Watch the Vault-Tec Video Covering Charisma in Fallout 4

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Watch the Vault-Tec Video Covering Charisma in Fallout 4

Exploring the gifts that come to the silver tongued.

The fourth in the series of Vault-Tec educational videos explaining the benefits provided by each of the core attributes of the SPECIAL system in Fallout 4 has been released. If you're keeping score at home, we're on "C" for "Charisma".

According to the video, Charisma can be used in bartering and other negotiations to achieve better results. The stat also provides opportunities to pacify elements in the wasteland, be they man or beast, and lower the risk of becoming addicted to chems.

Forget the dog. The idea of becoming pals with a brahmin and making him my pack buddy, traveling the wasteland, just me and my freakish two-headed pal, has been a long unfulfilled Fallout fantasy. I'll be very interested to know if dreams really can come true.

Fallout 4 releases November 10.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
Hooray! Charisma is finally something more than unique dialogue and speech checks! Pouring all my points into it won't feel so meaningless now!

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Fucking hell, these are disturbing.

I'm somewhat less inclined to play for fear I'll have to see more of the new Vault-Tec advertising. Maybe it's just the juxtaposition at work.

The Ditz

Lord of the Never There
Dec 18, 2012
Thank god, some might see the direction of this game as the watering down/decay of the rpg or something, but It's nice to see attributes like charisma becoming more useful . I hope for great things like this to come, like the attribute of intelligence is more than just 'throw more fireballs' and skills like speech-craft are more than just 'pay less bribes' in the Elderscrolls.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I notice the word "pacify" is not quite the same as befriending...unless you have some unethical friendship practices you would like to share? ;)

Ot: It appears Bethesda is really intent on dripfeeding us for a game that isn't out for eons. Hurry up and release the creation, damnit. We will learn this in-game anyhow, assuming we were not special enough to guess from the title words.
Bah, marketing.
*Returns to cave, grumbling*

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
"...the wasteland will be a distrustful place, full of unsavory characters and few morals."

So Boston, then.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Charisma prevents addiction? How does that work?

"Hey, there, Jet! Would you mind not tickling my endorphin receptors quite so hard? Thanks, knew I could count on you to be a team player. Stay in touch."

These videos are cute, but I am getting a trifle tired of the "spliced together" bit at the end of each one.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Callate said:

"Hey, there, Jet! Would you mind not tickling my endorphin receptors quite so hard? Thanks, knew I could count on you to be a team player. Stay in touch."

These videos are cute, but I am getting a trifle tired of the "spliced together" bit at the end of each one.
I can understand the game's new take on leveling, but you're right, it really does feel like they're smashing things together where they don't belong.

Some ideas make sense, like lock picking related to perception or how animals may relate more to you with high charisma, but some other ideas, especially the addiction thing with charisma, just don't make sense.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I am loving these videos. Great job on their part.

Callate said:

Perhaps increased Charisma means better awareness of personal limits as well as stronger support groups...?

xxobot

Jun 2, 2014
Lightknight said:
I am loving these videos. Great job on their part.

Callate said:

Perhaps increased Charisma means better awareness of personal limits as well as stronger support groups...?
Only way I can think it could be explained is force of personality
eg. (Simplification) Like Tesla deciding he had a gambling problem and then not having one no more.