Watch 5 Minutes of Simpsons/Family Guy Crossover

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Triaed said:
Smilomaniac said:
"This content is currently unavailable". I don't know if that means server stress or if the video is just unavailable to anyone outside the US. I hope you can provide an alternative link :)
Use a little plug-in called "Hola" it changes your location but only for one of your browser tabs, so it is not a full proxy server. Quite handy!

OT: I came here to see what "Peter: 'It may have been 'inspired by' Duff, but I'd like to think it goes in a different direction.' - GET IT???)" quote meant... but I still do NOT get it.

Also, Bob Belcher FTW!
I think they're commenting on the "Family Guy is a Simpsons ripoff" idea.

OT: I'm happy with it so far, but apparently I don't have such high standards either.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I still can't put my finger on it, but i think one of the many reasons why i've disliked The Simpsons for the last several episodes is due to the voice acting, they sound different, that combined with worse writing just kinda kills the show for me. As it has been the case with most Simpsons related material since the movie, i only smiled vaguely once (Clevelands "no no no" always makes me smile^^). Atleast it tells me that i don't need to check out any new seasons of either Family Guy or Simpsons.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Happiness Assassin said:
That Bob's Burgers/Cleveland joke was quite good. The rape joke... not so much. Overall it looks like an above average Family Guy episode. May give it a watch.
Same here, also did Peter beat up a bunch of kids before they enter the bus? (there're unconscious kids on the grass when the two entered the bus)?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Family Guy was the worst part of that entire five minute clip to me, it felt unwelcome (as I imagined it should) to have this crossover even come together, it's not funny, and honestly, The Simpsons provides me with more genuine laughs still than Family Guy has in a very long time.

With maybe a joke or two here and there to make me smile, and even laugh at a point, you get the Cutaway gag not working for me until Cleveland and Bob Belcher show up; the rape line not being funny to me at all (and sometimes it can be funny, George Carlin has a bit about it, so it can be done) and the fight scene left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Homer becoming violent, when we really don't have context, seems way too stylized and ridiculous, honestly. I know he has his tendencies (I grew up watching him choke Bart), but the fighting really feels off.

I'm glad we have a generation that can finally get over the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover stuff, but I'd be more interested in the Futurama/Simpsons crossover, honestly.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I think they're commenting on the "Family Guy is a Simpsons ripoff" idea.

OT: I'm happy with it so far, but apparently I don't have such high standards either.
Ah, I get it, we are going back a decade to when FG first came out and people compared it to the Simpson... Yeah, they took it in a different way :)

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Aside from the one self-referential gag about the Cleveland show bombing (which got a mild smirk), that was one of the worse things I've ever seen.

darthdenim

Jul 10, 2014
It's okay, I guess.

A lot of the jokes are really obvious.

The whole thing seems like empty fanfiction.