WB Games Needs Your Help With Arkham City

ArtemusClydeFrog

Feb 1, 2011
evilneko said:
Anyone else thinkin this issue mainly affects pirates? :p
I was thinking the exact same thing. They did that thing with Arkham Asylum where Batman's gliding didn't work correctly on the pirated versions. And then when people went on the forums complaining about that issue, they knew who was playing an illegal copy of the game.
This could actually be something like that, although it would be the lamest thing ever. I hope WB wouldn't exploit the trust people have in them like that.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Operations said:
let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on.
I thought the idea behind console gaming was a single unified spec, seems to defeat the purpose if there are different software/hardware configurations.
I believe they are probably interested in exactly which model of 360 they have, what hard drive and probably what region it is. Presumably system software/firmware version too.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
evilneko said:
You are such a cynic it must be soul crushing /sarcasm

But, massive PC-hating gaming industry that uses draconian DRM on the PC gaming platform, I thought that Piracy didn't exist for consoles, only the PC. /sarcasm.

Wow, I'm such a sarcastic person it is soul crushing.

/sarcasm

goddammit

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
ArtemusClydeFrog said:
evilneko said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. They did that thing with Arkham Asylum where Batman's gliding didn't work correctly on the pirated versions. And then when people went on the forums complaining about that issue, they knew who was playing an illegal copy of the game.
This could actually be something like that, although it would be the lamest thing ever. I hope WB wouldn't exploit the trust people have in them like that.
In any case, hopefully the people complaining about it would be smart enough to compare notes with people who had purchased it legally before reporting it after what happened the last time -- and besides, wasn't that a PC specific issue? Something about hooks in the PC DRM that were tied to the gliding, and had to be replaced before it was fully cracked?

Also, if I were WB Games, I'd be asking for people to send in copies of the corrupted save files; since they're just getting corrupted in some way, instead of actually being deleted, actually having one of the files to analyze could seriously help, as long as this really is a bug fix, and not a protracted piracy sting.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Yet to have this happen to me... altho my Catwoman unlock code was already used even though I bought the game new.

And it had been used 2 weeks before I bought it...

ArtemusClydeFrog

Feb 1, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
In any case, hopefully the people complaining about it would be smart enough to compare notes with people who had purchased it legally before reporting it after what happened the last time -- and besides, wasn't that a PC specific issue? Something about hooks in the PC DRM that were tied to the gliding, and had to be replaced before it was fully cracked?

Also, if I were WB Games, I'd be asking for people to send in copies of the corrupted save files; since they're just getting corrupted in some way, instead of actually being deleted, actually having one of the files to analyze could seriously help, as long as this really is a bug fix, and not a protracted piracy sting.
You're right, it was a hook in the copy protection of the PC version.
I don't honestly believe this is a similar situation, since this bug is a pretty serious matter that could affect WB Games' reputation even if they went out and admitted to it being a deliberate scam later on.
It's just that my conspiracy loving heart wants to believe it just a little bit.

Other than that I really feel sorry for the people who've encountered this bug. I've completed all of Riddler's challenges, but the mere thought of losing my save file with like 5 trophies to go or something similar is frustrating. I really hope they'll find a way to patch it.