Watch: Pianist Plays Super Mario Bros Medley on a Custom NES Piano

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: Pianist Plays Super Mario Bros Medley on a Custom NES Piano

And the bench is a freaking controller!

Composer and pianist Sonya Belousova and producer and director Tom Grey are the pair that make up Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIwH4ubfkRWep6ZkmRG8Gg].

The newest video from the YouTube duo features Belousova perched upon an NES controller bench playing a Super Mario Bros. melody on an amazing custom built NES-styled piano. The thing even has A/V plugs. The video ends with Belousova hilariously blowing off the keys (disclaimer: seriously, though, do NOT blow on your consoles or cartridges).

If watching the performance wasn't enough for you, you can always subscribe to the Player:piano YouTube channel for a chance to win the piano, which will be given away when the channel reaches one million subscribers.

The video was dedicated to Satoru Iwata, president and CEO of Nintendo who passed away earlier this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141536-Nintendo-President-Satoru-Iwata-Dies] from a growth in his bile duct.

You can see some amazing close up shots of the piano and bench in the teaser trailer and gallery below.

[gallery=4466]

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Anyone else willing to admit super mario bros and the entire mario world, while genre defining were actually mediocre games and didn't really play that big of a role in their lives? And that all this "geek" pandering is just a way for many entertainers to stay relevant (not that that's inherently wrong.) I mean, I remember playing duck hunt more than I played mario.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
I was never a Nintendo person myself, always been PC/Playstation. Which turned out to be the right selection.

Nov 28, 2007
crepesack said:
Anyone else willing to admit super mario bros and the entire mario world, while genre defining were actually mediocre games and didn't really play that big of a role in their lives? And that all this "geek" pandering is just a way for many entertainers to stay relevant (not that that's inherently wrong.) I mean, I remember playing duck hunt more than I played mario.
Super Mario World is one of the two games that I first owned. It may not have played much of a role in your life, but without SMW, I would most likely not have gotten into games to the degree I did. Don't conflate your gaming experiences with everyone else's.