Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gets Series-Wide Multiplayer Overhaul

Sep 24, 2008
Neverhoodian said:
]Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

I'm looking at you, Jurgen

vallorn said:
There's always one faction, just look at Dawn of Eldar for the original Dawn of War and it's expansions.

And yeah we could have played it either way but you know? It's still REALLY nice to see a game developer like Relic (Who's art director drew for Extra Credits this week) having respect for it's players and not treating them like cash cows. Yes EA I mean you.
It is nice, but I just don't get why Games Workshop is dragging it's heels. I mean, even Dawn of War II sold well enough that they were going to make a third. You don't do that hoping your second installment will do well enough to warrant producing another one. So.. why haven't they picked another company yet? Get it out there! We have money! We will pay. Give us some Tau, because there's nothing funnier than crushing those bluies who don't use their fists!

kajinking said:
ObsidianJones said:
If you interested there's a community mod (Elite Mod) for DOW:2 Retribution that gets played quite heavily still. They made a lot of balance passes, added new units with custom models, they even added in a whole new faction (Grey Knights). I've watched enough casts of the modded game to know Chaos isn't overly broken (the Orks may take that award with their Nob squad and painboy combo).

This would be Idrid's channel he casts elite mod regularly.
I regularly play (by myself, I could never get matchmaking to work) and I've subbed to Idrid a while ago. It was a huge help when my graphics card died and I didn't have any way to play my games. But the modders are so heavily slanted to Chaos, it's not even funny. Look at the Codex for Dawn of War II elite mod. Worship everything, somehow even though Chaos is a heavily melee army they get some of the best Dakka in the game.

What do the Loyal Sons of the Emperor get? Purity Seals? Enhanced Cybernetics? Auspex? The ability to give your Assault Squad Power Axes or Meltas? True Devastator Squads that every member can take a heavy weapon?

Nope. Sternguard. Vanguard. Don't get me wrong, I do work with them, but there are so many things that the Emperor's chosen get nixed for 'balance'. If you take away from one because you think they can be overpowered, and literally pour through the book to see what more they can buff another team... that's not balance!

... isn't the lead mod a Chaos player?