Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Zhukov said:
11-minute "gameplay video."

9:30 minutes of cutscene.

Less than one minute of gameplay.

Yep, this is MGS alright.

EDIT: Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere.
Ninja, please. That joke's pretty obvious for a Metal Gear title.

OP: I look forward to seeing more of this. Also, I'm guessing it's time I finally play Peace Walker.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
Zhukov said:
worldfest said:
And for all of those other comments, SCREW PC. I don't know how it was four years ago, but in this age, serious gamers use "market" consoles. Who the hell wastes time upgrading their PC each year, and only enough to put settings on Uber High -- and just to match their console counterparts.

DEVELOPERS ARE MAKING GAMES FOR CONSOLES. That should be enough for us consumers to take a hint -- that the PC will always get the hand-me down, lesser-man's, younger brother's port. Unless of course, you play an online MMO, then you're life's already screwed.
I can't tell if you're being sincere or not.

Either way, people are probably going to get annoyed at you.
Thanks for understanding the gist of my argument about Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero-zzzzz. I'm glad you thought I was right! He really does look like Big Boss. Of course, I will concede that some cutscenes were alright.

...sarcasm.

But seeing as how PC gamers are the most Tolerant, Educated, and Superior Patriarchs of gaming, my lowly muckraking comments should fly right below their radar.

But seriously, I was being serious. And if we don't slap down those PC gamers (figuratively speaking) every time a console game is announced (let alone hyped with a short video), then they'll unleash a torrent of threads wining about how unfair the industry is toward them and in its direction as a whole. As if no one in digital media likes making $.

After that, real gaming critics and journalists have to waste their hours writing articles about the obvious changing conditions in video games instead of why SquareEnix hasn't a clue what to do in selling Final Fantasy to western audiences.

Ripple effect.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
Rednog said:
Run it on a PC and yet it will never see the light of day for PC gamers, I hate you video game industry...I hate you so very much.
Apparently it will be for PC

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366056/confirmed-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-current-gen-set-for-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc/

But who knows, I recall them saying that Rising was supposed to be PC.
I can't wait to play this on PC. It looks like it will be pretty good.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
worldfest said:
And for all of those other comments, SCREW PC. I don't know how it was four years ago, but in this age, serious gamers use "market" consoles. Who the hell wastes time upgrading their PC each year, and only enough to put settings on Uber High -- and just to match their console counterparts.

DEVELOPERS ARE MAKING GAMES FOR CONSOLES. That should be enough for us consumers to take a hint -- that the PC will always get the hand-me down, lesser-man's, younger brother's port. Unless of course, you play an online MMO, then you're life's already screwed.
worldfest said:
But seeing as how PC gamers are the most Tolerant, Educated, and Superior Patriarchs of gaming, my lowly muckraking comments should fly right below their radar.

But seriously, I was being serious. And if we don't slap down those PC gamers (figuratively speaking) every time a console game is announced (let alone hyped with a short video), then they'll unleash a torrent of threads wining about how unfair the industry is toward them and in its direction as a whole. As if no one in digital media likes making $.

After that, real gaming critics and journalists have to waste their hours writing articles about the obvious changing conditions in video games instead of why SquareEnix hasn't a clue what to do in selling Final Fantasy to western audiences.

Ripple effect.
I don't know where to start here.
Ok right off the bat, what's wrong with the PC gamer comments here? They're saying they wish the game was on PC, why does that offend you?
Another thing. You are not helping matters by being a complete asshole and insulting people. No, "serious" gamers don't buy consoles exclusively, "serious" gamers buy whatever the fuck they want and don't care what anyone thinks.
Being a console fanboy and completely ignoring the PC as a system does nothing for your argument. It just shows that you are ignorant and have nothing to defend your view other than your bias towards PC gamers.
I have consoles and a PC and I can tell you that objectively the PC has a number of advantages over consoles, and VICE VERSA. For one, a massive number of exclusive games. So no, consoles aren't the only way for "serious" gamers to play.
Look man, just stop being so ignorant please. You clearly now absolutely nothing about PC gaming, but just simply realize that PC gaming is a viable way to play video games, and many people prefer it for its numerous advantages.
And your scenario is ridiculous, you imply that developers spend so much time writing articles about why they don't cater to PC gaming that they lose out development time on games? As if they don't have fucking PR departments, or as if it doesn't take 5 seconds to write a paragraph to explain why they don't want to work on PC? You're being majorly hyperbolic here and creating a false problem.
PC gamers are allowed to be upset that certain console games are not going to be on their system, just as console gamers are allowed to do the opposite. This shouldn't upset you like it does.

And don't go looking to bait people into flamewars like you have here, it's impolite and childish. I get it, you don't like PC gamers, but don't let that get in the way of common sense here.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
I wonder whats the significance of that child. He kinda looks like Snake, BUT most likely, I think it's Chico from Peacewalker.

By the way people, there's an 14 minute EXTENDED version video on IGN, it's only by 3-4 minutes or so, but it's still worth a look. :)

http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-extended-14-minute-demo

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Bat Vader said:
I can't wait to play this on PC. It looks like it will be pretty good.
It's probably too much to hope for, but I'd be happy if they could make it fairly well optimized and use DX11 features. But, you know, Japanese PC games >.>

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Where the hell is gameplay? I want my money back.

Yeah it looked pretty but was uninteresting overall. Guess you have to had played the previous games to get something from it.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
sethisjimmy said:
worldfest said:

worldfest said:

Ripple effect.
Ok right off the bat, what's wrong with the PC gamer comments here? They're saying they wish the game was on PC, why does that offend you?
Another thing. You are not helping matters by being a complete asshole and insulting people. No, "serious" gamers don't buy consoles exclusively, "serious" gamers buy whatever the fuck they want and don't care what anyone thinks.
Being a console fanboy and completely ignoring the PC as a system does nothing for your argument. It just shows that you are ignorant and have nothing to defend your view other than your bias towards PC gamers.
I have consoles and a PC and I can tell you that objectively the PC has a number of advantages over consoles, and VICE VERSA. For one, a massive number of exclusive games. So no, consoles aren't the only way for "serious" gamers to play.
Look man, just stop being so ignorant please. You clearly now absolutely nothing about PC gaming, but just simply realize that PC gaming is a viable way to play video games, and many people prefer it for its numerous advantages.
And your scenario is ridiculous, you imply that developers spend so much time writing articles about why they don't cater to PC gaming that they lose out development time on games? As if they don't have fucking PR departments, or as if it doesn't take 5 seconds to write a paragraph to explain why they don't want to work on PC? You're being majorly hyperbolic here and creating a false problem.
PC gamers are allowed to be upset that certain console games are not going to be on their system, just as console gamers are allowed to do the opposite. This shouldn't upset you like it does.

And don't go looking to bait people into flamewars like you have here, it's impolite and childish. I get it, you don't like PC gamers, but don't let that get in the way of common sense here.
PC. Buy Cheap games. Mod your games. Lose your soul in Online MMORPG. What more, the constant investment of upgrades has those pour souls believing video games should be a higher priority in their lives than say, real friends, and meeting friends who don't play games.

And it's a telling sign what we've heard about with Dark Souls -- how developers just do not give a damn about PC's; how the poor geniuses have to develop code to fix the problems (resolution for one) instead of putting those resources to the greater use of mankind. Same for the modded layouts and armor of Skyrim. But there's one less amateur I'm competing with for all of those successful college graduate ladies, especially as they outnumber men these days. Oh well, greater choice for me.

For one thing, and even if you are Majoring in Computer Science: You don't want to sit any longer at a PC than you should, or that icky aura -- and one I've seen up close and personal when I worked at a tech lab on campus -- clings to you. It's unavoidable, because it's isolation.

That poor girl... anyways.

In conclusion: It's something to immerse yourself in games, and it's another matter to lose your life in it. Consoles give you the former as an option. PC urges you dive into the bottomless pit of mod-world, forums and sad, sad live chat rooms. Just freaking look at how Online Developers are targeting PC gamers! Free to play. Invest more and more and you'll make the necessary adjustments in believing the game means more and more to you with every $ you pour.

And you read the rest of my earlier comments wrong. It's not even worth getting into. Someone just opened up a whole new thread dedicated to this topic anyhow, and it already has 59 replies. Take your bandwagon there. My PC comment was only an aside to the reservations I was having about MGS: Ground Zero-zzzz. Worse thing you can do for a console game is think about the troubles of PC port -- you have less control and money, and more headaches and risk. Yeah, that's great for business.

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
Lets set something straight.
Kojima has stated that he wants a Metal Gear game to be on PC. During interviews about the Fox Engine, he has said the engine will be for games on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The current build is running on a PC.
Ground Zeroes will be on PC. Kojima wants it, and its more than likely.
Can we stop arguing now...
I'm seriously getting ticked with all this anti PC gaming shit.

It's one thing to defend your preferred platform, but you can't just discredit another because of some ignorant, uninformed garbage you've concocted. As in this guy:
worldfest said:
And as for you buddy. I don't care that you feel some compulsion to shit on someone else's method of gaming. You are misinformed, and downright wrong. PC gaming exists, deal with it bub. Not sure who pissed in your cornflakes.
Console gamers complain just as much when a PC exclusive comes along. Trust me, I get it first hand, being one of the only PC gamers in my area.
Developers are making games. Period. They make games to appeal to a wide audience. The platform is decided by publishing connections and development experience.
'Serious gamers' don't buy consoles. 'Serious gamers' buy what ever they can, and whatever they want.
Also, not many upgrade their computers yearly. They buy a decient computer, replacing one or two parts every other year. Their computer lasts years, and has the capabilities to get better. Consoles can't get better. A PS3 is always a PS3. Is that a bad thing? Fuck no. But neither is upgrading a computer.

If you can't tell, I'm angry. In attempting to find out of GZ was actually coming to PC, I stumbled across an article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, in which the author claimed "My feeling is that PC gaming is dead, and that no one should attempt to launch games on the platform, for any reason."
This coupled with you being an asshole and shitting on My preferred platform sent me into a fit of rage. Hence the rant.
I don't mean to start or perpetuate a flame war. You've just made me angry.

Though this will mean very little to you, because as we all know...
No matter how good at chess I am, the pigeon will just knock over the pieces, shit all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
Stainlesssteele4 said:
Lets set something straight.
Kojima has stated that he wants a Metal Gear game to be on PC. During interviews about the Fox Engine, he has said the engine will be for games on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. The current build is running on a PC.
Ground Zeroes will be on PC. Kojima wants it, and its more than likely.
Can we stop arguing now...
I'm seriously getting ticked with all this anti PC gaming shit.

It's one thing to defend your preferred platform, but you can't just discredit another because of some ignorant, uninformed garbage you've concocted. As in this guy:
worldfest said:
And as for you buddy. I don't care that you feel some compulsion to shit on someone else's method of gaming. You are misinformed, and downright wrong. PC gaming exists, deal with it bub. Not sure who pissed in your cornflakes.
Console gamers complain just as much when a PC exclusive comes along. Trust me, I get it first hand, being one of the only PC gamers in my area.
Developers are making games. Period. They make games to appeal to a wide audience. The platform is decided by publishing connections and development experience.
'Serious gamers' don't buy consoles. 'Serious gamers' buy what ever they can, and whatever they want.
Also, not many upgrade their computers yearly. They buy a decient computer, replacing one or two parts every other year. Their computer lasts years, and has the capabilities to get better. Consoles can't get better. A PS3 is always a PS3. Is that a bad thing? Fuck no. But neither is upgrading a computer.

If you can't tell, I'm angry. In attempting to find out of GZ was actually coming to PC, I stumbled across an article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, in which the author claimed "My feeling is that PC gaming is dead, and that no one should attempt to launch games on the platform, for any reason."
This coupled with you being an asshole and shitting on My preferred platform sent me into a fit of rage. Hence the rant.
I don't mean to start or perpetuate a flame war. You've just made me angry.

Though this will mean very little to you, because as we all know...
No matter how good at chess I am, the pigeon will just knock over the pieces, shit all over the board, and strut around like it's victorious.
There's a lot of things to get angry about; I'm sure the longer you live (heck, I'm twenty-two) the more you'll broaden your horizons and realize just how much is at stake in other more pressing areas -- i.e globalization, politics, economics, your future love life (and that's a big "if" -- oh!). Soon video games will be just what they were meant to be to us, a pass time. But enough about you.

I've been around the net long enough to know that promises with promotional material almost never come to complete fruition. PC MGS? Hmm. And why not? Assassin's Creed III is doing it? Watchdogs? Bioshock Infinite. But it's like Nintendo being relevant because their WII-U can actually play HD PS3 and Xbox capacity games, but all of the ports I've seen have been second rate. PC gamers take a risk with big budget games, that's all. It's unnecessary.

Upgrade a few parts?

I've had my PS3 for about 3 years now. Didn't have to install a blue-ray player, it plays em' already. Didn't need a bigger hard drive. Didn't need a new GPU or CPU swap. I haven't added a damn thing to it. It's a media entertainment modem in the family room.

If it's anything like my PS2, I'll have it in working condition for another 7 seven years before anything needs replacing. My family went through two computers in that time, and the $500 machine in my room couldn't even hope to pull out a medium settings on Crysis.

That said, when my music career gets started; I'll needed to buy a new PC, upgrade the hell out of it to use the $600+ of software for the business, which actually means I'll probably be playing games on PC as well -- not! Are you kidding me! Not with my own plans. People today get comfortable in mediocrity; they hate change and exploration as much as they fear true happiness, which is to give more to this world than to virtual space -- i.e nothingness.

I have no idea where I'll be next month, the same couldn't be said for millions of WOW players. The PC gamer is being stapled with a stigma in the same way console gamers were, only one has improved with innovation and vision by invading the main living room space.

And if someone plays games on a laptop while going out, and like I saw many times at the tech lab, then they're missing out on the world around them -- and that's a shame. Maybe not to you, because there is no real wrong or right when it comes to how people decide how to live, only what makes us happy -- wait, not happy, but comfortable, and which streamlines a limited horizon. That is a life with out risk, and that's ignorance.

If you really think about it, this argument is broader than PC vs Console because of what each is selling. There's a culture in each. Where do they lead?

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
GenGenners said:
Will be interesting to see just how many corners will have to be cut to make it for the 360.
No offence intended to the 360 crowd, but christ, THAT will not run as a full game on a 360,. Not to that level. As a tech demo yeah, but a full open world game? No way.
probably have 4 discs with an inside joke about going back in time to disc swapping just like the joke in MGS4 about not needing to change discs in Shadow Moses. LoL

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
So the final game will have 15 hours of unskippable cut-scenes, and feature half an hour of gameplay? Yeah that sounds familiar.

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
worldfest said:
sethisjimmy said:
worldfest said:

worldfest said:

Ripple effect.

PC. Buy Cheap games. Mod your games. Lose your soul in Online MMORPG. What more, the constant investment of upgrades has those pour souls believing video games should be a higher priority in their lives than say, real friends, and meeting friends who don't play games.

And it's a telling sign what we've heard about with Dark Souls -- how developers just do not give a damn about PC's; how the poor geniuses have to develop code to fix the problems (resolution for one) instead of putting those resources to the greater use of mankind. Same for the modded layouts and armor of Skyrim. But there's one less amateur I'm competing with for all of those successful college graduate ladies, especially as they outnumber men these days. Oh well, greater choice for me.

For one thing, and even if you are Majoring in Computer Science: You don't want to sit any longer at a PC than you should, or that icky aura -- and one I've seen up close and personal when I worked at a tech lab on campus -- clings to you. It's unavoidable, because it's isolation.

That poor girl... anyways.

In conclusion: It's something to immerse yourself in games, and it's another matter to lose your life in it. Consoles give you the former as an option. PC urges you dive into the bottomless pit of mod-world, forums and sad, sad live chat rooms. Just freaking look at how Online Developers are targeting PC gamers! Free to play. Invest more and more and you'll make the necessary adjustments in believing the game means more and more to you with every $ you pour.

And you read the rest of my earlier comments wrong. It's not even worth getting into. Someone just opened up a whole new thread dedicated to this topic anyhow, and it already has 59 replies. Take your bandwagon there. My PC comment was only an aside to the reservations I was having about MGS: Ground Zero-zzzz. Worse thing you can do for a console game is think about the troubles of PC port -- you have less control and money, and more headaches and risk. Yeah, that's great for business.
Again, you're being willfully ignorant. You're assuming that all PC gamers are stuck at their PC's all their life, having no friends and no social life. That's completely fucking unfounded. The same exact thing is just as likely to happen to console gamers. And you're also seem to think that all PC gamers constantly upgrade their PC's every week and that it's so hard to upgrade them that they must spend all their time at it, and have no life because of it.
These are straight up lies. Any normal person can balance video gaming and their life easily. Maybe you're scared that if you try to PC game it'll ruin your life, and that's why you're so insecure, I don't know, but mate, you're on a fucking video game website, called the ESCAPIST, I think most people here probably don't give a fuck about how much you play video games, or how much you think is acceptable.
Most PC gamers probably upgrade their PC at the same rate that you shell out big bucks for a new console every time one comes out.
Another thing. Attacking someone's lifestyle choices does NOTHING for your argument. It's an ad hominem. Not only is it totally irrelevant to this console war you love, but it's also a fucking stupid generalization.
Also, I see you attacking F2P games, and how developers for PC are making many games F2P. Oh, is that like how Microsoft just recently announced it's getting into the F2P market and announced multiple F2P games for Xbox?
And using the Dark Souls argument is also pointless. Dark Souls took a modder 23 minutes to fix for PC. 23 minutes. And now from software will profit off of that modders work, so no, releasing DS on PC was not a waste of time.

I mean, you're pretending that the system you don't like causes people to become mindless video game zombies when that simply isn't true.
Not only that, but not 2 posts ago you were talking about "SERIOUS GAMERS" this and "SERIOUS GAMERS" that, but now you're claiming that PC gamers are "TOO SERIOUS" and telling them to get a life? You're a hypocrite.

Honestly, I'm not trying to attack you here, but you're being purposefully ignorant, I think probably because you've had some bad experiences with arrogant PC gamers, but you need to put those aside and stop being nasty and childish to people who have differing tastes than you.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
*Squee*

I want this in my bed, but a little part of me is sad. I've been priding myself (in a very nerdy fashion, I'll give you that) on the fact that I do actually understand what the fuck is going on in Metal Gear games, and now I'm going to have to spend another million hours figuring this out.

worldfest said:
Heh. I don't even play many PC games, but this some hilarious stereotyping. Are you sure you're not one of the guys that writes for NCIS?

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
worldfest said:
There's a lot of things to get angry about; I'm sure the longer you live (heck, I'm twenty-two) the more you'll broaden your horizons and realize just how much is at stake in other more pressing areas -- i.e globalization, politics, economics, your future love life (and that's a big "if" -- oh!). Soon video games will be just what they were meant to be to us, a pass time. But enough about you.
And what are you doing about this in your own life? apart from moaning on an internet forum.

Oh yeah tell me what the cost of the ps3 was on release? and how much for a decent gaming rig? I made a massive upgrade to my pc about 4/5 years ago, since then ive got maried, now have a 2 year old daughter, and bought my own house, and upgraded my graphics card which was £160 for a 560ti and i max out all games.

Edit: might as well add in im also studying an open university degree in environmental science while working full time. Damn my PC addiction leaving me no time for anything else