WarioWare D.I.Y. Users Create Abhorrently Violent Microgames

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
I was expecting Super Baby Aborter. This stuff was far tamer than I was expecting. I mean this is Japan we're talking about!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I'm quite drunk right now, but the one of a man being beheaded was quite sobering.

To paraphrase the Kaiser Chiefs, I predict a scandal.

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
Hmm... I might actually get this now.

Not because of the violent ones, mind you (nooooooooooooo ofcourse not!)
But a editor really does sound like a lot of fun.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
If only they were any good, most seemed too easy and not fitting in with the frantic nature of the game.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well I have no real problem with sex and/or violence in of themselves, though I am fairly jaded. Perhaps this will show Nintendo that there is a market for them to produce more "M" rated games directly?

That said, we'll see where it goes.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
I think that was the best free advertisement Nintendo could have gotten for this game. I am definitely going to get this game as soon as it comes out here just to make awesome microgames like this.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
I'm split between being impressed at the variety of tools that Nintendo have included with the editor, and being disappointed at how many of those games are so damn unimaginative. I mean, I wouldn't mind the gore all that badly, if they at least made it interesting or horrifying, rather than twelve variations on the "press button when man enters square to murder".

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Oh god, I weep. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't true that gaming desensitizes us to violence. I mean, there's not even any gameplay here and unlike, say, Don't Shoot the Puppy [http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/dont-shoot-the-puppy/] it isn't even done with comedic intent; it's just plain sick. Either way, this doesn't make us look good.

Rararaz

Feb 20, 2010
Should we consider that a white stickman did the person who created them some terrible ill before we judge?

OT: I think that one maybe two of those would have been Ok but one after another? Not great. Seems the creator was a little too wrapped up in the whole killing thing. I am very impressed with the level of editing avaliable though.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I think a lot of these would have been more funny if Japanese were allowed to use guns. I could tell that the emphasis on guns was kinda like an American teen's obsession with sex. Both are forbidden fruit of each culture, and so a lot of "creativity" gets expressed by doing the things they aren't allowed to do.

I'm not trying to say that Japanese are all a bunch of psychotic murders waiting to happen, but would you draw a penis on some one's face while they are sleeping if sex was a casual thing around here? I think that most people would think it lame and not funny; kinda like drawing a walking man instead.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Blood and guts are boring and passe in the 21st century.

What we really want to know is: "What was WarioWare D.I.Y.'s time-to-penis rating?"

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Are these microgames downloadable from the DSi? Cause if they are, someone will get sued when some parent find their little child tentacle-raping school-girls on his DSi.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Doxcology said:
Meh, I've seen worse on Newgrounds.
My thoughts exactly.

I mean aside from two (cross and saw beheading) I didn't see anything that I would consider abhorrently violent. But then again those are the games that someone can get onto youtube. Imagine what isn't. Wait, on second thought, don't imagine.

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
I think that "This is violent, but not unexpected" was my response up until the game around 2 minutes in where you sawed a guys head in half. That and the crucfying (sp?) game.

PunchClockVillain

Oct 3, 2009
Doxcology said:
Meh, I've seen worse on Newgrounds.
My thoughts exactly. Given you can always find something "worse" on the internet, violent games like these are fairly common on sites like Newgrounds, AddictingGames, and the like. Nothing really of note to me. Although, the absurdity of the guy who got shot into the building and then slid down made me smile a little on the inside.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Looks like it was a good thing i bought a DS today.

OT: how much you want to bet where going to get a dumed down version now.