Watch: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Adam Jensen 2.0 Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Adam Jensen 2.0 Trailer

In a new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer, we get a look at how Adam Jensen has "evolved" since Human Revolution.

Square Enix and Eidos Montréal have released a new trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which showcases the evolution of protagonist Adam Jensen, dubbed 'Adam Jensen 2.0.' The new and improved Jensen is described as a covert operative "forced to operate in a world that has grown to despise his kind."

The trailer gives us a look at the Titan shield and Jensen's "arsenal" of gun-arm augmentations, including the Tesla, the Nanoblade, and the PEPS. Weapons and augmentations can be switched quickly in order to compliment combat, non-lethal, and stealth gameplay. The trailer also gives us a look at a couple of Mankind Divided's locations.

Each of the games bosses are able to be defeated using either combat, stealth, or wits [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141797-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-Boss-Fights-Have-Multiple-Approaches]. "It's all about supporting all the different play aspects," stated gameplay director Patrick Fortier. "That was the main thing that was missing from the boss fights. Thematically, I think they were interesting, but certain players found a challenge there that wasn't really catered to them."

A controversial pre-order system for the game was cancelled earlier this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142674-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-Augment-Your-Pre-order-canceled] following complaints that the program's tiers would only become available as pre-order sales reached pre-determined, yet undivulged, targets.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 23, 2016, and will feature a New Game Plus mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141988-New-Game-Plus-Confirmed-For-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided].

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I have to say, those are some sick graphics. Hopefully TressFX won't kill framerate too much on the PC. It looks like NPC's have it too.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Looking good so far. The arm guns look interesting, reminded me of Bioshock 2's style. Could be fun.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
He seems too OP honestly.
Invisibility + multi homing missile stun weapons?
looks great though.

9tailedflame

Oct 8, 2015
I'm glad they did away with the ridiculous pre-order stunt. The series should have proven itself so above that kind of thing by now.

Anyway, i'm really looking forward to it!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Stupidity said:
He seems too OP honestly.
Invisibility + multi homing missile stun weapons?
looks great though.
I'm sure you will have to build into it slowly like the first game, since these are new implants. And it will cost energy which will be a limited resource, just like the first game. I dunno, I don't see the OPness, compared to the original. I remember being able to stack invis+silent running+sprint and just bypass like, everything and they'd never know it. It was pretty OP in itself.

OT: Still looks good, and I'm still loving the Michael McCann soundtrack. I might have to break my rule and buy this on release date for full price. Oh the internal struggle! xD

9tailedflame said:
I'm glad they did away with the ridiculous pre-order stunt. The series should have proven itself so above that kind of thing by now.

Anyway, i'm really looking forward to it!
Pretty sure the development team had nothing to do with that. That's a marketing thing, from up top. The group making the game were likely too busy actually making the game to have any input on that stuff.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Looks a lot like an average shooter with above average graphics. I know that stealth doesn't make for an exciting trailer but I certainly hope there will still be a lot of that. Human Revolutions really felt more like a stealth game with all the fun RPG aspects, so I'm hoping to see more of that in the sequel.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Sheo_Dagana said:
Looks a lot like an average shooter with above average graphics. I know that stealth doesn't make for an exciting trailer but I certainly hope there will still be a lot of that. Human Revolutions really felt more like a stealth game with all the fun RPG aspects, so I'm hoping to see more of that in the sequel.
From the gameplay footage they've released so far, it appears to be more of the same from Human Revolution. Meaning lots of sneakiness possibilities. In fact, with some of the new abilities you have, I'd say it's going to be easier to be sneaky, as you can do a lot more things remotely, and you've got a distance covering teleport power to help you move from cover to cover in less time.

I totally hyped for it myself, and look forward to the release.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
and you've got a distance covering teleport power to help you move from cover to cover in less time.
I'm really not sure how to feel about that, some of the abilities are starting to look like Metal Gear Solid's Nanomachines, son? instead of the somewhat "plausable" cyberpunk scifi stuff we got in the previous games. I guess it's more flashy because the developers have new toys this console generation, but cool and ridiculous are getting real close to each other.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hm... Voiceover sounded kind of cheesy but whatevs. Looks pretty good.

Honestly, it reminds me of the first Crysis trailer, a little strangely enough.

https://youtu.be/xvfVmlVcnJI?t=10s