We are Monsters (Open)

Andrew Myers

Oct 4, 2012
Some say monsters are just works of fiction, creatures invented by people to justify their sad little lives and give themselves some sort of meaning.

Little do they know, monsters are real. They hunt in the dark and light, taking people and consuming them, dragging them into the darkness and devouring them.

There is one truth in this world, monsters exist. They are creatures created by the denizens of a realm known as Nightscape, created so that the creatures can feed on the fear of those who live in our world, eventually feasting upon the souls of their victims. Conventional weapons can not harm these beasts. Nothing short of explosives even slow them down. In truth, humanity should have been dragged into the darkness of insanity much sooner.

But humans were gifted with an advantage, a way to fight back. Some humans were born with souls that were empty. Those birthed with an empty soul draw the monsters into themselves, entrapping them within the emptiness and taking their power for themselves. With this power they can fight against the monsters that are brought to this world.

After all, what better to fight a monster then another monster?

Brought together by an organization known as 'Storybook' those who have absorbed monsters into them are tasked with defending the souls of humanity, or die trying.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

So this was an idea I had for an RP sometime back. Basically players are humans who had been hunted by a monster (creepypasta preferred) and would have been killed, if not for having been born with the ability to house a creature inside of them. The creature they have gives them abilities that make them more powerful then the average person, but also slowly destroy them. Mind, body, and soul slowly are eaten by the creature inside of them. The only way to halt the destruction of their bodies is to devour the essence of other monsters.

If you are interested in joining create a character sheet and shoot it to me as a message. Here is the character skeleton to use. I will be picking 5-6 characters for this game, no more then 6.

Name:
Creature: (please post the story along with the name for the creature)
Favored Weapon:
Powers:
Appearance:
Bio: