Watch The Jaw-Dropping Furious 7 Trailer Here

Keji Goto

Nov 28, 2012
This is how you build hype? More like this is how you milk the highly public death of an actor and combine it with jaw droppingly stupid action to pander to audiences that have proven time and time again they will happily shell out for any nonsense as long as doesn't require any kind of intelligent thought at all. Heck that this time Fast and Furious, or whatever they're calling it these days, just seems to be getting off to itself and whoever is cast in the movie. Oh man did you see that sweet stunt where the cars jumped out of a plane then parachuted onto the street? 12 year old me so would have loved that!

I spent most of the trailer wondering why on Earth if anyone had that kind of money they'd bother with driving around in the first place. Yea I've got these prisoners I want to keep out of the hands of a group of highly trained car... drivers... so I'mm gonna stick them on a bus with mounted mini guns, a ton of a security, and hope this plays out far better than it did in X-Men 3: Last Stand. At that point why not just put them on a plane or some place else where cars can't get to them thus completely rendering this crew useless? Oh right, because then you wouldn't get stupid action scenes that were clearly designed before any story was forced in which of course left no room for realism or even common sense.

I will never understand what anyone sees in this franchise.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Christ.....remember when these films were about street racing?
Yup these movies jumped the shark around 4 films ago.

Than again you have The Transporter going up against the former Ricer crew so that could at least be interesting.

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
The most important news here is that they're continuing the tradition of every movie in this series changing the title in a different way. I originally saw this movie announced as "Fast & Furious 7", which just would've ruined everything. D:

The Fast and the Furious (the classic)
2 Fast 2 Furious (every sequel should take advantage of the two/too homophone)
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (subtitles are in this year)
Fast & Furious (drop the "the", it's cleaner. also, partial reboot)
Fast Five (gettin tired of these long titles. and I miss numbers, can we bring those back, please?)
Fast & Furious 6 (let's get that ampersand back, I liked that little guy)

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Eh no. This is horrible.
I enjoyed The Fast and the Furious but it is the only decent film in this franchise.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Keji Goto said:
This is how you build hype? More like this is how you milk the highly public death of an actor and combine it with jaw droppingly stupid action to pander to audiences that have proven time and time again they will happily shell out for any nonsense as long as doesn't require any kind of intelligent thought at all. Heck that this time Fast and Furious, or whatever they're calling it these days, just seems to be getting off to itself and whoever is cast in the movie. Oh man did you see that sweet stunt where the cars jumped out of a plane then parachuted onto the street? 12 year old me so would have loved that!

I spent most of the trailer wondering why on Earth if anyone had that kind of money they'd bother with driving around in the first place. Yea I've got these prisoners I want to keep out of the hands of a group of highly trained car... drivers... so I'mm gonna stick them on a bus with mounted mini guns, a ton of a security, and hope this plays out far better than it did in X-Men 3: Last Stand. At that point why not just put them on a plane or some place else where cars can't get to them thus completely rendering this crew useless? Oh right, because then you wouldn't get stupid action scenes that were clearly designed before any story was forced in which of course left no room for realism or even common sense.

And no one will ever care

I kid, I kid, you're pretty much right.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Keji Goto said:

Mmm, pretty sure you should stick to not watching action films. If "making sense" is a necessary category, well... The scenes were ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that's the whole point. Nitpicking and questioning the audience's intelligence? Yeah, 16-year-old me would love that, too. Sometimes there's entertainment that doesn't take much thinking to get through.

Like the majority of what this website covers. Y'know, games?

Aaaanyhow.

OT:
Yep, looks silly. Will probably see it, although probably not in in a theater (unless nothing else worthwhile is playing).

Nathaniel Grey

Dec 18, 2013
Keji Goto said:

Woooowwww. Hater alert! Hater alert!

Amazing trailer nevertheless.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Haven't they said this is the "last ride" for like the last 3 movies now?

Anyway, doesn't matter, I enjoy the hell out of the Fast and Furious films. Shut off brain, enjoy ride, great way to kill 105 minutes.

BUUUUUUTTTTTTTT, very disappointed that Jason Statham is just Owen Shaw's brother! I thought he was going to be Frank Martin from the Transporter!

LordFeast58

Mar 17, 2011
Keji Goto said:

You never understand what anyone sees in this franchise and you probably never will, but I'm still curious about a person who hasn't yet explain his taste for movie genre overall. You already know the franchise and you saw the trailer, so an obvious explanation is already struck in the head on what kind of movies it represents to people. It doesn't need no question mark anymore. I don't like PewDiePie, and I don't like Transformers but I do like this franchise for some reason, that it's going to be a long pain the butt to explain why.

I don't know why somebody want to compare this movie to X-Men: The Last Stand, considering that the difference is huge. Sure it's consider the end of the 'trilogy' but that's about it. If you want "realism" go find a dozen other movies that offers that. I don't give a care about realism and betting that majority of people don't care about it either. The trailer that show the action and the positive reaction is dang obvious, duh. That's all there is to it.

I never like this phrase but I will be the one to use it, "This Is 2014". You don't have to dig deeper more than you need it to be and it's also not the worst thing in the world either. It's just a fun (stupid, if you want to think it) action movie and it can be shown as a tribute to Paul Walker, so pay some respect if you haven't yet.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
You know, it took me a while to warm up to this franchise... but now I am on board. It was fun and earnest in a way many movies (even those in the genre of dumb action movies) are not.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
Mr.Tea said:
vagabondwillsmile said:
BUT - this briefly brought me back in - did anyone else think that Kurt Russell sounded just like David Hayter as Solid Snake towards the end of the preview?
Kurt Russel was Snake Plissken in Escape From New York well before Metal Gear Solid was a thing; It's likely that Russel's performance inspired Hayter's in the first place.
Yah, that's I mean. That's why it would be perfect. :p MGS wore its inspiration from Escape from New York on its sleeve and touted it proudly. It was just surprisin in the preview that Russell sounded more like the MGScharacter he inspired than he did playing the role of Pliskin.

OT: One thing that really bothers me about these movies and movies like them, is star power. At the time the first film released only Vin Diesel was at the level of instantly recognizable super star. Later though, the stars just got in their own way. It happens in every movie Tom Cruise is in. He's not an amazing actor - he is an amazing performer. There's a difference. Daniel Day Lewis is an example of an amazing actor. It doesn't matter who he actually is, every second he's on screen, he is the character. The Rock can't escape being the The Rock. He's there so the audience can gush over The Rock doing a thing. Nothing against him, but his character is always him just being called another name.

I know it's subjective and the notion may even seem to be at odds with my desire for Russell the play Snake in the MGS series; in movies this is often a problem for me.

And where the first movie was relatively grounded with a fantastic-but-plausible story, relatable characters, and understandable motivations, with cool cars and real drivers doing cool practical things, the later films are mess. Physics means nothing. Less real stunts, less practical effects, more ridiculousness. It's bigger, flashier mess with less to care about than ever before.