Warner Bros. Searching for Black Director & Actor for New Superman Film

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Any number of people would say (or at least think) that, though.
If you mean racists, I don't care what they think.

I could be wrong, but isn't Superman supposed to be beloved by the US, which would include them?
What does that have to do with anything? I seriously don't understand the point you are making with this question.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If you mean racists, I don't care what they think.

What does that have to do with anything? I seriously don't understand the point you are making with this question.
In universe, Superman is generally considered a hero by the majority of people in the US, and has been since the 40s. I think, could be wrong about that.

That flat out would not have happened if he was a minority, unless you're going to say that racism (et al) didn't exist in your setting.

Reactions: MrCalavera

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
In universe, Superman is generally considered a hero by the majority of people in the US, and has been since the 40s. I think, could be wrong about that.

That flat out would not have happened if he was a minority, unless you're going to say that racism (et al) didn't exist in your setting.
Considering how rarely racism and inequality actually comes up in comics, especially back then, you could say it already doesn't exist in their setting.

My point is that there is nothing inherent about the traits that make him a hero, that are tied to any race. Unless someone tries to say that Truth, Justice and the American Way, are somehow inherently white.

And the fact that he was made by a couple of white guys, specifically targeting a white audience, because at that time, they were the only ones with any solid basis in society to regularly buy comics, because they weren't treated like literal second hand citizens, is just as much pandering as people try and claim this change is here.