Watch an Hour of Star Wars: Battlefront III Gameplay

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
You know, my very first post on this website was me lamenting the fact that battlefront 3 still hadn't come out. That was over a year ago now. Sigh.

Well, I can still hope that they'll come to their senses eventually.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
If they had finished making this game, I would still have a lot of trouble playing it unless I could disable the over the shoulder view.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
why on earth would anyone want to cancel this? it looks great (apart from being unfinished) and being in the battlefront series it was guaranteed to sell like hot cakes. Is LA allergic to money or something?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I think the following should express my feelings about this:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Wait wait wait.

If there was a leak, doesn't that mean the files are somewhere and still exist?

Then we shall find them, fix the bugs and finish it, then release it unto the internet for free.

Thank god for the internet.
I'd have to agree here, put it online, millions of downloads, LucasArts would be powerless to stop that many people. Even if the law was on their side it would be a PR nightmare.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
*Sob*

DAMN IT This made me remember the eurogamer article again about how Lucas Arts basically BULLIED Free Radical into bankruptcy. I'm angry and sad all over again...

Battlefront II was the game that properly got me into gaming... having Battlefront III would mean so much to me.

If only we had Kickstarter back then.

The worst thing is that BFIII is apparently being worked on (all over again)now by some third-rate developer...

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
Battlefront 1 and 2 were among my favorite games to play as a kid with my brother. The fact that 3 got canceled saddens me greatly.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
O_O
I need to find my ps2 stat and play SWBF2 again. NOW! I used to own at that game..... I miss thee!

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
I've been keeping an eye on the recent slew of Escapist articles on this.

I would call Lucas Arts evil, but this is worse than evil. EA is evil. But this? Evil at least covets what it does not have. It at least sees the worth of a thing, and will try to take rather than destroy. But what Lucas Arts has done to Free Radical and the Battlefront series, and to an only somewhat lesser extent Star Wars in general... the mindless grey-eyed roughshod trampling of something great and beautiful as if they never knew it was there and wouldn't have cared or understood had they even noticed...

It's horrible.

Even EA doesn't kill with so much blindness.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Yet another story of how AAA publishers don't give a damn about the final product, only the money behind it. Yes, business is business, but only to a point. Anyone that knows anything about the death of this game knows the Lucas Arts made the EA of today look like Valve.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
So Boba Fett dancing off to the YMCA (which while kinda funny, nobody really cared about it) and more "Not-quite-movie-canon" games that nobody asked for are perfectly fine but they won't release a game based on the movies that people have been clammering for for years.
I see we have smart people working at Lucas Arts...

Also, what happened to your old adventure games like Grim Fandango and Monkey Island?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
After finding out what Lucasarts did to Battlefront 3, I made an oath never to buy another Lucasart game until they make a proper sequel.

Curse you, Lucasarts, for your sudden and avoidable betrayal. CURSE YOU.