia, Volga or Wizzro in Nintendo's Zelda spinoff, update 1.3.0 tomorrow will allow it.

four planned DLC packs [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/hyrule%20warriors], the Master Quest pack, will be released.

The Master Quest pack is $7.99 and adds five new story episodes, the Master Quest Adventure Mode map, new "pre-corruption" outfits for Cia and Lana, and an interesting new weapon for Link - his horse, Epona. It will also feature new pallet swap costumes for all characters, one of which gives Zelda the color scheme of A Link Between Worlds' Hilda.

The other three DLC packs do not yet have as detailed information on their contents, simply stating that future DLC packs will contain new playable characters, costumes and Adventure maps. These packs will be individually priced at $7.99, with the exception of the last Boss Pack DLC, which is $2.99. You can also buy the equivalent of a season pass, which gets you all the DLC packs and a Dark Link costume for $19.99.

The update tomorrow unlocking Cia, Volga and Wizzro as playable characters is definitely an update worth downloading, even if you don't plan on buying the DLC. Another feature in the update is the ability to skip cutscenes (though you probably won't be able to do Zant's "spin to win" glitch [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7It3NjsDnQ] without them).

[gallery=3370]

Source: NintendoNews [http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Already have the Season Pass, all Rank 3 weapons for current characters and nearly 2 million rupees saved up to level these guys when they come out! I am totes excite :3

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fappy said:
Already have the Season Pass
I really wanted to get it, but I was too poor/didn't know it had one. T^T
But now that I've been paid I'll be getting it!

OT: My friend and I only care about 1 person on that list, and it's Wizzro. Both of us loved his banter in the game, and now I'll get to play as him. >:3
Having Cia and Volga, as well as a skin to play as Hilda are just icing on the cake.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Neronium said:
Fappy said:
Already have the Season Pass
I really wanted to get it, but I was too poor/didn't know it had one. T^T
But now that I've been paid I'll be getting it!

OT: My friend and I only care about 1 person on that list, and it's Wizzro. Both of us loved his banter in the game, and now I'll get to play as him. >:3
Having Cia and Volga, as well as a skin to play as Hilda are just icing on the cake.
I am most excited for Volga, personally. Dragon Lu Bu!

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Daaamn....
Didn't know this was happening :/
A bit sad that Ninty has gone in for the whole DLC thing, I like my games complete when I buy them :(
Well, nothing I can do about that, won't buy the pack too soon, will DL the skins and play a little until Bayonetta is released, then it's full on Bayonetta for a while :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Guffe said:
Daaamn....
A bit sad that Ninty has gone in for the whole DLC thing, I like my games complete when I buy them :(
Well, nothing I can do about that, won't buy the pack too soon, will DL the skins and play a little until Bayonetta is released, then it's full on Bayonetta for a while :D
The game has over 200 hours of content without DLC and most of the DLC is coming out 2-8 months after the Japanese release. Considering the $20 price point for all of it, I think it's pretty fair. Certainly better than some of the DLC strategies you see on the 3DS anyhow.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Fappy said:
Guffe said:
Daaamn....
full on Bayonetta for a while :D
The game has over 200 hours of content without DLC and most of the DLC is coming out 2-8 months after the Japanese release.
200 hours... pfft!
I've played it for maybe 70 and have all lvl 3 weaps and all gold skulltulas, you better step up your game kiddo! ;)
//j(ust)k(idding)

True true, there's alot of gameplay in it...
I've just been hackin' and slashin' so long now, even my roomie thinks that my mind has gone.
And some of it free and the price isn't too bad on the ones' that cost, but still :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Guffe said:
Fappy said:
Guffe said:
Daaamn....
full on Bayonetta for a while :D
The game has over 200 hours of content without DLC and most of the DLC is coming out 2-8 months after the Japanese release.
200 hours... pfft!
I've played it for maybe 70 and have all lvl 3 weaps and all gold skulltulas, you better step up your game kiddo! ;)
//j(ust)k(idding)

True true, there's alot of gameplay in it...
I've just been hackin' and slashin' so long now, even my roomie thinks that my mind has gone.
And some of it free and the price isn't too bad on the ones' that cost, but still :D
I generally don't like DLC either, so I know where you're coming from. Still, I appreciate when games are fair about it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Between this and the new Senran Kagura game, I think I'm gonna be DW'ed out for awhile.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
RaikuFA said:
Between this and the new Senran Kagura game, I think I'm gonna be DW'ed out for awhile.
Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires comes out in February. The Warrior Train has no breaks XD

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fappy said:
Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires comes out in February. The Warrior Train has no breaks XD
Not only that, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 will be coming out as well next year on PS3, Vita, and PS4. All aboard the DW/DW-spinoff train! :D
*is a giant One Piece fan and loves the Pirate Warriors games*

EdwardBerner

Mar 28, 2012
I was wondering why Cia, Volga and Wizzro weren't already playable. They seemed mechanically fleshed out enough for me to make great playable characters.

Seems they only needed a little more time to make some final polishing. Will totally be downloading this patch ASAP :)

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Fappy said:
RaikuFA said:
Don't you mean Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires? 7E is already out (I have 160 hours and a faithfully recreated Kill la Kill cast to prove it. Nothing made the game as fun as taking over all of China as Satsuki and the Elite Four).

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Neronium said:
Fappy said:
Not only that, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 will be coming out as well next year on PS3, Vita, and PS4. All aboard the DW/DW-spinoff train! :D
*is a giant One Piece fan and loves the Pirate Warriors games*
Playing and loving 2 right now, though the merciless difficulty in the Crew's Episode missions forces me to play as Marco just to stay alive.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
RaikuFA said:
I watched gameplay of Senran Kagura. It looks like a female only version of Bleach: Soul Resurrecion.

OT: For those of you wondering why Nintendo jumped on the DLC train, this is more Tecmo Koei's decision. Every DW/SW/Warriors game they release has a million different costume and bonus missions packs.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
LarsInCharge said:
Playing and loving 2 right now, though the merciless difficulty in the Crew's Episode missions forces me to play as Marco just to stay alive.
I have that same problem when I play, although I'm stubborn and play as Brook in any situation in which I can because I love him. :3
Seriously, in any One Piece game if Brook is a playable character then he's my 1st choice. For example, in Unlimited World Red I've boosted his stats and levels to be higher than Luffy's. I can wreck Admirals with ease. :D

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Guffe said:
Daaamn....
Honestly so far Nintendo has been really good about the DLC practices. Free DLC packs, and extremely fair pricing on the paid for DLC packs. 11 bucks for Mario Kart 8 gets you 6 characters, 8 cars, and 16 new tracks. The Hyrule Warriors dlc is 20 bucks for a ton of new characters, weapons, and adventure maps.

Considerin what usually constitutes as dlc, that's pertty impressive.

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Neronium said:
LarsInCharge said:
I have that same problem when I play, although I'm stubborn and play as Brook in any situation in which I can because I love him. :3
Seriously, in any One Piece game if Brook is a playable character then he's my 1st choice. For example, in Unlimited World Red I've boosted his stats and levels to be higher than Luffy's. I can wreck Admirals with ease. :D
My favorites are Hancock and Robin, so I'm glad Hancock is a beast in this one. Robin's a little underwhelming (feels like archers in DW games). And Kuzan/Aokiji is officially my "oh fuck this" character for awful missions.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
LarsInCharge said:
My favorites are Hancock and Robin, so I'm glad Hancock is a beast in this one. Robin's a little underwhelming (feels like archers in DW games). And Kuzan/Aokiji is officially my "oh fuck this" character for awful missions.
Seems we both have the same idea for the use of Aokiji then. :p

shintakie10 said:
Considerin what usually constitutes as dlc, that's pertty impressive.
They probably learned how not to handle DLC after the pitiful excuse that was the New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC...man that stuff was terrible, and over priced as well. Actually it still is overpriced since it never went down in price at all.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
LarsInCharge said:
Fappy said:
RaikuFA said:
Don't you mean Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires? 7E is already out (I have 160 hours and a faithfully recreated Kill la Kill cast to prove it. Nothing made the game as fun as taking over all of China as Satsuki and the Elite Four).
Oh yeah, you're right! My goof!