Weapon of choice

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
vrbtny said:
jawakiller said:
I personally would love to own a Heckler-Koch HK G36 assault rifle. If you have no idea what that is... Fucking awesome. Google that shit. Sure the rounds are smaller but the rotating bolt on this kitten is gorgeous. Yeah, fuck the AK. Go HK. Them Germans don't fuck around.
Didn't they shove that Rotating bolt in a M4 and call it the M416. I've heard good things about that rifle, and it looks dead shmexy. Never liked the look of the G36, although I do like the functionality of the Polymer-translucent magazine.
Ah, the difference is creation. The M416 was much more haphazardly thrown together compared to the G36. Still a decent weapon but the rate of fire on the later is smoother, I personally think. I've never fired an M416 but that is completely Heckler-Koch's fault due to their fucked up business practices of late. I'm guessing an M4 with a rotating bolt wouldn't have the same feel as the G36 though but it may.

But considering those things are almost double the price of a normal assault rifle, I probably won't be getting one any time soon. The G36 is actually cheaper. Like a whole grand cheaper.

I wouldn't buy the original though. I would probably get the G36C or the G36K. Not only do they both look way better but the tactical barrel and mountings on the weapon's sights are really nice.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
jawakiller said:
Ah, the difference is creation. The M416 was much more haphazardly thrown together compared to the G36. Still a decent weapon but the rate of fire on the later is smoother, I personally think. I've never fired an M416 but that is completely Heckler-Koch's fault due to their fucked up business practices of late. I'm guessing an M4 with a rotating bolt wouldn't have the same feel as the G36 though but it may.

But considering those things are almost double the price of a normal assault rifle, I probably won't be getting one any time soon. The G36 is actually cheaper. Like a whole grand cheaper.

I wouldn't buy the original though. I would probably get the G36C or the G36K. Not only do they both look way better but the tactical barrel and mountings on the weapon's sights are really nice.
Sounds perfectly reasonable. I didn't know that the M416 was a grand more than a normal Assault Rifle. Like I said I've heard lots of positive things about it(Although now I think of it, haven't heard any positive comments about the price) someone said that it was the best update of the M4 system.

Not that I have any experience with any sort of Assault Rifles, the best thing you can be in the UK without joining the Military or a PMC is someone like me, a armchair critic.

One thing about the G36 is that the Armed police who guard Buckingham palace use the G36C.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
Real world, I'd choose the M16A4, with the M203 Grenade Launcher, a 4X Acog sight, Flashlight and laser attachments.

In the gaming realm, i'd be partial to Abe's ability to possess others. Pretty much world domination right there, provided I stay out of sight!

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
Easily I would choose the Mass Acceleration Cannon from Halo Wars.

If that doesn't quailfy for this catagory, then I would choose the Gravity Gun.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
vrbtny said:
jawakiller said:
Sounds perfectly reasonable. I didn't know that the M416 was a grand more than a normal Assault Rifle. Like I said I've heard lots of positive things about it(Although now I think of it, haven't heard any positive comments about the price) someone said that it was the best update of the M4 system.
Well the pricing over in Germany is comparable to the G36 but the problem is their sales strategy. They sell their weapons at normal price to the military (and some private contractors) but they don't sell the rifles to civilians. So the US branch of Heckler-Koch has to buy the weapons from the mother company and then sells them to the non-military customers at a much higher price.

Which is where that extra grand comes in. It's not that bad normally, more of an artificially created price.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
jawakiller said:
vrbtny said:
jawakiller said:
Well the pricing over in Germany is comparable to the G36 but the problem is their sales strategy. They sell their weapons at normal price to the military (and some private contractors) but they don't sell the rifles to civilians. So the US branch of Heckler-Koch has to buy the weapons from the mother company and then sells them to the non-military customers at a much higher price.

Which is where that extra grand comes in. It's not that bad normally, more of an artificially created price.
That isn't a very good marketing strategy. So the H&K in America isn't really a branch, more of a company which shares the same name but isn't actually part of the mainframe of international companies.

A extra grand is still a grand, and that's got to be a decent percentage of the standard price. Can't say I know what a standard Assault Rifle cost, but I'm guessing it's about 1 or 2 grand. Another Grand ontop of that is quite a step up.

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
Prolly the M16A2 from Black. Its not really realistic but, a 95 round magazine and underslung M203 with HE grenades in it is pretty win :p

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
vrbtny said:
jawakiller said:
vrbtny said:

That isn't a very good marketing strategy. So the H&K in America isn't really a branch, more of a company which shares the same name but isn't actually part of the mainframe of international companies.

A extra grand is still a grand, and that's got to be a decent percentage of the standard price. Can't say I know what a standard Assault Rifle cost, but I'm guessing it's about 1 or 2 grand. Another Grand ontop of that is quite a step up.
Yeah, an AR-15 goes for about fifteen and while it's not an automatic, it's pretty much an M16. Other, real, assault rifles go for about that but can go as high as three or four thousand. I can't remember the exact pricing on the M416 but it's substantially higher then it's peers. Which is why you never see them anywhere.

Aug 1, 2010
[image/]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/30/arts/play.3.184.1.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry, first thing that came to mind.

OT: The Spartan Laser from Halo 3, but only if I could have extra ammo. Infinite range, instant kill on anything and ultra accurate. Whats not to like???

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
jawakiller said:
Yeah, an AR-15 goes for about fifteen and while it's not an automatic, it's pretty much an M16. Other, real, assault rifles go for about that but can go as high as three or four thousand. I can't remember the exact pricing on the M416 but it's substantially higher then it's peers. Which is why you never see them anywhere.
Fully-Automatics are Illegal in most states aren't they? So you can get what is a essentially a M-16 for A grand and a half? Wow, now I kinda get why nearly everyone in America has guns.

It really sounds like H&K shot themselves in the foot with the marketing for the M416..... at least it's got a staring spot in Battlefield 3. The Price might come down a bit after that. Mind, I don't know if that mainstream publicity thing works with guns like it does for other things.

I think what we're doing is the definition of thread-jacking :p

SQN Leader 095

May 8, 2011
now i cant really choose one gun and i find the guns in games to always have something wrong with them.

Pistol - Heckler Koch HK 45 pistol. chambered for .45 as it is. tan. 20 round extended magazine.

Submachine gun - TDI Kriss Super V (the vector for all you mw2 players) already chambered in .45 and a fire rate of 800 to 1100 rounds per minute. tan. 30 round stick magazine.

Assauslt rifle - Heckler-Koch HK G36 assault rifle standard chambered for 5.56x45mm. 30 round magazine. 750 rounds per minute. black

Sniper rifle - Accuracy International L96A1 / Arctic Warfare sniper rifle. chambered 7.62x51mm (.308 winchester) bolt action. five round box magazine. effective range 1100 meters (1.1 km) selective overlays

Shotgun - Franchi SPAS-12 pump action chambered for 8 gauge (larger than 12 guage) black

Machine gun - MG 42 chambered 7.92x57mm belt fed at 1200 to 1500 rounds per minute. gun metal grey

Grenade launcher - Milkor MGL-140 grenade launcher. fires 40x46mm multi shot revolving drum. effective range 150 meters point targets up to 400 meters area targets. tan. ten round drum.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I'll take any of the combat rifles that regenerate their own ammo from Borderlands. Preferably one with elemental effects, like fire or caustic damage. Why? Because, I'm a touch on the sadistic side from time to time.

Also, it needs a scope. Preferably a 1.5-2x.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
I'd be Alex Mercer, he IS a weapon, with many attachments.
But if that dosen't count then, then I'd have a mini nuke shotgun, from that Fallout 3 Mod, though I'd probably die after the first shot, it would be worth it though.