Warhammer Online Gets New Classes Today

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Hankage said:
That's nice; the ten people playing the game now have something new.
... what?, over a million i think you'll find. you play another mmo and are a fanboy, im guessing.

letsnoobtehpwns said:
That's great. To bad no one cares.
same to you.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
Sounds cool. WAR is the best MMO out right now IMO. Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to play ANY MMO anymore. After 6 months of EQ2, 1 year of WoW, and 6 months of WAR I'm sick of the whole genre.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Kellerb said:
Hankage said:
... what?, over a million i think you'll find. you play another mmo and are a fanboy, im guessing.

letsnoobtehpwns said:
same to you.
It isnt over 1 million (sadly). And guys WAR is still a big MMO, its a lot better then WoW.

Well time to go get me some more beards! FOR TZEENTCH!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
It's strange that they finally decided to add the Slayer. I suppose there must of been a lot of demand.

When they first anounced WAR, the slayer was to be the dwarfs DPS class. They then changed it Hammerer, because it kind of fucked up the Lore. Dwarf Slayers are basically suicidal maniacs. Dwarfs can't actually commit suicide (to do so would be a against their nature and a huge dishonour) so when Dwarfs feel like they have been disgraced they take up the mantle of a Slayer, die their beard red, wear next to nothing and they find the biggest and baddest monster out there and fight it. They keep doing this until they are beaten in combat, so that they die but they keep their honour.

To sum it up, I can imagine Slayers would be pretty pissed off with Healers.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Ranooth said:
Kellerb said:
Hankage said:

letsnoobtehpwns said:
same to you.
It isnt over 1 million (sadly). And guys WAR is still a big MMO, its a lot better then WoW.

Well time to go get me some more beards! FOR TZEENTCH!
It released with 700k accounts, and its now down to something like 400k i think? I'm active at the moment, and the crafting changes in 1.2 are pretty awesome, made it much easier for talismans and cultivation now. Though live events seem to flick between too easy and too hard alternately, they've yet to balance it at all. I recon I can do my main + all my alts for the full event.

The only issue I have with WAR, is t4 and endgame is a bit broken, its just zergs roaming around doing PVE with scenerios populated by premade guild only groups. My guild hasnt quite got a full balanced team of level 40s yet, so we can't participate, which kinda sucks, as ranks 32 to 39 you can't do any scenerios :/

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
thisbymaster said:
I played war for a while but after 20+ i just gave up. Nothing to do but grind or pvp.
appose to other mmos...?

Tbh, i think WAR has some of the deepest/most back story of most MMOs, but thats probably just cause warhammer itself has such a huge amount of Lore to feed of.