Warning: Green Man Gaming

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Like a lot of people, recently I have been lured over to Green Man Gaming for the great discounts on Steamworks Titles that can then be activated on Steam. As well as the great rewards for Reviews and Recommendations to Friends.

Everything was fine until out of the blue Green man changed their billing policy's locking your payment method to your account.

Myself and my wife have a joint Paypal account and this has never been an issue for Steam, Direct2Drive, Impulse, GamersGate, Amazon, eBay or Newegg.

We make tens of thousands of dollars worth of online purchases every year and never had an issue, until Green Man out of no where changed their billing options.

E-mail on the Green Man account must match the PayPal account.

No problem I thought, just switch e-mail when we want to buy something, a PITA but workable.

Nope... suddenly the PayPal account was locked to that account and that account alone. Trying to use it on either of our main accounts meant getting an error message.

Also when trying to pay with a Mastercard, they require a security code for a service we have never signed up for nor have activated... nor want activated, so we cannot pay with a card either.

When I contacted Green man support about this they were entirely unhelpful and basically gave me the message "Well it sucks to be you."

This is not a service in good faith that I can recommend to others. While caring about your customers account security is admirable, locking them out from being able to buy games on their legitimate accounts with legitimate payment methods is unacceptable, especially when support for the issue is anything but.

While this may not be an issue faced by many, their complete unwillingness to provide any form of support on the issue is disgusting.