Warner Bros. Working On Live Action Bleach Adaptation

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
If I was still into Bleach (as in not jaded by the 1000000x episodes that made me blase), I'd actually be kind of worried/depressed

chinlamp

Mar 10, 2009
You know, there are interviews where Tite Kubo was asked if he'd ever let movies of Bleach be made, and he said 'no, if I wanted to make movies, I would have pursued a career in screen-writing'.

So I have to wonder if Tite gave permission for this, or if Shonen Jump sold the rights without telling him.

Also, no matter what happens, this movie will disappoint. Let's say they're doing the Save Rukia arc. They won't do asian actors for the characters that should be asian, they won't go and find someone of Spanish descent who is incredibly tall for Chad (hell, I'll be surprised if they don't give the roll to Taylor Lautner), Ichigo won't have red hair, none of the four big breasted women will have big breasts (more if you count any of the shinigami on the hill, but I was just going with the ones that had more than one line, hell, they'll probably skip the whole shot into the Society by spirit firework), the swords will probably be all CGI and incredibly fake looking, they won't flesh out any of the background characters, because, let's face it, this movie will be about 90-120 minutes and be mostly fighting and the whole Aizen thing will probably be removed and Soul Society will simply be made to look evil because all of that is probably to convoluted (even though it is pretty straight forward) for an American audience to follow (Hollywood dumbs shit down, don't deny it).

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Gottesstrafe said:
Alright guys, time to play: Guess the Cast!

For the Akira remake it was rumored that for the roles of Kaneda and Tetsuo the actors Zac Efron and Robert Pattinson were cast respectively. For the Cowboy Bebop remake it was Keanu Reeves as Spike. For the Death Note remake it was speculated that Zac Efron (again) would play Light, Joe Jonas as L, Miley Cyrus as Misa, and the voice of James Woods as Ryuk.

Now it's time to guess who will be cast for Bleach!

I'll throw my votes behind Woody Harrelson as Urahara and Ray Park as Renji. Maybe even Ken Watanabe as Komamura (fursuit or CGI pending) and perhaps Jeff Bridges/Anthony Hopkins could be persuaded to shave his head and grow out a beard for the role of Head Captain Yamamoto?

Paragon Fury said:
Christina Hendricks for Matsumoto! Christina Hendricks for Matsumoto!
Seconded.
I guess she could play Orihime too, but I think she'd have more fun as Rangiku.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Worried? Nahhhh its nothing like that! It's more along the lines of thinking "Oh god why must this be inflicted upon us?"

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
So long as they cast it well I think this could work but no they suck.
I'm also for Christina Hendricks as Rangiku.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Why?

It's bad. Very bad. Focus on DC and a Deadpool movie and let this franchise go the way this franchise should: a spiraling flaming wreck that was destroyed at the hands of it's own creators. Also, I'm not a hateful guy, I just don't like this very much.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
CkretAznMan said:
...Yeah, this isn't going to work. Well, how about making the fans feel a little better by hiring Asian actors, Warner? They probably won't though.
They'll totally cast Mark Wahlberg as Ichigo.

OT: Yeah Warner Bros. would have to pay ME to see this inevitable POS.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
I don't know how they could possibly make it worse. Unless the fight, lose, train, fight, show off new level, win, repeat formula is broken up with a prom and trips to the mall.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Bit worried, but I love Bleach. So I'll still watch it. Will I enjoy it is a whole other matter. We'll see I suppose.

Sort of looking forwards to this I suppose.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
umm.. what? I would see it just for the laughs, A guy with orange hair killing giant CGI monsters with his oversized sword. I wonder what kind of story they would fit in a 2 hour movie, yeah, it will suck.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I long for this to come out simply because it can be added to my collection of horrible abomination of hollywood.