crazy-j said:
Bocaj2000 said:
I want to migrate to Warhammer...
*sigh
so alone
i would do it to i just dont have enough money/good enough rig 2 play it

and wow seriously needs to end
For what reason and why?
it destroys peoples social life, gobbles up your money and turns you into a mindless..."thing" whose only concern is lvling up and getting epics
Another one of the pro-social life conformists!

Many WoW players have social lives, even hardcore ones. Plus social life to extreme is so overrated. You don't need 100000 "friends" to live a good life, just half-a-dozen is sufficient.
Okay you got me there. But i did play wow for three/four months and it wasn't a very good game i thought. All it was is grind. And i know you only need half-a-dozen that is all i have. However when i started playing wow they hung out with me less and were kinda mean 2 me just because i was playing wow. and i am just mad because of all the time i wasted playing that game

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
crazy-j said:
it destroys peoples social life, gobbles up your money and turns you into a mindless..."thing" whose only concern is lvling up and getting epics
PEBKAC is the true problem. WoW isn't.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
crazy-j said:
Gormourn said:
crazy-j said:
Ivoryagent said:
crazy-j said:
Bocaj2000 said:
*sigh
so alone

For what reason and why?

Many WoW players have social lives, even hardcore ones. Plus social life to extreme is so overrated. You don't need 100000 "friends" to live a good life, just half-a-dozen is sufficient.
Okay you got me there. But i did play wow for three/four months and it wasn't a very good game i thought. All it was is grind. And i know you only need half-a-dozen that is all i have. However when i started playing wow they hung out with me less and were kinda mean 2 me just because i was playing wow. and i am just mad because of all the time i wasted playing that game
So your points are:
your 'friends' made fun of you when you played WoW (You should care...why?)
And that you didn't like it.
Therefore, via your logic, the game needs to end?

You know when people go Step 1: X->Step 2: ???-> Step 3: Profit, right? Your argument appears to have just added about a dozen Step 2's in there. Leap of Logic, awaaaaaay!

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
crazy-j said:
No offense, but your friends sound pretty lame

I've been resisting the urge to go back to WoW for a while-- I don't like a lot of the stuff WotLK is bringing, but I can't deny that I enjoyed playing the game back when I was really into it. I'm subscribed to Warhammer right now, but it just seems to lack that "something" that draws me in and makes me keep playing with every moment of spare time I get. I'm hoping that maybe one of the upcoming Superhero MMOs will be my answer to WoW.

crazy-j

Sep 15, 2008
Amnestic said:
crazy-j said:
Gormourn said:
crazy-j said:
Ivoryagent said:
crazy-j said:
Bocaj2000 said:
*sigh
so alone

For what reason and why?

So your points are:
your 'friends' made fun of you when you played WoW (You should care...why?)
And that you didn't like it.
Therefore, via your logic, the game needs to end?

You know when people go Step 1: X->Step 2: ???-> Step 3: Profit, right? Your argument appears to have just added about a dozen Step 2's in there. Leap of Logic, awaaaaaay!
alright lol you win. i just dont like the game so i want to 2 end. i am not trying 2 piss wow fans of (not saying you are one) i just dont like it

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
Bocaj2000 said:
*sigh
so alone
Come on over to the Makaisson server in WAR. I got there and it's pretty fun. They're a close-knit bunch but once you get acquainted with them they're fun to be around.

Alkarin

May 31, 2008
Ive been playing Warhammer and its a blast.I play it for the RVR aspect and easy access to fun instead of leveling for 3 months while arguing with 12 year olds about how is 70warlock can pwnzors my 52 hunter. I only know 2 people who left war to go back to wow and they came back the next month saying 'wow always seems like a good idea but honestly it just sucks'
I personally dont hate wow. just the players who play it! and just because i dont like the game doesnt mean its bad (even though it is!) just if that's what you like cool. i rather play warhammer.

As Paul Barnett said 'we are like the led zepplin of mmos, the less popular but cool one'

And thats what i like in a mmo. also you can play warhammer without having to play 12 hours a day. but you can and it will still be fun if you do. Also you are always working for better gear because of the renown ranks you have to achieve in rvr unlike in wow all you do is sit their and show off (which you can also do in war but you have other choices too!) and don't forget. dec 2 they are adding player statues to the capital cities!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
There's no conceivable way WoW can be challenged for it's market share in a day. Warhammer Online seems to have launched and retained a modest playerbase and thats a START. Give them 4 years like Blizzard has had (4 years exactly as of Nov. 23rd) and we'll see where they are.

Gitsnik

May 13, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
i'm not going back to them, just got kinda tiring, they keep making excuses as to why they "can't" get rid of gold spammers or make a linux port
I've got no issue with WINE... truth be told it runs quicker on the Linux box than it does on the Windows machine (two identical systems - surplus design machines from an older job).

Just a note, please continue your forum experience.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Maybe several users have finished their 'honeymoon' with Age of Conan and Warhammer Online, and are enticed by Wrath of the Lich King? I dunno, MMOs aren't really my thing.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
You won't have me Blizzard! You won't get me back!!!

*being dragged out of the room screaming and clawing the ground*

DON'T YOU PEOPLE SEE WHAT THEY'RE TRYING TO DO?

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
by 2020 WoW will be a mandatory subject in school...

And Mike Morhaime has quite obviously sold his soul to the devil...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Ugh... not more WoW. I'm so sick of hearing about it. Everywhere I look online. By now I've just given up on trying to find somewhere I won't hear "Hey did you hear the new news about WoW?"

Aellos

Dec 13, 2008
Spectre39 said:
This just further proves that WoW is the best MMO out there right now. Any sort of imitator might get 5 minutes of fame, but in the end WoW will remain the best.
I'm sorry...but since when is any other MMO and imitation of WoW? Order vs Destruction? Warhammer franchise has been out since before Warcraft. Mini-map? That was out in more than just WoW and Warhammer (Though I do admit the UI is alot alike, but oh well? That was one of the few good things about WoW in my opinion.) I guess it just bugs me to hear people who have a "My MMO is better than yours!" frame of mind. I'm not dissing WoW (even though I can't stand it) because apparently it has it's attraction. WoW doesn't need to stop, the overly-arrogant players need to stop. Or at least stick to their own game and not speak in other games.

"WoW players are the elite PvPers, better than imitation games like DAoC, EQ, Lineage, etc" My ASS.

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Aellos said:
Spectre39 said:
This just further proves that WoW is the best MMO out there right now. Any sort of imitator might get 5 minutes of fame, but in the end WoW will remain the best.
I'm sorry...but since when is any other MMO and imitation of WoW? Order vs Destruction? Warhammer franchise has been out since before Warcraft. Mini-map? That was out in more than just WoW and Warhammer (Though I do admit the UI is alot alike, but oh well? That was one of the few good things about WoW in my opinion.) I guess it just bugs me to hear people who have a "My MMO is better than yours!" frame of mind. I'm not dissing WoW (even though I can't stand it) because apparently it has it's attraction. WoW doesn't need to stop, the overly-arrogant players need to stop. Or at least stick to their own game and not speak in other games.

"WoW players are the elite PvPers, better than imitation games like DAoC, EQ, Lineage, etc" My ASS.
You cannot say with a straight face that Warhammer was not created with the intention of stealing WoW's success by creating a look-a-like with a few things tweaked. No matter how those tweaks vary matter little when slapping the "Failure at trying to copy WoW" label. Blizzard is sitting on a large pile of cash right now because they did something right. Seeing as how people are parachuting out of that crashing plane WAR as fast as they can only shows that imitators in the "fantasy MMO" industry are doomed to fail. Your inability to see how WoW is fun is your personal taste, so I could care less what you think. Perhaps you think playing with rocks are fun too? Keep your flames and necro nit-picking away from my posts, please.

Aellos

Dec 13, 2008
*looks at date* Whoops, I didn't mean to necro, but oh well.

And I didn't mean to flame. There was no intent of flaming. There has to be SOME reason that WoW is so attractive to players, but to think that EVERY game is imitating WoW? That's a bit egotistical. I doubt Mythic is trying to derail WoW. Personally I think that's what alot of WAR players are wishing, but that doesn't mean Mythic is doing so. And I've played WoW and WAR, the only two things I find similar are the UI and Quest system.

And I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I only try to point things out that bug me, but I don't intend offence or harm. Let alone name calling.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Aellos said:
*looks at date* Whoops, I didn't mean to necro, but oh well.

And I didn't mean to flame. There was no intent of flaming. There has to be SOME reason that WoW is so attractive to players, but to think that EVERY game is imitating WoW? That's a bit egotistical. I doubt Mythic is trying to derail WoW. Personally I think that's what alot of WAR players are wishing, but that doesn't mean Mythic is doing so. And I've played WoW and WAR, the only two things I find similar are the UI and Quest system.

And I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I only try to point things out that bug me, but I don't intend offence or harm. Let alone name calling.
I'm sure Mythic saying it's a WoW killer has nothing to do with them trying to derail WoW.