Watch Dogs Preview Event Attendees Given a Free Nexus 7 - Update

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I'm surprised people care so much. They hand out swag at tech events all time. Moreover, it's a Nexus 7. Most of those journalists probably already own a tablet or a much pricier iPad. They're not gonna sit there reviewing Watch Dogs and turn over to their glorious $200 tablet and suddenly remember they owe Ubisoft a good review. There are plenty of sites that have blatantly biased opinions cause their job depends on it. If the game sucks and there's no consequence to giving Ubisoft a bad review, then they'll give it a shit review

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
i don't know, i didn't automatically assume "bribery" here. my thought was that the tablets were part of the "theme" of the tech-based narrative of the game. sure, it's an expensive gift, but i'm not sure it was meant to alter perceptions. I'm willing to bet that the graphical downgrade will still be a point of contention among game reviewers, as it was a major bull-shot.

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
Seriously, whats the big deal? I'd take a dozen of those tablets if I could, trade them for hookers and blow, and then write a shitty review anyway, if I thought game was shit.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
oh yeah it was a mistake, someone went and BY MISTAKE bought god knows how many tablets with the company's credit card