Warhammer Total War is now getting Squigs.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
pookie101 said:
squigs are the blobs with teeth and legs?
Yes. Nothing ruins carefully arranged battle plans and formations like an enemy deploying a chaotic mess of bouncy squigs and whirling Night Goblin fanatics.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
In my last greenskin playthrough i tried doing a gobbo focused approach and got frustrated by it, had to eventually rely on orcs again, but this DLC seems like it will make a gobbo only army (with squigs, goes without saying of course) doable, I like that.

On the dwarf side i really missed not having bolt throwers, they were one of the dwarfs longest serving artillery pieces and even though i guess cannons do the same role as them, it's nice to have them in.

Still the single unit im most looking forward to is squigs, so i can unleash tons of them on the enemy line and watch them gulp down even chaos warriors.

pookie101 said:
http://imgur.com/kNyVrdC
Behold, squigs doing what squigs do best <3 Om nom nom!

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Frankster said:
In my last greenskin playthrough i tried doing a gobbo focused approach and got frustrated by it, had to eventually rely on orcs again, but this DLC seems like it will make a gobbo only army (with squigs, goes without saying of course) doable, I like that.

On the dwarf side i really missed not having bolt throwers, they were one of the dwarfs longest serving artillery pieces and even though i guess cannons do the same role as them, it's nice to have them in.

Still the single unit im most looking forward to is squigs, so i can unleash tons of them on the enemy line and watch them gulp down even chaos warriors.

pookie101 said:
http://imgur.com/kNyVrdC
Behold, squigs doing what squigs do best <3 Om nom nom!
haha i will say that is adorable

ErrrorWayz

Jun 25, 2016
I so need to reload this, pre-ordered (What is wrong with me!), played 30 hours, Win 10 crashed and burnt and rolled back to my Win 8.1 load. Now have a solid Win 10 build and am ready for action, DX12 really makes a huge difference to my frame rates.

Having had very limited Total War experience I was just getting to grips with agents and how they work!

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
SNARSNIK'S BACK! SNARSNIK'S BACK! SNARSNIK'S BACK! SNARSNIK'S BACK! SNARSNIK'S BACK!

...*ahem*, I'm really happy my third favorite leader is back in the game. NOW GIVE ME MY SKULL CATAPULTS DAMNIT!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
bastardofmelbourne said:
Bombiz said:
I don't thing they'll ever put that back in since it used matchlock combat and everyone complained about the so they removed it
Whaaaaaat?

Why would people complain about that? What was wrong with it? What's matchlock combat, by the way?
The first game in the franchise to use Matchlock combat was Empire Total War, and it was horrendous. Basically what matchlock is is that it will pit one soldier versus another soldier in prerendered motion capture duels until one model dies. This had a side effect of a unit of coldstream guards or Sikh swordsmen being unstoppable in melee due to their high melee stats, meaning they one every single combat, and could not be outnumbered because it was only ever one soldier versus another, rather than letting you backstab them with flanking maneuvers.