Wealth, Adventure, and the Open Sea: A One Piece RP.(Arc 4: Porte Carlo.)

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
As soon as Crassi's eyes snapped open, her tail jolted and twisted in Marielle's grasp. Dammit... Crassi growled audibly, but she knew she was in no position to do attack or negotiate.

"You're not that blond idiot..." As soon as she spoke, she noticed the spastic Sammi on the ground. Her bottles of poison and antidotes were on the ground beside her. She couldn't help but smirk, turning her attention back to Marielle. "What do you want? Because unless you got money, I'm not talking."

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"I have something better than money," Marielle countered, improvising her offer as she went. "Life. I'll let you get out of this place, free as a bird, on one simple condition. You give Blondie the antidote to whatever it was that you used on her. If you kill her, you die too. Double-cross me, you die. Try to run away or attack me before fixing her up, you die. Cure my friend and I'll let you live. It's that easy."

As an incentive to co-operate, Marielle jerked her head over towards the fishman, covered in burns and slumped in a heap, his spines deflated. "I took out that fatso over there. Don't think I won't do the same to you if you don't do as I say." She hoped her threat carried enough weight to get the poisoner to co-operate. If she refused, she'd get a nasty burn for her efforts.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
"I took out that fatso over there?" Crassi tried not to laugh. Her captor was clearly new to the whole demanding ransom thing. "Are you daft, woman? You're just holding me on the ground, expecting me to cooperate? I don't give a damn about what you did to that overconfident fisherman." She could break off her tail, but that would leave her 3 feet short. Why not make some money and get out unharmed?

"I know blowfish man was poisoned. If you just got through fighting him, you're probably worn out. I doubt you'll be able to hold me down if I really tried. How about money?"

Jun 13, 2010
The first pirate to resume his attack on Hal regretted it immediately as the hand holding his weapon was separated from his body with a flash of Hal's blade. The second pirate was much luckier since Hal hadn't sheathed his sword again and couldn't sidestep in time. Hal winced in pain as the pirate's blade grazed his side, but managed to endure it long enough to stab the pirate in the chest with his own sword. After that, he quickly shaved to a third one and slit his throat. The rest of the pirates decided that retreat would be there best option at that point, and got as far away from Hal as they could. "Shit... I can't rely on Shave so much. It's killing my legs and I can't sheathe my sword fast enough to use multiple strikes in a pinch. I gotta practice more if I'm gonna keep fighting like this." Hal grumbled as he sheathed his sword and paused to catch his breath.

"Hey... Granada, are you there? Feel like teaming up?"

Hal heard Grana's voice calling out to him over the noise of the battle. Teaming up with Grana would probably be for the best since Grana was much more experienced than Hal in battle and they still had the big guy at the barricade to deal with. "Yeah, that sounds good to me pal! A big guy punched some holes in the barricade that Harligold's men are coming through. I think he's still over there though, so let's meet up and take care of him!" Hal called back as he picked up the spear and ran towards where Grana's voice had come from.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh yeah? Sorry to hear that. We could use some fresh blood." Roger said with a sigh. It was always such a shame to have to put an end to potential recruits. "Oh well. It was nice knowing ya Peter." Roger said as he leapt high into the air, bringing the anchor with him. As he descended above Peter, he swung the anchor downwards with all his might.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Peter fell on his back, lifting his feet up. He could feel the anchor smash into his feet, but he didn't seem to move from that spot. Holy crap it actually... As he was thinking this, the bombs on the anchor's handle dislodged from the force of the swing and smashed into the ground, causing explosions between the two. Peter was send rolling a couple feet away, bruised and on his stomach. He coughed and sputtered as he got up. Perfect... now I have something to work with. Now I just need to get in close. ..........I knew I was missing one step in this plan.

Jun 13, 2010
Roger could barely believe his eyes when he saw Peter stop his anchor using only his feet. The he saw the bombs fall off the anchor and fall towards the ground. There wasn't nearly enough time for Roger to react and the resulting explosions blew the two of them away from each other. Roger slowly got to his feet, suddenly finding himself full of rage. The damage he was taking here was really starting to add up and those explosions certainly didn't help any. "How... HOW THE HELL DID YOU BLOCK MY ANCHOR WITH JUST YOUR FEET?!" Roger roared, reaching for his anchor once more.

He found the handle, grabbed it and pulled... Only for it to snap off. The explosion had damaged it pretty badly apparently, which meant he was now weaponless. The fact Roger might actually lose here was starting to sink in and had temporarily overridden his logic. "Peter Tew..... I'm gonna kill you!" He shouted before charging towards Peter, abandoning all thought of defense, and threw a powerful right hook at his face.

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
Peter tried to time the dodge as best he could, jumping up and trying to hit Roger with a drop kick, trying to hit Roger's chest "Impact Missile!" I never used this much force at once... and I know there's a backlash on these things... He was hoping this would drop him, but he was also hoping he wouldn't get hurt either.
[hr]

The ship was now clearly in view. "Captain, we've almost arrived..." one called to the front. A slender albino man was standing at the helm, his white coat draped over his shoulders and looking through a telescope. "There are two pirates fighting... but I can't quite see the results... there seems to be a surprising amount of resistan-... Is that Harligold?"

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Grana nodded as Hal jumped past a few pirates to join him. Grana quickly noted that the spear was merely steel this time, not more seastone. "Good. I won't have to worry about Hal accidentally sending me to the grave." As Hal approached, Grana quickly snuck a peek at the barricade. Enough of it was still standing to hold off the fishman. Grana began to hiss instructions to Hal, quiet enough that the other pirates couldn't hear. "Alright, this is how we're gonna do this. Most of these guys are probably cowards who joined up for the women and gold, hoping to be protected by Harligold's name. They just saw us take out two of their officers, so they're gonna be a little wary. We want them to fear us. Kill a couple as cruelly as you can. It might make you a little sick, but feel free to aim for the eyes or the groin. Show them that it would be better to try their luck against the fresh and strong villagers than the two merciless and beat pirates before them. If we're lucky, they'll run away." Grana slowly sidled to Hal and moved so that the two were back to back. "I really hope this works."

Two pirates charged Grana, and he decided to take his own advice. "Tch. That one's wearing armor." Grana sliced him across the thighs, using a gap in the armor as an entry point. The other fool received a kick in the groin for his troubles. As both fell to their knees, Grana decided to dispose of them immediately. He curled his arm around his body, careful not to hit Hal. Grana's arm then swung back like a spring, decapitating the first. Using the momentum of the swing, Grana flipped the blade and stabbed into the heart of the second pirate, the curved blade of the katana just arcing around the chest armor through the collarbone. As he removed his red-veined blade, Grana kicked the decapitated head towards the other pirates. As he heard bone crunch against his boot, even Grana felt squeamish. "Uurgh. It really doesn't get any easier, does it? Still, if it means I'll live..." Grana grinned ferally at the remaining pirates, some of whom were vomiting at the sight of the head. "Hal... Get rid of the others quickly. I can hold the barrier for perhaps another minute, but I'm damn near juiced. Did you grab some of those explosives from Peter?" Grana was desperate to end this battle as quickly as possible. He wanted as much energy as possible while fighting that fishman, and that meant dropping to portal as quickly as possible.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Marielle raised her eyebrows. This woman was more interested in making a few Beli than saving her life. "You seem to think this is a negotiation," she retorted as she raised her free hand and aimed it at the bizarre metal tail. She quickly fired off a small burst, breaking the tail in two near the base. Marielle promptly took the larger portion of the metal tail, the bloodied end, and tossed it aside, out of the poisoner's reach.

"The next one goes in your face if you don't help me," she threatened. "There's a fair chance it'll melt your eyes closed permanently, if it doesn't burn through and roast your brain. Either way, it's not gonna be pretty. Now, give my friend the right antidote. I won't ask a second time... maybe I'll just give you a taste of your own medicine, instead." She shot a look at the vials on the ground, also out of the poisoner's reach.

A small part of Marielle wondered where all of this was coming from... it was unlike her. She was no fighter - she had almost thrown up after making her first kill - and she wasn't exactly a violent person. Yet here she was, making threats on someone's life in an attempt to save Sammi.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
"YYYEAAAAAAAGH! FUCKING HELL! SHIT!" Crassi kicked and jolted. "I'LL KILL BOTH OF YOU! *****!" It would take her forever to reattach the tail, and even longer to regrow it. "IT'S RIGHT THERE! THE RED ONE! MIX IT WITH THE CLEAR VIAL! GRAAH! GIVE ME BACK MY TAIL!" She glared at Marielle, memorizing her face. The ***** wasn't going to get away with this, if she had to steal a ship and follow them.

The mixture formed a glowing blue antidote. It was very bitter, but Sammi immediately started calming down. "Give. Me. Back. My. Tail." Her words dripped with as much venom as her tail, but there was a bit of desperation in it. She was going to take the chance and fight if it came down to it.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"It's right there..." Marielle answered in mild confusion, pointing to where the severed tail lay on the ground. She had given the antidote to Sammi herself, not trusting the poisoner to administer it. Thankfully, it didn't kill her. "I'll uphold my end of the deal. Get out of here... unless you want to stick around and have your face melted off," she suggested. Marielle doubted her chances against this woman in a fight, even without her tail. She was running on adrenaline more than anything else... she could feel it wearing off.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Instead of immediately running away (the antidote and the strain of the seizures would make sure Sammi was knocked out for a bit), Crassi walked a few paces away and then sat down. She took out a small leather pack, undoing the tie. Inside was a couple of tools, a few small screwdrivers. If she didn't hurry up and get the severed part back on it was going to stiffen and lock up.

First she broke off the bottom part of the tail, taking off the burned parts. Then she used a flat screwdriver to open one of the segments. She stretched the stump out as much as she could, then started reattaching it. When she was done, it was as good as new, although a few feet shorter. It twirled, glinting in the light. "Mark my words, devil fruit user. I'll come back for you." she threatened.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU BLOCK MY ANCHOR WITH JUST YOUR FEET?!" Crassi threw Marielle and Sammi a last dirty look before running off full speed towards Roger and Peter. If she could help, she'd get a nice bonus. If he died, she could see if he had any chest keys and loot the ship.

Jun 13, 2010
Hal grimaced from just the sounds that were coming from Grana's victims behind him. How the hell was he supposed to follow that up? Well, I'm not very good with this spear so maybe I'll end up being accidentally gruesome with that. Might as well. Hal thought as the nearest pirate approached him. Hal hefted the spear as quickly as he could manage and jabbed the pirate in the eye. As the man screamed and clutched his eye in pain, Hal stabbed him in the chest as hard as he could. The weight of the spear caused him to stumble forward yet again, knocking the man on his back with the spear still sticking out of him.

The remain pirates were hesitant but still approaching, so Hal went to grab the spear and pull it out of the man. Unfortunately, it was stuck in there pretty good and no matter how hard he pulled and twisted it just wouldn't come out. And all the while, the poor sap who hadn't died yet was screaming in agony. The kind of screams that would probably haunt most of the people listening for a long time.

Eventually, he just gave up and put his hand on his sword, ready to deal with any more approaching enemies. They were all staying far away from him though. Guess that screaming must've done it. Probably looked like I was torturing the poor bastard with that spear. Well, whatever works I guess.

The remaining minions quickly lost their nerve and retreated, having seen the combined cruelty of Hal and Grana. "Uh... Explosives? Was I supposed to grab some? If I had, I probably would've used them a long time ago man." Hal said to Grana with a nervous chuckle. Hopefully that wouldn't make their next battle more difficult than it needed to be.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The impact from Peter's dropkick sent Roger flying back, crashing through the walls of a nearby ruined building. After a hit like that, he barely had the strength to get to his feet but managed to do it somehow. What the... How is he so strong? There has to be something in those shoes. There's just no other way! He was scrambling to think up a way out of this, but with his anchor broken and his gauntlets on the ground, there didn't seem to be much he could do. He was on the verge of collapsing when he saw someone approaching out of the corner of his eye.

It was Crassi! If she was headed this way, then the battle must be going at least somewhat well for his crew. If the two of them could stop Peter here, this battle could still be won. The invasion of Porte Carlo would have to wait, but that was a small price to pay for winning here. "Crassi! Good timing! Help me take this guy down and I'll triple your pay. Watch out for his feet though. He's got something crazy in those shoes." Roger called out to Crassi, knowing exactly how to get her to help, as he walked slowly out of the hole he had made in the building. He spotted his gauntlets on the ground nearby and made his way over to them since they had to have cooled off by now. He would still have to be careful though. Another hit like that and he would almost certainly be down for the count.

GoWithDAFro

Feb 18, 2010
Yoje continued to run through the west streets. After some time had passed, he had caught up to the invading pirates. They didn't seem to be making much forward progress, either because the barrier was still up, or because some of Yoje's shipmates was here fending them off. He couldn't tell which, and he didn't have any more time to think about it once the pirates noticed him.

The fight with Higaldo had left Yoje more tired than he'd have liked to admit. Instead of fighting with speed and mobility as he preferred to, he had to fight off his opponents with slower power strikes. He'd let a pirate get close, then knock him back with a kick or uppercut. He used his hybrid form so that he could attack with his tail as well. In the distance, he could see a very large man, presumably one of the stronger fighters of Roger's crew. I've got to get over to that guy... This was easier said then done, however, as all the pirates who had just ran from Hal and Grana noticed him and starting rushing at the seemingly easier target. Why does Roger have to have so many people fighting for him?

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Well... money's money. Crassi took out another vial of the same toxin she used on Sammi, recoating the blade. "I assume you're the leader of this last resort to save the island. Let's get this over with." Her tail whipped around as she thought about what she would do. "You can't win."

She ran at him, stopping a good distance away to slash her tail around at his knees. If he had special shoes, she'd just cut them off.

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
The backlash had launched Peter back, and he was thrown like a ragdoll to the nearest wall. He looked and saw the holes Harligold had made Please stay down please stay down please stay down... He then saw him get up and he swore to himself "Dammit..." He wouldn't be able to get something with that much force the same way. The anchor had been damaged, and he knew Harligold would probably be wary of getting too close again. He got up, and saw that his gun was able to fire again, but saw Harligold was almost at his gauntlets.

His current position let him see Crassi, Sammi and Marielle, but he was unaware of everything that had happened. He started reloading his weapon, trying to think up a next step. "I should have had a plan ready in case this didn't work..."

He then saw Crassi run towards him. "Are you kidding me?!" He started firing a couple shots at Crassi, a flash round and a fire round.
[hr]

Mog was now trying to get the barricade where Grana had his portal up to collapse, pounding it from the sides in the holes in the barricade and from the top. He still was unable to fit through, but only by a small amount. He was clearly frustrated at his current lack of progress, and started taking larger chunks of debris from the barricade that had fallen off and started smashing the top.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
The flash round made her back up. She wasn't going to try and charge in blind, but that also meant she didn't see the fire round. It connected with her shoulder, throwing her on her back. "Dammit!" She whirled her tail around in an attempt to keep any more rounds from hitting her. At her very best she had to distract Peter while Roger tried to hit him.

It still surprised her that the women let her go, but she was about to make them regret that.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"Mark my words, devil fruit user. I'll come back for you."

These words were still ringing in Sammi's head as she slowly regained control of her body. Her arms stopped their shaking and she slowly sat up, trying to retain some composure after her little freak out. Marielle was beside her. Sammi gave her head a shake and spit out the foamy taste the was lingering in her mouth.

"Where...the hell...is that fucking *****?" she got out, still angry that she was not dead. She tossed her left hand forward, aiming to reclaim her axe that still laid on the ground nearby.

"Gone." Marielle told her.

"No. No she's not. I heard her. Where is she? I'm going to finish what I started with that freak." She looked around, she couldn't have gotten far. The sounds led her to look behind. There she saw Toxic McTailSlut assisting some really big guy against...Peter? This wouldn't stand.

"Marielle, thanks, but it looks like I've got unfinished business to take care of here." By now she had caught her axe and brought it back, holding it tight in her left hand, now that she could do that again. She stood up, a little wobby, the antidote not fully eradicating the poison yet, but that wasn't going to stop her. She tried to move fast but it was still hard. Sammi dropped down to one knee. "All right, fine. If I can't come to you, you sure as fuck are going to come to me." She threw her right arm forward slinging ropes intending on wrapping up Taily's feet. The ropes were flying at a good pace, Sammi just needed to make sure they got there in time before her opponent did to Peter what she did to her.

Jun 13, 2010
Now that Crassi had joined the fight, Roger was confident they could turn this fight around. While Peter was distracted, he grabbed his cooled off gauntlets and put them back on. Then he turned his attention back to Peter and Crassi. Crassi was on her back, whipping her tail around which would make a good distraction for Roger to take advantage of. Once he had gotten the timing down, he dashed towards the two and leapt over Crassi in between swipes of her tail. He threw a flying punch at Peter's chest with his left hand and kept his right hand ready to block, keeping a close eye on Peter's feet.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Having dealt with the pirates, Hal ran into a building near the barricade and went up on the roof. From there he could see the big guy pounding away at the barricade. His strength must've been insane if he had made that much progress with just his bear hands. Definitely not someone Hal wanted to have to fight, even with Grana on his side. Maybe I can convince him to leave... Yeah, I'll give that a try.

"OI!" Hal called out loud enough to get the big guy's attention. "We already beat all your friend's. There's no point in fighting anymore, so you should probably just get outta here while you still can."

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
Mog actually seemed to be contemplating Hal's offer, seeing Yedaj slumped down in front of him and the various thugs strewn about. He had made most of the barricade collapse so that it was at his waist now, but the portal was stopping him from crossing easily. He reached for some debris to be careful, but he was clearly having some doubts.[hr]

Peter swore again, rolling out of the way, trying to load a hook so that he could pull himself away to get some distance. He managed to avoid the punches, but he was still in range of him. "Hey! Some help here would be nice!" He was scrambling to try and come up with another plan, but every second he had was spent trying to avoid a punch.