Watch the New Full Length Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Here

Southpaw Samurai

Mar 2, 2010
Great trailer. Not as tone-perfect as the earlier one, but doesn't diminish any of my hopes for the movie being fun.

I do sort of wish they didn't recon (at least partially) Rocket's back story, as it would've made an insane spin-off movie if he were to become a break-out star. I'm hiding it in spoilers for anyone sensitive about such even though it probably won't be relevant to the movies: In his own title (a mini-series by the great Bill Mantlo and featuring some early Mike Mignola art), Rocket was
a little more an Errol Flynn swashbuckler with laser pistols and rocket skates. He was one of a number of genetically engineered sentient animals who were created to be guardians, caretakers, and a general soothing presence for a planet full of insane humans. Among their enemies were robotic clowns assassins. And you might've thought Guardians was 'out there'.)

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Is it August yet? It needs to be August.

I still have trouble accepting that one of my favorite, relatively obscure comic groups is getting the big Marvel push.

Just throw in Richard Rider and I'll be dancing all year.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
As if I needed any more reasons to be excited about this movie. It just looks like fun, even without all the lore that it's going to be linking up with. I'd go see this even if it wasn't part of The Avengers.

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Well...

I can definitely say they have a good taste for old-school music, if nothing else.
I'm getting a good vibe about this.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
I didn't see a Guardians trailer.
All I saw was "The Adventures of Rocket Racoon and his boring non-raccoon friends"

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
'Spaceship retrofitted to play cassettes'.

I haven't even seen the trailer and I laughed at this. I am not gonna, I wanna hype myself even more until August.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Copyright claimed by Disney =<

Found another one!

EDIT: And jeez, that one's gone now too. Dammit.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
SomeLameStuff said:
Copyright claimed by Disney =<

Found another one!

EDIT: And jeez, that one's gone now too. Dammit.
It seems like they are trying to keep the trailer on the Guardians of the Galaxy Facebook page. I've updated the post to show the trailer from there.

Mar 26, 2008
Here! Take my money now! Looks like Marvel might hit another one out of the park. I'm glad Disney are giving them licence to go a little crazy.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
It says something when people get excited for a film they know no back story about. Seriously this will be the first time i see anything of Guardians of the Galaxy and i am so excited i could scream! the only one i knew of was Rocket Raccoon thanks to marvel vs capcom.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009

Seriously how much dumber can you get? This is like Moviebob's stuff getting copyright strikes because he used B-roll: footage explicitly MEANT to be cut up and shared.

The whole purpose of a trailer is to encourage excitement. You know what's a good measure of how excited people are? Them re-uploading it. The more eyes see that trailer, the better it is for Disney, but who gives a fuck because COPYRIGHT AMIRITE?

Dec 16, 2009
I wonder if the choice of two 60 or 70's tracks has any baring on the film for time frame.

also wonder if the the Nova Corps are a set up for a Nova film in phase 3

I also wonder if anyone else has said this on these forums or am I thinking it for the first time

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
Mr Ink 5000 said:
I wonder if the choice of two 60 or 70's tracks has any baring on the film for time frame.

also wonder if the the Nova Corps are a set up for a Nova film in phase 3

I also wonder if anyone else has said this on these forums or am I thinking it for the first time
First time, congrats. It seems like they're going with modern Guardians of the Galaxy though, Peter Quill being an outlaw, Drax wielding two huge knives, etc

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
even when i have never read the comics or even heard about it as such. seeing now this extended version of the trailer actually makes me want to see it right now. vin diesel really has a lot to say in this movie :p

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
OK I am very very very much looking forward to this.
I see some form of Oscar in Vin Diesel's future, such was the raw acting talent in that scene.
And Errol Flynn-esque racoons.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I'm with everyone else--Rocket adjusting his junk is an instant win. He's the character I'm looking forward to seeing the most in GotG.

This movie is going to make Warner Bro's cringe: They have trouble making anything but a Batman movie that works while Marvel is routinely making billions--repeatedly knocking movies out of the ball park.

Now, Marvel is daring enough to try to pull off Guardians of the Galaxy, and guess what? It looks like it's totally going to rock!

The "Hooked on a Feeling" theme song really helps to set the mood of these trailers and (probably) the movie.

Should GotG become a big hit while WB struggles to make Batman vs Superman work then DC should look into hiring some assassins to get their movie rights back from WB and find someone who can/will make their comic movies succeed.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TheMemoman said:
Well I squealed when I saw Knowhere! And they seem to get that whole "looking for redemption" theme that somehow keeps them together.

This is going to be so much fun!
I liked how they said "somewhere" out of context when showing the shot of Knowehere. I thought that was clever.

Think it'll be explained the same way as in the comics? I.E. a Celestial's decapitated head.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
This trailer, hell the entire movie is just Marvel rubbing its success in WB and DC's face.

See this comic series with the raccoon? We're going to turn it into a movie and it is going to rock. Speaking of which, how is your Justice League thing doing?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I haven't read any of the Guardians comics, and had no prior interest in them, but I'm quite hyped.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This movie will be awesome! The trailer was simply all I wanted to see to seal the deal for me.

Marvel hasn't disappointed me thus far so can't wait to see this one.