Watch Dogs 2 Delayed 2 Weeks on PC

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch Dogs 2 Delayed 2 Weeks on PC

System requirements revealed.

Ubisoft announced today [http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-2-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/] that Watch Dogs 2 is being delayed two weeks on PC, giving that version of the game a release date of November 29. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game are set to release on November 15.

The announcement was made in a blog post, where Ubisoft stated that the additional time will be used to focus on "PC-specific enhancements, including support for full 4K resolution with Ultra Textures and Extra Details options; an uncapped framerate; and a host of other features and options specifically requested by the Watch Dogs 2 community." The delay is expected to give the PC version enough time "for additional polish and will help ensure the game runs smoothly across a broad range of PC hardware."

In addition the system requirements were revealed, which you can check out below:

MINIMUM

Supported OS - (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor
Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz | AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz

RAM
6GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better

Hard Disk Space
50 GB

Peripherals
Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One Controller, Dual Shock 4 Controller

Multiplayer
256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

RECOMMENDED

Supported OS - (64-bit versions only)
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor
Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM
8GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better

Hard Disk Space
50 GB

Peripherals
Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One controller, Dual Shock 4 controller

Multiplayer
256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

[gallery=6573]

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
In other words:

"We'll make sure it has DRM, on top of being another rush job of a port"
It's not a secret that I don't think highly about Ubisoft.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ah yes, forgot that this is coming out soon.
well, part 1 wasnt terrible but certainly uninspiring. and yes, the port sucked. even on lowest setting the game ran like crap. after an upgrade, the game ran smoothly but still had some issues but at least i could play it.

i see first how this turns out before i make any decision to purchase it. the port may still suck the way i know ubi.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Shocked.

I'm so shocked.

Also wasn't the first one delayed for the same reasons? I think so, I can't keep track given how many times PC games have been delayed for some reason or another.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I just can't.... bring myself to remember this game is even a thing unless I am actively reading about it. Not a good sign, Ubi, not a a good sign. And I didn't even dislike the first one. I just feel this franchise is uninspired.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm fine with this. In fact they don't even have to release it. Watch Dogs is the most cringeworthy game that I've ever played. And the design philosophy behind it is absolutely atrocious. Sequel looks even worse.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I'd ask what the score on delayed ubi pc releases is at now, but I think people stopped counting after they hit infinity.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
[sub]I enjoyed Watch_Dogs.[/sub]

[sub][sub]I'm actually kind of looking forward to WD2.[/sub][/sub]

[sub][sub][sub]Please, don't hurt me.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

All kidding aside, I haven't built up to quite the level of reflexive disgust with Ubisoft that I have with EA or Activision. I'm not going to rush to pre-order WD2, but I think there were definitely some things in W_D that could be a strong foundation to build upon.

The big things I'd ask would be to make the jumping/mantling more elegant, not to release footage that looks nothing like the final product, and if we're going to have to deal with helicopters, don't make us have to get out of a car and look up in order to hack them.

Oh, and on less of a "mechanics" line and more of a "bounds of propriety and/or good taste" line: your new character's clothing is not "iconic", and it would be nice if you could restrain yourself to three or fewer editions, especially in the digital sphere.

Otherwise... Open-world game with hacking. Sounds fun. Try not to screw that up, and we'll talk.