Watch: The New Suicide Squad Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: The New Suicide Squad Trailer

Is this the real life?

Here it is! The newest trailer for upcoming Suicide Squad movie aired tonight on The CW, and it's punctuated by Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's crazy, it's fun, and it's got plenty of new stuff to analyze until the next trailer hits. Written and directed by David Ayer, Suicide Squad features the likes of Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Cara Delevingne, Jai Courtney... the list goes on.

The trailer comes one day after Warner Bros. debuted new posters of the "worst heroes ever," which you can check out here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165939-Gallery-New-Batch-of-Skull-Themed-Suicide-Squad-Posters#&gid=gallery_5439&pid=1].

Suicide Squad opens on August 5, 2016.

"We're bad guys. It's what we do."

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Harley and Boomerang are the only hope because they're the only ones looking like they're having fun.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Looks like they ready to murder and cause as much damage as they can while being so called heroes xD I love the suicide squad comics. Cant wait to see how each of em die

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
The trailer sound design was nearly perfect, when Jai Courtney opened his soda, it sounded like part of the start of the bridge riff. And then they started the full riff anyway.

Should have left it. Otherwise, props to those that cut the trailer.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Am I the only who thinks bohemian rhapsody while a fantastic song didn't really fit this trailer.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
Seems like the best non batman DC movie yet!
Which is a really really low bar.
So meh, a GOTG ripoff that might not be terrible.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
Bohemian makes 50% of the good things in this trailer, I liked a lot the trailer in first viewing, the second time not so much. I can't get over how much Margot sounds and looks like (a young) Jaime Pressly

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I was hoping that Leto's Joker was only going to get a one scene cameo. Apparently not. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
If I want to be completely honest I found this trailer probably on par with the Guardians of The Galaxy trailer(s)[footnote]Which was the main contributor to wanting to see the film because I wasn't too interested in the MCU until that point and I'm never too in love with sci fi films set in space[/footnote], but that's mostly due to the music.

Theorizing/Observation time: [li]Can't help but think that Waller conversation is one of the first things we see in the film. Either first or second scene, perhaps only preceded by giving one or two members of the squad some background either in a flashback or flashforward in the film.[/li]

[li]Whatever that thing in the subway was, it doesn't resemble anything else we've seen so far, so I'm under the assumption that might be the main threat of the film. Coloring of that explosion 2:03-2:04 in also looks pretty close to whoever/whatever that was in the subway.[/li]

[li]Leto Joker falling into a pit of presumed chemicals/sewage water?! And is he rescuing Harley or someone else? Is this actually taking place in the film or should I just chalk it up to a flashback? I know it's at least got me interested[/li]

Raidenko

Aug 25, 2010
So yeah I was out of the loop for over a year about this movie. Is the Joker actually appearing in this movie or is he just a "dark passinger" in Harleys head? I allways got that Tyler Durden "vibe" since the first teasers.

the.chad

Nov 22, 2010
Raidenko said:
So yeah I was out of the loop for over a year about this movie. Is the Joker actually appearing in this movie or is he just a "dark passinger" in Harleys head? I allways got that Tyler Durden "vibe" since the first teasers.
*Mind Blown*

Never thought to look at it like that.

That would be such a ballsy plot twist if they went ahead with that!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I just realise something, with Batman vs Superman also coming out this year, I would actually prefered to watch this than BvS.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Scarim Coral said:
I just realise something, with Batman vs Superman also coming out this year, I would actually prefered to watch this than BvS.
Batman v Superman is coming in march and this in august so that's a poor excuse.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
PapaGreg096 said:
Am I the only who thinks bohemian rhapsody while a fantastic song didn't really fit this trailer.
I thought it was also trying too hard to be like Guardians of the Galaxy. And I hated that movie.
Stupidity said:
Seems like the best non batman DC movie yet!
Which is a really really low bar.
So meh, a GOTG ripoff that might not be terrible.
Non-Batman movie, yet it has Joker and Harley :p

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
Holy shit there is WAAAAAY too much going on in this movie... How the hell are they going to balance out this bloated mess? To be honest the trailer did not even really show what the main plot of the movie IS...

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Well... it doesn't look bad, just very disjointed. The trailer only told me one thing; that they're a bunch of conscripted criminals being sent on some sort of suicide mission. Granted, that's more than the GotG trailer told me.

Still, I'm getting the feeling this movie might be suffering from a bloated script.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Mangod said:
Well... it doesn't look bad, just very disjointed. The trailer only told me one thing; that they're a bunch of conscripted criminals being sent on some sort of suicide mission. Granted, that's more than the GotG trailer told me.

Still, I'm getting the feeling this movie might be suffering from a bloated script.
The seemingly bloated script is largely due to the fact that of course DC wants to make a Cinematic Universe so they have to shoehorn in every detail. Exactly like how comic books can get bloated aswell.

Marvel as of late is guilty of this aswell. I mean look me in the eye and tell me Avengers 2 is not a bloated mess. It has been confirmed that there was an hour of footage cut from the movie.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Hm. The first trailer was dark and gritty, much like all the DC stuff lately but this one is much more upbeat and comedic like it's trying to emulate Guardians of the Galaxy or, more likely, Deadpool.

To go from the psychotic crime drama feel of the first trailer to this wacky action movie vibe in the second makes me think that either this movie is going to be horribly disjointed or Warner Brothers has no fucking clue how to market something that isn't Batman.

It really feels like someone in the marketing department over at WB saw the trailer for Deadpool and said, "Let's do that! Show the goofy one liners and match the music up to what's happening on screen! Admit how dumb these characters are! That's what the kids are into nowadays, right?"

Though to be honest I'm actually glad to see a trailer for a DC property that isn't 100% serious grittiness. I doubt I'll see this movie but, hey, at least they're trying.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah. OK.

It still looks oddly cheap and, I dunno... rough around the edges? But I can see this being some decent goofy fun.