WarThunder, is it good?

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
EDIT: This thread is now asking about WarThunder. What are the pros and cons of the game, anything I need to know(Something that's OP, The grind becomes steep at tier N, that kind of stuff) and how the beta is currently going. Thanks.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Bioshock is a great game and you should definitely play it. Greatest plot twist of all times, cool powers and yada yada. I pretty much consider it a must play.

Alpha Protocol is a shitty shooter, a questionable stealth game and one my favourite RPGs of all. If you want to play as a snarky agent, lie and manipulate your enemies, make impactful choices which might bite you in the ass... This is the game for. Keep in mind though, the combat is considered shoddy and pistols are broken. Might be game-breaker for you.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown is an amazing strategy game. Usually I avoid them like hell, but this one is incredibly fun and satisfying. The difficulties are well varied and suit casuals like me and the hardcore addicts.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
The gameplay in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is phenomenal. Amazingly fun to customize and keeps you playing for hours.

Dishonored is an amazing game. First person stealth, kinda like Thief. Extremely addicting.

Vanquish is a super fast-paced chaos and mayhem TPS. Also super fun gameplay.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Vanquish got a PC release? When?!

Edit: Damnit... Another game that is console only. I'd beg for Dragon's Dogma on pc.

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Amalur is an amazing game! The gameplay is brilliant, the levelling system is grand, and the story is actually half-decent overall, with some brilliant parts that ask quite deep questions (well, it gets me thinking about them!).

I think Bioshock is one of the few games to truly define this generation of gaming. It is absolutely fantastic in pretty much all respects, and is one game that everybody (or to be diplomatic, the vast majority of people) should play.

Them's be basic recommendations, if you need any more detail, especially about Amalur as I'm on yet another playthrough at the moment, just ask.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I would suggest World of Tanks and Hawken as a start, right now the best vehicle combat stuff you get on the market and it's both F2P, also takes quite a while to get the hang of their combat which makes it all the more rewarding to press on.

KoA - it's an MMO without people, combat is good on the players end but monsters offer no challenge or variety, they are just littered across the landscapes without rime or reason and swarm you randomly, story telling is horrible as is MMO standard, and characters are flat.

Hitman Absolution is a good game, just not as good in design as the old ones, for a newbie this might be just the right introduction and then you see if you want to take on the really brutal ones.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown, pretty damn great tactical shooter but even now severely buggy and you should just be prepared that some moves will fail catastrophically because that is how shit random works.
It is also worth mentioning that Enemy Unknown is the modern casual version of the originals so if you get really into it there is plenty more to go.

Max Payne 3, cutscene, artsy screen spazz gameplay, story cutscene, QTE, cutscene, more spazzing, QTE, QTE, cutscene,... enjoy

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I suggest you to check "Path of Exile" if you want to try something different for a change.
Just go to this site and read how this MMO works:

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
I have PoE, couldn't get into it after finishing the current content for the first time. Is chapter 3 up yet?

As for World of Tanks I could never gather enough patience for it after I reached tier 7 and noticed how fast my credits were drained. Is the game a bit easier on the grind nowadays?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
For the F2P shooter, go check out Warframe. Currently only in Beta, but it's kind of like a not as good Vanquish with multiplayer and space ninjas.

dmv

Jan 19, 2013
Anathrax said:
I'm bored... See the broken rules of gaming thread. Don't actually. I need a new game... A game that is...

A F2P FPS/TPS game that doesn't have you control a sloth like planetside 2, a game with barely any population on European servers like Tribes, or one of the 60 billion clones of each others such as AVA, CrossFire or Combat Arms... Something with a twist... like advanced movement(Let it be parkour such as Brink or Bunny Hopping like RTCW) or a furistic setting that the game makes good use of(Instead of an excuse to make other skins for an AK47 and call it ElectroWoodInfernoThingy).
SOMETHING. I'd take a good medieval FPS(?) if it's F2P.(I know it's a bit too much to ask)

I also need a few opinions on some games.

1) Kingdoms of Amalaur(I can overlook the story if the gameplay is good, which I hear it is)
2) Hitman Absolution(Coming from someone who has not played previous hitman games)
3) Xcom: Enemy Unknown(Have not played the previous games)
4) Max Payne 3(Coming from someone who HAS played the previous games)
...You know what, I'll enjoy just a good and long singleplayer mode that is somewhat recent(2008-Present). I'll overlook stories if the gameplay is good but not the other way around. Maybe Bioshock?
If you like the game please try and mention some problems so I don't go in expecting the greatest game ever.

Cheers.

Edit: Writing this has made me even more bored. I'd take a good F2P MMORPG... Is Tera any good?
For the f2p fps: Blacklight: Retribution or whatever patch it's on now.
Amalaur is decent.
Hitman absolution is designed for newer players
Xcom will be quite a bit of fun after you're over the learning curve.
Tera is meh. For all it's talk of an action based mmo, its skills are too stiff for an action game.

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Well here are some new ones that I've been playing that I really enjoyed.
Farcry3: Awesome game. Awesome gameplay, awesome plot. Theres quite a bit of parkor movement, and hang gliders make it fun and action packed.
Borderlands 2: Pretty crazy game with the best guns around. full of action and a few twists in the story.
I recomend those ones for you. They've been keeping me occupied for a good long while and will keep you occupied as well.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
If it's F2P you desire, you might want to check out what NCSoft has to offer. My fiancée plonked quite a few hours into the Star Trek Online.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Kingdoms of Amalaur:
Great game play, pretty good graphics, but the story/world is a bit thick...and even on 'hard' it's kind of easy.

Hitman Absolution:
Fun game, at least a 30USD title.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown:
Hard, requires thinking, and some good game play.
The story seems kind of 'meh'.

Max Payne 3:
A let down...
Not a bad game, but a letdown if you're a fan of the two previous games.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
amalur: great fun but starts to drag towards the end

hitman: you will prolly love it if you are not a diehard fanboy of the originals

max payne: you may be disappointed because it doesn't have the old kickass max from the old games. still a great game

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Besides planetside 2 the only FPS games Im aware of that are also Free to play are Blacklight: Retribution (which takes customization to crazy good levels) and Gotham city imposters (that is crazy awesome in a silly way). Theyre both free to play so check them out and come to your own conclusions

There are two 3rd person shooters Im aware of that are also free to play. The first being Super monday night combat (think LOL as a 3PS) and has a very humorous aesthetic. Then there is Warframe which is in beta and I cant say much about it at this time. There may be another beta key still floating around out there if you go looking

A decent spatial combat free to play MMO is Raiderz so check that one out too

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
RaiderZ is going to take a while to get into. I'm liking Amalur and Xcom got my brain up and running. I might actually begin to like RTS. I'm still looking for a good F2P FPS/TPS. Forget the restrictions in the original post(Aside from Planetsloth and tribes), anything would be good now.

StashAugustine

Jan 21, 2012
Xcom is the best thing ever. I really enjoyed Max Payne as a fan of the previous two, but I seem to be the only one.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Max Payne 3 is an excellent game, but be aware that the tone is a bit less noire and more blockbuster, and that there is a very heavy gameplay-to-cutscene ratio. Good cutscenes, mind.