Watch Dogs Release Date Set For May 27

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Lightknight said:
BiH-Kira said:
And Ubisoft just forfeited any right to complain about the sales of the WiiU version.
Considering that they said that the WiiU version is still possible in 2014, it's safe to say it will release end of 2014 at best but more likely sometimes in 2015.
So releasing it 7 or more months later, they will be lucky if it sells more than 20 copies considering that everyone who wants it will have it on some of the other 5 platforms.

I'm getting a feeling that they actually want the WiiU version to sell like crap only to be able to complain.
hah, who cares about the sales of the WiiU version? The PS4 has already outsold it (5.84 million to 5.78 million according to VGCharts) and the WiiU only has one non-Nintendo IP that has sold even more than 500k units and that's the ZombieU which was a launch title and has only sold 640k units.

The PS4 has four non-Sony titles already over 1 million with another 3 already over 500k and this has only been a few months.

Even the XBO has already smashed 3rd party sales and it hasn't outsold the WiiU yet. These aren't even five full months in yet.

They could literally not finish the game and it may even save money for doing so depending on how much it would cost. This is why 3rd party is jumping ship.
Indeed.
Lets completely ignore the fact that literally every single game had a reather big downside compared to the same game on any other platform.
Like the game being a really shitty 1 year late port of a last game in a trilogy with missing features and selling at full, $60, price, while the whole trilogy is being released 2 weeks before at a $40 price with all DLC and no missing features.

The games sold on the WiiU like shit because the games are shit. While would I buy Deus Ex: HR for the WiiU for $50 when I can get the game and the DLC with all the improvements for less than $10 on steam, GMG or Amazon for PC?
Why would I buy Batman when it's missing online and the announced DLC are being canned despite being sold as a season pass?
ZombiU sold badly because it was reviewed by idiots who don't understand the difference between survival horror and CoD's zombie mod so they gave the game low scores.

What 3rd part game on the WiiU is good? The only good 3rd party game is MH3U. (Wonderful 101 excluded because it's basically a Nintendo game, paid by Nintendo, controlled by Nintendo)

So yeah, shame on the WiiU and the user for not eating shit. How dare they not buy the awful ports shat out by 3rd rate no name developer while the game for the other platforms is made by 1st rate developer.

Now that I think about it, only Aliens: Colonial Marines is better on the WiiU than on other consoles.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Wait, why are only PS3/PS4 boxes shown at the end? Is it that there's just some extra stuff in for them or are they releasing the other versions later?

edit: Never mind, looked at their UbiBlog, May 27th is the release date for all platforms but WiiU (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC)

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Setting aside the tired "loved one murdered; stubbly white guy out for revenge" plot for a second, does anyone else think this footage just looks really bad, graphically speaking? Like, this looks like GTA IV, which looked good in 2008. This is supposed to be the first real next-gen heavy hitter, so why does it look completely unimpressive? I remember it looking better than this, and this is stuff from the PS4 version, so did Ubisoft pull a Colonial Marines, or what?

This is the second trailer I've seen for a next-gen game that would've looked par for the course two years ago. Not a great sign.
Yeah, I did notice the lower graphics as well. They kinda went up and down, the first few seconds of footage are awful, then it looks decent later on, but nothing to the level of the reveal trailers that had some amazing graphics. Maybe we're seeing a lower resolution/details PC version or something, but I can't imagine why they would do that...

I don't think it's gonna get to the level of Alien though. Not even close. At worst, I expect the reveal trailer graphics will be available on PCs with mad specs only.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Been looking forward to this one for quite a while, good thing that we finally have a release date set in stone.

Now the bad part is having to wait for it. A lot of games to play 'till that day hits so I guess it won't be all that bad.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Mcoffey said:
does anyone else think this footage just looks really bad, graphically speaking?
Vrach said:
Yeah, I did notice the lower graphics as well.
Yeah, I noticed them too yesterday and my boyfriend just sent me this neogaf link
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780290

According to the thread, the nice looking shots are from E3 and the comparison shots are from the ps4 version.