Watch the Dante's Inferno Super Bowl Spot Now

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
They really should have just had 30 seconds of close-up floppy demon wang with 'floooo-peeee de-mon waaaang, floooo-peeee de-mon waaaang' being chanted throughout.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I got this weird vibe that I rewatching the ending to "the One," where the evil Jet Li went to the eternal prison world. You can almost dub "I'm nobody's *****" over Dante when he starts kicking the legions of Hell's ass.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Ooo I like that song. Anyone know what that is?

And about the trailer, that seems pretty interesting. I like the way it was done and it didn't seem offensive or anything.

Actually makes me rethink my decision to pass that game up.

ScarletScapegrace

Oct 4, 2009
If I were to watch this commercial without any previous knowledge of the game (which I will assume millions will be this Super Bowl), I'd think "Girl gets taken to hell and shirtless medieval dude follows to get her back. And it's 'Dante's Inferno'? Huh, who knew they'd make a game of that. It looks okay-ish and not too offensive." Nothing to say for everything else they left out which is has been central to their advertising thus far.

I'm foreseeing a few instances where parents will walk in on their precious little child scythe-ing unbaptized babies spawned from Cleo's nips and give the expected reaction.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
John Funk said:
EA had a chance here to make the furor over Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" look like a polite Sunday School discussion, and they dropped the ball. Though, knowing some audiences, directly telling everybody watching to "Go to Hell" might be enough on its own.
You do realize that this is the same ad committee that rejected a GoDaddy.com commercial because it made an abortion reference?

Ever since Jackson couldn't keep it in her shirt, PC is the rule of the day when it comes to the Superbowl. You can't air anything that even remotely has the possibility of making religious, women's rights, and/or minority rights groups *****.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Virgil said:
John Funk said:
Though, knowing some audiences, directly telling everybody watching to "Go to Hell" might be enough on its own.
Except they're not allowed to show it. CBS rejected the ad [http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/ea-dantes-inferno-super-bowl-ad-.html] with that tagline, so it's being changed for the actual commercial to "Hell Awaits".
wow that old ad was much, much better. the new one is blah in every form of the word. they should have just kept the ad and changed the tag line.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
El Poncho said:
The big demon schlong and vagina monsters put me off. I don't want my family walking in while I am being beat to death with a deadly penis.
Heh, it might certainly raise questions XD

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I liked it. It wasen't to flashy, but it certainly got the idea and main plot of the story and the music in it wasen't bad to listen to either.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
One tweak they can make for this commercial is to have the M rating show at the beginning, as well as the end. Just to make sure some irresponsible parents get the message, because I doubt they'll pay attention long enough to notice.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Virgil said:
John Funk said:
Though, knowing some audiences, directly telling everybody watching to "Go to Hell" might be enough on its own.
Except they're not allowed to show it. CBS rejected the ad [http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/ea-dantes-inferno-super-bowl-ad-.html] with that tagline, so it's being changed for the actual commercial to "Hell Awaits".
Damn, beaten to it. I was going to post that.

But yes, they're not airing it unless they change the tagline.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
josh797 said:
Virgil said:
John Funk said:
wow that old ad was much, much better. the new one is blah in every form of the word. they should have just kept the ad and changed the tag line.
That wasn't the real ad, it was a trailer... (It wasn't 30 seconds and would've been like $10 million)...

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Poopie McGhee said:
josh797 said:
That wasn't the real ad, it was a trailer... (It wasn't 30 seconds and would've been like $10 million)...
Oh no, you're thinking linearly. 100+ seconds of Super Bowl airtime would probably be closer to $50 million at least. They'd charge extra for the privilege of blocking other advertisers who otherwise would have access to those 30 second blocks.

But yes, the trailer is much better. The 30 second ad isn't bad, but they invested a majority of their resources in licensing that song alone, a song which makes the central focus of the ad about Beatrice and the impending darkness. Not nearly as indicative of hell as I would have thought.

EA... come on... so you fired a bazillion people, and then what? Did ya balls drop off or something?

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
I expected something superbowl related...
This is your average every-game trailer, nothing special which we got used to... :(

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
A bit of heavy metal would've suited better, like the Clash of the Titans Ad.

Wouldn't make me go out and buy it, but I'm going to already. The demo sold me on that.