Warmachine & Hordes

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
SckizoBoy said:
Quellist said:
I backed and played the TBS game and I collect and paint some of the Cyngar minis (Black 13th are a particular favorite). But i've never actually played the boardgame. Dunno if that counts
You like the Black 13th models?! The old ones? A Cygnar playing acquaintance positively despises them because they were seemingly scaled and proportioned for 16mm i/o 28mm (like old H1...). The re-sculpt is miles better (Doug Hamilton involvement unknown... but usually prayed for...)...
I had no idea there was a resculpt! I swear, painting the originals was a real challenge due to the size. Well, I know now what Minis i will be getting next :D

That said, tiny or no, they are 3 beautiful models. Now if only we can get a Kara Sloan resculpt too...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Khador, Legion, Cyriss, Circle, Cygnar, Minions. In that order. Grymkin as well soon.
Retribution, Circle, Convergence, Cryx in that order as well...

I'm not going for Grymkin... the Malifaux is strong in that one! >.> (kidding, but I think four factions is enough for now, plus all the Merc models I randomly have... go Fiona!).

Yes, 40k can be competitive but Warmahordes has a level of player skill that Warhammer doesn't. You can turn up to a 40k game with a netlist having never played before and win at 40k. A newbie can try running a netlist in Warmahordes but an experienced player will destroy them. Some players don't know how to dial back on the player skill aspect. Though there is a point where the training wheels nedd to come off.
Eh, I was referring more to player attitude than the games' required skill, but I have to agree with what you've mentioned. N00b with all the Riptides is pretty much going to curbstomp me and my lovingly crafted DE list... cos DE doesn't win... like ever...

Still, training wheels is why JourneyMan Leagues exist. For fun, I apply Highlander (or variations thereof) to larger games and see what shit people come up with...

Quellist said:
I had no idea there was a resculpt! I swear, painting the originals was a real challenge due to the size. Well, I know now what Minis i will be getting next :D

That said, tiny or no, they are 3 beautiful models. Now if only we can get a Kara Sloan resculpt too...
Yep, resculpt done very recently, though... not sure whether they're out yet, though...

And yeah, Sloan... I have her, back from MkII when we did a Traitor tournie and I liked Sloan enough to buy her mini... but most Cygnar players I know converted her so she wasn't holding Spitfire in such a dumbass way (aiming like in her artwork, or about to cock it).